Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Can I get a refund for my Aasimar and Aasimar Scourge purchases?

Ha!

Sonic blast is now properly single target... yeah, says who exactly?

I can't wait for the next Producer's Letter to tell us what a complete success Update 56 was!

It sucks, but it is actually a single target spell in v3.5 D&D rules. Though to change it now after a decade seems utterly bizarre...

Quote Originally Posted by Amorais View Post
    It sucks, but it is actually a single target spell in v3.5 D&D rules. Though to change it now after a decade seems utterly bizarre...
    It's also very importantly not a bard spell! The outrage
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Gnominal_Aphasia View Post
    Ha!
    No.

You have played your aasimar characters for 5 years, if you think you can get a refund now then

Not meant unkindly towards you but this is only an excuse for a rules lawyer. And if that is a VALID excuse then where is my ranger animal companion? where is my 2nd cleric domain? Druids have so very many wild shapes than DDO has so get to it! Oh and Druid has a wide variety of animal companion options so why am I forced to choose wolf? Show me in PnP where PRR & MRR exist? Where is Reaper difficulty in the book? Oh and kmoustakas is right, in PnP sonic blast isn't even a bard spell but it fits the theme. Oh you know what else? Everard's Tentacles is a sorc/wiz spell and ALL sorc/wiz should have the choice of Weird as a 9th circle spell because it was on their spell list in PnP!

See? Not a valid excuse at all. DDO has made so very many changes to D&D to accommodate playing in a video game media. The essentials are similar enough to give us feelings of familiarity and nostalgia but the specifics differ greatly.

@Gnominal_Aphasia

Sorry you trusted DDO, making something cool and selling it and then taking away a lot of what made it cool and fun later is their MO.

If you bought Aasimar just for the self healing I would suggest turning to the F2P Halfling unless you are on a very feat starved class. IMHO after the nerfs Halfing self heals better than Aasimar (2 LOH at level 1 but not until 16 getting 2 more), and certainly in lower levels with 8 charges of Cure light wounds, 6 of cure serious and 4 Heal as early as level 3. Feels like that will probably be on the chopping block next though because? idk someone has their HC knickers in a twist and really wants to make certain they twist the screws in as much as possible.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

@Aeolonwy - I agree with you , but was just being devil's advocate really.

I think they are secretly watching Strimtom's stream and nerfing stuff that seems to work too well!

Community Member

I think they are secretly watching Strimtom's stream and nerfing stuff that seems to work too well!

I BLAME Strimtom clearly he OPED and torpeoded the lot of us by trivialising everything he streams (way to go M8 at least DAMMIT, pretend you having difficulties next time so they dont neffed the toilet wipe).

Sorry,
    all sales are final. :-P

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    If you bought Aasimar just for the self healing I would suggest turning to the F2P Halfling unless you are on a very feat starved class. IMHO after the nerfs Halfing self heals better than Aasimar (2 LOH at level 1 but not until 16 getting 2 more), and certainly in lower levels with 8 charges of Cure light wounds, 6 of cure serious and 4 Heal as early as level 3. Feels like that will probably be on the chopping block next though because? idk someone has their HC knickers in a twist and really wants to make certain they twist the screws in as much as possible.
    Also, you can metamagic the halfling DMs, makes for some great heals with a single level of wizard or cleric. Played Rog18/Ftr1/Wiz1 for that feat and some utility spells.

Aasimar is still a great racial tree.

Community Member

DDO is an ARPG at this point and the devs need to either acknowledge it and balance accordingly, or stop designing quests with dozens and dozens of multi mob encounters in every single quest

Quote Originally Posted by Redtalktree View Post
    I BLAME Strimtom clearly he OPED and torpeoded the lot of us by trivialising everything he streams (way to go M8 at least DAMMIT, pretend you having difficulties next time so they dont neffed the toilet wipe).
    I hope that's not true. I really like Strimtom but to balance (*weak sad laugh*) anything based off one of our very best players is only going to hurt the majority of players. I'd rather go without his stream than see more "balance" adjustments like these.

Put in a ceiling sure, but quit destroying the floor while you're at it.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

You buy stuff for a few dollars in a digital store and after x years it change and you want the dollars refunded?

I must say that Aasimar combined with pally/sacred fist/unyilding sentinel could be kind of extreme. 4 more lay on hands than all others is not bad as is.

They will be great anyway but not as great ofcourse.

Some builds that got some healing thanks to this is probably back to drawing board. Happens.

All mmos is changin, and sooner or later your build, if you try to get the best out of it will probably be "nerfed/changed". Try instead be positive that you beat the devs and got a build so op they had to nerf it? :-)
    Triple all

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Karthunk View Post
    Aasimar is still a great racial tree.
    Its really not.

Nerfing the number of charges was ok but removing the recharge completely kills it. The tree is now so ok, its average. Very far from great.

I'm extra annoyed. I'm doing the new archetype lives for the moment but when those are done and I TR back into fire sorc my only real choice will be tiefling, and those are so freaking ugly!

Can we just have entire cosmetic classes, please?

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post
    Its really not.

Nerfing the number of charges was ok but removing the recharge completely kills it. The tree is now so ok, its average. Very far from great.

I'm extra annoyed. I'm doing the new archetype lives for the moment but when those are done and I TR back into fire sorc my only real choice will be tiefling, and those are so freaking ugly!

Can we just have entire cosmetic classes, please?
    The removal of a recharge of a LoH every 3 mins killed the tree for you? What?

How long are you spending missions? Most missions take 5-15 mins tops and there are shrines everwhere.
    Last edited by Karthunk; 09-04-2022 at 04:11 PM.

Community Member

It's also not a Bard spell, if you really want to be pointy about the rules.
    Oh, and it takes a first level spell slot, and we're sorely lacking on those as well.
    Enthusiasm enthusiast enthusiast.

Wouldn’t be the first time

Secretly? Next stream, ask Strimtom how much SSG pays him from the "advertising" budget.

I'm already over the Sonic Blast change. All they need to do is make sure it performs well for a single target. What I'm more concerned with is how bad the new Archetypes are. Unless SSG intends to nerf literally everything else in the game down to Dark Apostates level to make them seem strong XD
    "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."

The Burning Hand ~ Sarlona
    (\/)annaz ~ (\/)annox ~ (\/)anny ~ (\/)annfred

Hero

Quote Originally Posted by Knightrose View Post
    I'm already over the Sonic Blast change. All they need to do is make sure it performs well for a single target. What I'm more concerned with is how bad the new Archetypes are. Unless SSG intends to nerf literally everything else in the game down to Dark Apostates level to make them seem strong XD
    I like my Stormsinger/Spellsinger bard so far. Only problem is, if you are playing on HC, and you are spending all your AP in Spellsinger and Stormsinger, you are too squishy. I would usually get some warchanter for extra HP and defensive stuff, but you have no AP for that if you go big on Spellsinger/Stormsinger. It would be more practical to play on my normal server where I have better gear options, past lives, a bunch of racial AP, and dying doesn't really matter. So while it is fun to play a nukey bard, I'm L11 now, I doubt I will even make it to L20 on HC with this build. One bad save roll on a disintegrate or something and I'm done.

I haven't tried the other archetypes yet. I'll try the Pally/monk one at some point. Don't really have any interest in playing a dark cleric though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast