Community Member

Default Sacred Fist - Light of Glory

Light of Glory doesn't appear to make the damage true light damage. It has the correct icon, but does not interact properly with creatures with light vulnerability.

More information/detail? Which creatures, which quests? What are you seeing, and what were you expecting? (Enquiring minds want to know!)

Community Member

Ran a lot of RL quests. My friend was using the Scraps of Enlightenment. Undead vulnerable to light damage such as shadows took extra damage from the scraps, but not from the extra pally dice. Even golems took standard damage from the pally light dice as if it was simply untyped damage.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fauxknight View Post
    Light of Glory doesn't appear to make the damage true light damage. It has the correct icon, but does not interact properly with creatures with light vulnerability.
    I'll do you one better: the fire damage from Sacred Flame isn't "fire damage" at all. Enemies that should be immune to fire just aren't.

Had level 1 fire handwraps equipped, sacred flame active, hit grey oozes in two different Harbor quests. Handwrap damage ignored, sacred flame just punches through without wondering why it should stop.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xgya View Post
    I'll do you one better: the fire damage from Sacred Flame isn't "fire damage" at all. Enemies that should be immune to fire just aren't.

Had level 1 fire handwraps equipped, sacred flame active, hit grey oozes in two different Harbor quests. Handwrap damage ignored, sacred flame just punches through without wondering why it should stop.
    A small addendum and discovery.
    The fire damage IS reduced when fighting Whisperdoom in Tangleroot.
    I don't remember what resistances or DR she has, but 3 sacred dice isn't enough to punch through. (not immune though - 0 damage - I'll have to check fire-RESISTANT monsters later to check if this is resistance working properly where immunity isn't)
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.