Community Member

Default Stormsinger Question to all Lamania testers

Hey,

I love bards... and on paper [ho ho] Stormsinger sounds [hee hee] great. More electric spells to shake a stick at including chain lightning and thunderstroke plus iceberg at T5... but my question is how to I build a pure Stormsinger that doesn't run out of spell points faster than you can say "too many spells and no access to additional mana"?

Thanks!

I read the release notes and the wiki pages and thought about this long and hard; at level 16+, having access to iceberg and chain lightning/thunderstroke seems a dream, but having played Spellsingers using almost only cheap sonic SLAs and the occasional (situational) Hold Monsters Mass and Wail of the Banshee, the song of vigor is essential. On top of that, Spellsinger provides an extra +300 spell points whereas the Stormsinger archetype will limit access to +60 spell points.

I will test Stormsinger and see if the Lightning Strike mechanic compensates for the way smaller mana pool.

Default Sp

Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II, or something else with Kinetic on it, Spell Storing ring, any applicable Feats,
    the ED skill for the 10% SP pool (forget the name), and a friendly Wizardry item as usual.

---------------------------------------------------

You're right there's some shuffling to do to try and compensate for the SP nosedive.
    Last edited by DRoark; 09-04-2022 at 07:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II, or something else with Kinetic on it, Spell Storing ring, any applicable Feats,
    the ED skill for the 10% SP pool (forget the name), and a friendly Wizardry item as usual.

---------------------------------------------------

You're right there's some shuffling to do to try and compensate for the SP nosedive.
    5x legendary spell storing + 3x epic spell storing will be a big help, as well as mysterious bauble.

Torc sadly is on melee hit only.. So sad what the devs did to it. Practically useless for me, as I am not a tank.

Community Member

I have mentioned this on Lamannia, and suggested Stormsingers should receive free Mental Toughness at 12, IMT at 18, and EMT at core 20.
    Instead, they got Magical Training at 1.
    Yeah.

I have also suggested that the extra spell points from T5 Spellsinger should be autogranted to all bards.