Community Member

Default Stormsinger Suggestions

I have been playing the bard through hardcore and on my main server. When Stormsinger was announced, I was pretty stoked to play it based on the description. After getting my hands on it there are some weird things about it and I think a few things that would make it shine as a great off blaster support. I dont think it should out shine a pure blaster for... well blasting. It could be a pretty good second fiddle and also bring unique buffs to help the group.
    I have listed a few changes/buffs I think would help it out.

Play a Guitar for spellcasting
    Really just a cool change, similar to the tiefling scoundrel to give it some identity. Maybe a toggle for "unique instruments" would be cool for people that dont like it
    Also: for the toggle maybe an option to allow it to only use its instrument for Inspiration or to use it for all spells.

Return Ballad Melody: Greatness to promote synergy with warchanter better.
    Warchanter has several buffs to Greatness and it seems that the intent for all the cold damage in Stormsinger was to work with warchanter. However, Stormsinger doesn't currently get Greatness.

Allow our Electric spells to trigger Lightning Strike.
    I like the proc a lot but it feels weird to limit it to sonic and cold. Let people choose if they want to be a pure lightning blaster and all the cool/annoying things that entails.

Add the Cold Spells to Spellbook and Electric Spells to SLA Multiselctor (Cold, Sonic, Electric)
    This is also in the line of choice. If we want to lean on cold damage we cant since the selection is limited. If we want to lean on Electric, its hard since there are no SLA's.

Give Lighting Strike a higher chance to proc on self melee/ranged strikes.
    I think limiting it to a lower proc on allies is fine but it should have the same proc for the bards own melee as its spells. This would allow better warchanter hybrids to happen and be interesting.

Give Stormsingers Inspiration a proc on spells cast by allies.
    Keep it with the low proc like melee but allow every character to benefit a little from having a stormsinger in the party.

Several of these changes are a little interdependent but they all add to the fun and flexibility of the new archetype. Making a lightning blaster, Cold blaster and Melee warchanter all work decently well.
    These are all my opinions and I am interested to hear yours. I am not interested in a OP class. I just am looking for more and more variety of decently viable options.
    Last edited by MarkTatsu; 09-08-2022 at 03:19 AM.