Community Member Yvonne_Blacksword's Avatar

Default what to do when the servers are down....

I have had a long history with DDO. Not a founder, but I bought a verrrrry expensive laptop to play it (as I didn't know where I would be from week to week as a traveling trainer for the navy).
    I learned how to build gaming rig PC's, went through a warehouse of gaming mice, repaired peripherals without a clue, kept a ready stock of keyboards, graphics cards and headphones to switch out.
    I have played 80hours a week while still holding that job and sleeping very little due to the navy culture...

So, as an addict, to the calming, outraging, outlet that gave me a reason for raging mood swings that I acquired from my time in service...

I want to know how normal, rational people get by without the emotional release afforded by playing the game.

Anyone got any ideas how I should spend my 10pm-6am insomniac hours?

Please help?

I mean, I can only read soooo many books on my kindle before I lose all sense of reality and rational social intercourse.
    Noep

In this instance, the LOTRO servers and DDO servers went down at different times, and LOTRO is still up and well (relatively). Keeps your play time in SSG's house.

I have two out-of-house fall backs:

My old Diablo 2 still installed. Have the new reboot, but it's sitting quietly collecting dust waiting for me to buy a new puter that can push it.

Fallen Earth, servers have been turned back on in maintenance mode while the new owners rebuild the game basically from scratch.

Beyond that: There's laundry, yard work, chilling on the back deck watching the hummingbirds argue over the feeder, picking something off my lengthy "I'll get to it some day" to-do list....

...or like today, spend WAY too much time watchign YouTube vids.
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Default Bord

I brought up No Mans Sky took 25 minutes for updates says I have not play since 2016 ha ha guess I play too much DND.
    Guild leader Thelanis - Rexit, Guild leader Gallanda -Rextexx, Guild leader Khyber - Rexwar, and former guild leader Argonnessen - Rexonater

Guild Wars 2

Repetitive and boring but nice to look at. I had been away so long that I have four or five birthday celebration items and went from level 30 to 60 at one click.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    If one of them falls off a cliff, it ain't their fault.

I've written a few cursory outlines of the first book in a series I'm going to write.

That takes up some time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Complain on the forums?
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by kmoustakas View Post
    Complain on the forums?
    Nah. Too easy and entirely unoriginal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Possibly go outside? You know, exercise, hike, run, play sports? Meet with friends, re-integrate yourself into social circles?

Just a thought.
    ~ Alco Holic ~ Grlfriendaggro Pizzenmeoff ~ Rincewind the Damp ~ Sunbernt Junk ~ Ouchmy Leghurtz ~
    ~ Bobthesponge Squarethepants ~ Whaleoil Beef Hooked~
    ~Ascent~

Consider listening to music. And/or watching your favorite band(s) performances.