Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast
    Community Manager

Default Worlds Unavailable: Thursday, September 22nd

UPDATE: Argonnessen and Thelanis have reopened.

UPDATE: All game worlds except for Argonnessen and Thelanis have reopened. The game worlds have been rolled back to an earlier state from about 7:00 AM Eastern (-4 GMT) on Thursday, September 22nd. We have also completed work to correct the issue that caused some items to go missing from players' Reincarnation Caches yesterday, so no further item loss should happen when players try to move items out of their Cache.

We have brought down the game worlds while we investigate an issue with items going missing from Reincarnation Caches. We will have more information as soon as we can.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 09-23-2022 at 01:10 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have brought down the game worlds while we investigate an issue with items going missing from Reincarnation Caches. We will have more information as soon as we can.
    Sounds like a stinky situation. I'm glad your team is on it. We are all pulling for you out here!
    I can be found on Orien as Cilon
    HC7: Typhoon, Dreaded Knight, and Wish. HC6: Naivety. HC5: Who Is Here. HC4: Cylon Centurian. HC3: Soulstone in Your Pack. HC2: Carnage

Just roll the server back to yesterday. we are not beta testers. i lost a few items after Tr today.
    Prettypuppy

Katapult Kittens
    G h a l l a n d a

Community Member ivellious_lavinthal's Avatar

so with the title being worlds unavailable Thursday....does this mean that you do not anticipate them reopening until Friday? I get that fixes take time and I want you folks to take your time and do the job right I just want to plan my time accordingly.
    Proud leader Of Top Hat Inc on Sarlona

characters ; Tolab, Mattiey, Baretto, Sinyster, Wednesdayxii, Laintra, Nykkey, Earisu

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Remember how I asked if there was going to be any testing before the update?

I know everyone at SSG puts in a lot of time and effort to put a good product out there and I for one appreciate it. But that being said, every time a new update is put out something breaks. And it's getting a little old.

Default Too busy

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    Remember how I asked if there was going to be any testing before the update?
    They were collectively too busy not answering you to do the testing.
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

This time, to forgive you, i demand a couple of Otto's boxes per character

Quote Originally Posted by drathdragon View Post
    This time, to forgive you, i demand a couple of Otto's boxes per character

Quote Originally Posted by ivellious_lavinthal View Post
    so with the title being worlds unavailable Thursday....does this mean that you do not anticipate them reopening until Friday? I get that fixes take time and I want you folks to take your time and do the job right I just want to plan my time accordingly.
    i notice no answer

Community Member

What is going on with servers?

EDIT: and why does my computer list the time of this post as 9-22-2022, 6:10 PM (time zone?) when it's 9-22-2022 11:11 AM PST? It's in like Spain time zone.
    Last edited by Hexokinase; 09-22-2022 at 01:15 PM.

Community Member

So let's talk about the 10% buddy bonus for the rest of 2022.................

Because you guys........DUN F'D UP!

Like, if you had a daughter, she would be swinging around a pole right now. That's how bad you messed up.

Wink wonderful!

Quote Originally Posted by Volarr View Post
    i notice no answer
    rollback please

It's not beta test, now we're paying to alpha test.

2 points and counting

again I say, quit making changes until you know what you are doing.

which will likely be never
    2 wrongs don't make a right
    3 rights make a left

SSG knew that changing the bank system would be a big pain and that there would be a lot of problems with it. They had to give us more bank space and changing the system was the best way to do that to do. They were right about that one and still went ahead with it. I think they are working very hard to raise the level cap to 40. So this is the the price we pay for level increase.

Today, my character died on Hardcore server. Did someone say rollback????

Mothergoose - Kardinal - Bunks

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Volarr View Post
    SSG knew that changing the bank system would be a big pain and that there would be a lot of problems with it. They had to give us more bank space and changing the system was the best way to do that to do. They were right about that one and still went ahead with it. I think they are working very hard to raise the level cap to 40. So this is the the price we pay for level increase.
    I noticed that my shared bank was listing my gems wrongly as well. I don't remember precisely what it was but like listing a +6 gem as a +8 in the shared bank."

I just started playing again after years and I think all the gems were the "old augment system" though so I figured the problem was known but I guess I should mention it since it has to do with banking. Anyway, i still have a ton of old cannith shards from good/shadow/winter/etc motes so that's my state of inventory - stuff from the last few weeks and stuff from 5-6 years ago. I also have a reincarnation cache from years ago but haven't had any trouble taking stuff out so far. Not that I took a lot out.

Quote Originally Posted by White View Post
    Just roll the server back to yesterday
    Quote Originally Posted by Katanauser View Post
    rollback please
    Please stop talking BS and making a bad situation even worse.
    The items proly went invisible as did before with the btc bug, so you'll get your **** back after fix.
    Asking to wipe everyones progression and loot since yesterday for no real reason is pretty rude and absurd.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIvan View Post
    Please stop talking BS and making a bad situation even worse.
    The items proly went invisible as did before with the btc bug, so you'll get your **** back after fix.
    Asking to wipe everyones progression and loot since yesterday for no real reason is pretty rude and absurd.

Appears that someone grabbed an rare loot O.o

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chaimberland View Post
    I know everyone at SSG puts in a lot of time and effort to put a good product out there and I for one appreciate it. But that being said, every time a new update is put out something breaks. And it's getting a little old.
    I dont think anyone would doubt their loyalty and compassion for the game, coding, making expansions etc.. but the biggest problem is.. The game is OLD.. the code is old.. im sure a mess.. like a Football field of yarn all tangled up. Mess with one thing and not knwo how it will affect something else.
    All these new ideas are great but trying to apply them to an old game I always feel just wont work. You would have to tear the entire game down and rebuild the entire coding structure , with more efficient code.. but who is going to do that? Not a few developers. As fun as the game is, its just one of those games that barely stays afloat in the water. Its not really anyone fault, just cant do a lot to an old game with out some kind of drawback.
    You are welcome to follow me on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/cmecu_grogerian OR https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL5...4Db-RhwMsZBedQ
    Also Friday Nights 8pm EST Brock and Friends DDO Stream https://www.twitch.tv/ddostream

Page 1 of 27 1234511 ... LastLast