Community Member

Default Trailblazer Sacred Daggers of Vol + Monk Stances

The main feature of this setup is that you get two sources of passive Ki generation, Trailblazer, and Greater Ocean Stance on creation, so you can spam your Incinerating Wave. You cannot Ki burst until level 16 when you pickup Ki Explosion, which would be fun to combo in heroics.

This still needs Vistani anyway for the improved critical profile in the level 12 core, because it does not get holy sword until it gets two level 4 spell slots, so not much changes from the melee trees, but extra points are in the Trailblazer Racial tree.

Enhancements on creation as Iconic at 15:

Feats:
    Level 1 Tabaxi or Trailblazer: Monk Bonus: Two Weapon Fighting, regular feat for Two Weapon Defense (+10 MRR cap)
    Level 2 Favored Soul, Deity: Blood of Vol, grabbed Nightshield and Protection from Evil, which might be nice for convenience at the outset
    Level 3 Sacred Fist: Empower Healing
    Level 4 Sacred Fist +1 DEX (remaining level ups in CHA)
    Level 6 Sacred Fist: Adept of Forms
    Level 7 Sacred Fist
    Level 8 Sacred Fist
    Level 9 Sacred Fist: Improved Two Weapon Fighting
    Level 10 Sacred Fist
    Level 11 Sacred Fist
    Level 12 Sacred Fist: Master of Forms
    Level 13 Sacred Fist:
    Level 14 Sacred Fist:
    Level 15 Sacred Fist: Improved Critical Piercing
    Level 16 Sacred Fist:
    Level 17 Sacred Fist:
    Level 18 Sacred Fist: Grandmaster of Forms
    Level 19 Monk: Bonus Feat: Precision
    Level 20 Monk:
    Level 21: Greater Two Weapon Fighting
    Level 22: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
    Level 24: Overwhelming Critical
    Level 25: Crush Weakness
    Level 27: Quicken
    Level 28: Fount of Life for Healing Amp, Pierce Adamantine or Cold Iron, Deific Warding is half wasted with the MRR cap but is OK I guess. I would not go Pierce Silver because that is on so many items.
    Level 30: Epic Reflexes
    Level 30: Scion of Arborea
    Level 31: Either Legendary Toughness, or one of the Weapon Specialty feats if you wanted to have say THF Staff Favored from Divine Crusader T3

Edit: Clarified Deity selection for Favored Soul Level, might not be obvious for a new player.

Edit: I left out starting stat distribution for a first life or test character. For Tabaxi starting at level 1, which is what I decided I want to try for this, these would work as a starting point for a 32 point build, could adjust with 36 point build and tomes. The Regular Tabaxi lacks some of the nice monk stuff like Ki generation bonuses, but still has some other nice stuff as an auxiliary melee tree. Even just 1 AP in either Tabaxi racial tree gets DEX to hit which should be pretty great since CHA to hit and damage does not kick in until 6 Sacred Fist levels, which is level 8. I think I will actually have to main tree Tabaxi to pickup DEX to damage in T3 and switch things around at level 8.

STR 8
    DEX 16
    CON 14
    INT 14
    WIS 12
    CHA 16

Edit, Swapping out Precision at level 3, adding Empower Healing there.
    Taking levels 19 and 20 as Monk and using the Monk bonus feat for Precision.

Edit, also I am considering starting this at level 1, though it is very backloaded.
    Last edited by dogsoldier; 09-14-2022 at 01:00 AM.

Community Member

I think I will probably do this starting from level 1 as my 3rd Sacred Fist life. And the reason for that rather than Iconic is mostly because I can dust off these ToEE daggers:

Community Member

It bugs me that I do not have room for Empower Healing by Epic, I kind of wanted to try mixing in some Radiant Servant, at least 6 AP for the SLA and if I can squeeze it in, and it would work for the Epic healing SLAs too. It might be possible to swap out quicken for it. I never used quicken on the Sacred Fist Ki Spells, though it would also be really nice on any CC and Healing SLA.

Community Member

If Sacred Fist could simply pick a Deity on creation then my 18/1/1 Split idea would come together better subbing out the Favored Soul level for Fighter, and my combat feats would not be so back loaded.

Community Member

Looking at the Martial Arts feats again, I think I can get what I want from another Monk level (taking Precision as a Martial Arts Feat), but at that point might as well take a 3rd monk level. So that would mean Empower Healing at level 3, and pushing back the 2nd monk level until I reach my BAB requirements. And the new split would be 16/3/1 Sacred Fist / Monk / Favored Soul.

Community Member

Also, based upon a general DDO discussion, if I start at level 1, it may be better to go Drow instead with all of the stats this needs. This would still work well as an Iconic.