Default Game Crashes After Update

SO i got home and started the game as usual. Game updated fine. When I log and enter the world (hardcore) the game crashes after about 10 seconds. Rinse and repeat about 3 times and keeps crashing, no error code, simply shuts down. Does anyone have a fix for this?

Edit: Checked the main server and thought it was working but only got about 10 seconds longer before the crash again
    Last edited by sparty55; 08-31-2022 at 07:17 PM.
    Sparty

sameish issue here.

found another thread about it too, but not very helpful.
    https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...d-after-update
    Yndrofian
    Officer of the
    Order of the Silver Dragon
    Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Yndrofian View Post
    sameish issue here.

found another thread about it too, but not very helpful.
    https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...d-after-update
    I did a reinstall of the game and it seems to be working for now.
    Sparty

Quote Originally Posted by sparty55 View Post
    I did a reinstall of the game and it seems to be working for now.
    thanks!

last time i had to reinstall i lost/had to redo a bunch of stuff in game... i think... like key bindings and settings..?
    did you have to do any of that?
    Yndrofian
    Officer of the
    Argonnessen

Default what fixed my crash issue

ive not had time to actually play the game, but i have logged in, rolled my dailies, zoned to ships cargo hold, and interacted with my bank.

short answer:
    i had to flush my dns. thats what fixed my client crashing after server selection. im running windows 10.
    • Click the Start button in the bottom left-hand corner of the screen.
    • On the Start Menu, click within the search box and in the field type "cmd" without the quotations
    • A program named "Command Prompt" should appear. Right-click on Command Prompt and select "Run as Administrator."
    • A command prompt will now appear. In this window type in "ipconfig /flushdns" with no quotes. Once it says successful, reboot your machine and try accessing the game once again.

the long answer:
    whereas they did not help me, these steps may help others. they are the steps i was told to take my tech support before i got to the one that fixed my issue.
    • rename the ddo subfolder in the Documents folder and add "old" to the front of the name and try to run the game.
    • they then looked at a dxdiag report and msinfo report i sent them. from this they had me do the following to make sure the game was using my installed video card (instead of the onboard card)
      • Open your Windows Settings
      • Go to System > Display > Graphics Settings
      • Click on the Browse button and look for lotroclient.exe and lotroclient64.exe (inside the installation folder, the 64 launcher is inside the subfolder called x64), and click on Add
      • Once added, click on one of them and then click on Options, choose High Performance. Repeat the steps for the other version of the launcher.
    • they also recommended "trying to adjust the UDP port in your router to 9000 - 9100 as this is the port used by the game" but i did not make it to this step as the dns flush worked for me.

hope this helps someone
    Yndrofian
    Officer of the
    Argonnessen

Community Member

i tried installing the game on 2 different machines and neither will start i keep getting "there was an error generating the hash code" and i cant post threads yet, hoping someone sees it

Community Member HelvanderSeries6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yndrofian View Post
    thanks!

last time i had to reinstall i lost/had to redo a bunch of stuff in game... i think... like key bindings and settings..?
    did you have to do any of that?
    Copy these folders before you reinstall:

ddo.keymap
    UserPreferences
    And Ui if you are using skins.
    Wits and swords are as straws against the wisdom of the Darkness___Conan the Cimmerian
    Gnomes taste like mushrooms...jus say'n
    Order of the Stick http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

Community Member

man my game wont work no matter what i try