Community Member

Default Shared bank tabs - reset on alts?

Looks like if you move something to a shared bank tab on a character, that does not carry over to another character and the items are still in main?

But not always.......***

Yeah there are still some issues here. So I moved stuff to tabs on shared bank. Some of my characters have the correct things in correct tabs, some don't. 9 guys including mules and some have stuff I moved, some dont.

Logging out and in and now they seem ok? Yeah I don't know what the hell is going on but an completely terrified to move anything now, even more than I was!
    Last edited by helpfulguy1234; 09-23-2022 at 06:33 PM.

Community Member TempestAlphaOmega's Avatar

Default Something is not right

I logged onto HC and noticed that everything in my Shared Bank was dumped from the tabs where they had been into the main tab. Tabs were all still there. Said oh well, resorted it all (leaving nothing in the Main tab as it had been) and then logged off to another character on HC. Opened up the bank and all the items I had just sorted out to the other tabs were all back in the main tab. Said yeah, nope, and logged off.
    Shapshap, League of Extraordinary Ham, Sarlona and a bunch of alts that all have names begining with Sha or Sho. Of course Shapshap could be the alt and one of the others the main, it just depends on what day it is.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TempestAlphaOmega View Post
    I logged onto HC and noticed that everything in my Shared Bank was dumped from the tabs where they had been into the main tab. Tabs were all still there. Said oh well, resorted it all (leaving nothing in the Main tab as it had been) and then logged off to another character on HC. Opened up the bank and all the items I had just sorted out to the other tabs were all back in the main tab. Said yeah, nope, and logged off.
    YEAH. Same thing I was getting.

Quote Originally Posted by helpfulguy1234 View Post
    Looks like if you move something to a shared bank tab on a character, that does not carry over to another character and the items are still in main?

But not always.......***

Yeah there are still some issues here. So I moved stuff to tabs on shared bank. Some of my characters have the correct things in correct tabs, some don't. 9 guys including mules and some have stuff I moved, some dont.

Logging out and in and now they seem ok? Yeah I don't know what the hell is going on but an completely terrified to move anything now, even more than I was!
    loggin out and back in with the same character and the stuff is still in the tabs, but if you log in another character, log back out and log the first one back in, then that stuff in the tabs is back in main tab there too.

Quote Originally Posted by helpfulguy1234 View Post

But not always.......***

My wife and I have tested a few characters and in NO case has anything still been in a tab. Log a different character in, it's all back in main.

Just saying we have had a different experience than you.

And it's annoying as hell.

At least you CAN drag from one tab to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    My wife and I have tested a few characters and in NO case has anything still been in a tab. Log a different character in, it's all back in main.

Just saying we have had a different experience than you.

And it's annoying as hell.

At least you CAN drag from one tab to another.
    Same here. for the fifth time since they created the shared bank, I had to reset the items back into tabs. This time, again, they all went back to one main tab group. It's pointless to ever bother again sorting your stuff because it is 100% inevitable this will happen again.
    But hey, charge for new bank space - that's all that matters.
    Gordion ~ Jaheira ~ Piccolo
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Community Member

Good grief. Completely terrified to even move things to a tab. Let alone TR the guy I flagged for reincanation b4 the downtime.

I'm getting the same problem. It reset twice on me so far.

It takes so long to sort things, so I'm not sorting them again until this is fixed, as it defeats the purpose of the tabs. Hopefully it won't take long.

-Bel

So, found another issue.

Many items in the bank no longer display min level. If you know the scaling, you can usually tell about what level an item is supposed to be but can't be sure until you remove it from the bank to your inventory.

Community Manager

It is probably a good idea to pause on extensive bank work at the moment while we sort through remaining bugs. Any versioning of the bank necessary to fix or update the bank will require custom tabs to be reset.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Default Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenicis View Post
    So, found another issue.

Many items in the bank no longer display min level. If you know the scaling, you can usually tell about what level an item is supposed to be but can't be sure until you remove it from the bank to your inventory.
    Noticed same

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    It is probably a good idea to pause on extensive bank work at the moment while we sort through remaining bugs. Any versioning of the bank necessary to fix or update the bank will require custom tabs to be reset.
    Maybe next time we deploy a big patch we could try to think about an exit strategy *before* we do the work? Maybe?

I mean, the players have had two server rollbacks. Maybe we should have thought about reverting patches before we had to do it a second time?

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Yep, discovered this just now. Awesome. Could we please just have the old bank back that didn't eat items, didn't reset every two days, and didn't need worlds to be taken down over and over? At least until it actually works (so around 2026?)?
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Default past life feats gone

After heroic true incarnation,

my epic past life feats are gone (bisedes the completionist) and i cannot select them. aswel as all the iconic ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yep, discovered this just now. Awesome. Could we please just have the old bank back that didn't eat items, didn't reset every two days, and didn't need worlds to be taken down over and over? At least until it actually works (so around 2026?)?
    +1

I just don't understand why trying to fix things that are not broken when there are full-on real problems that need to be solved.
    Failed management and failed realization.

I think it's hilarious. Like going to get a drive thru and they tell you "Uhhh we don't know what we're doing here, so probably shouldn't order any combos or drinks."
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Just to make sure you are 100% clear with the issue:
    This is not the 'usual reset' to main tab after an update.
    This happens after every login since the last update. (as soon you log in any character, other than who moved the items to a custom tab)

We are aware of an issue regarding the Shared/Account bank resetting the contents of it's bank tabs to the main tab. A fix is being worked on to ensure that the reset only happen once per account as opposed to once per character. The tabs created will remain, but the contents of the Shared/Account Bank will move to Main one more time, so hold off on your Shared/Account bank organization for now.