Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default So, SSG, you wrecked my character(again)

Since Aasimar self-healing has now been nerfed straight into the ground(seriously, without the regeneration the ability is useless) and that was why I played that race, I am stuck needing to TR instantly out of an unplayable character.

Often times when SSG delivers such a harsh and unnecessary nerfing, the players who's characters are wrecked at least get something to ease the pain.

So, SSG, you wrecked my character; how are you going to make this right?

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post
    Since Aasimar self-healing has now been nerfed straight into the ground(seriously, without the regeneration the ability is useless) and that was why I played that race, I am stuck needing to TR instantly out of an unplayable character.

Often times when SSG delivers such a harsh and unnecessary nerfing, the players who's characters are wrecked at least get something to ease the pain.

If it’s that bad you need to TR to fix it then what could they do to make it right? Sounds like you have your own solution

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

They are going to nerf every other useful or fun ability, so everyone is on a level playing ground. That way, noone gets left out.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

You're saying the Aasimar is now an unplayable race due to self-healing being nerfed?

What other race gives you regeneration that makes it more appealing to you?

For me Aasimar is very playable for many reasons other than just regeneration. I will not be TR'ing out of it. It sounds like you really liked one specific item and due some modifications you're stating its broken and unplayable, need attention?
    Fizban - Avatar of Khyber
    Guild Leader of Legends: Where adventurers are born & Legends live.
    Motto: Enjoy the game, loot and XP will follow

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    They are going to nerf every other useful or fun ability, so everyone is on a level playing ground. That way, noone gets left out.
    I still want Dance of the Water Strider back, sure it did not work on most things, but it was fun when it did.

The Hatchery
    2014 & 2016 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Halciet View Post
    I still want Dance of the Water Strider back, sure it did not work on most things, but it was fun when it did.
    Heh, had totally forgotten about that one, but yeah, that was really great, even if I only tended to use it in the harbor, just for fun.
    DDO: If a problem cannot be solved by the application of DPS, you're not applying enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Heh, had totally forgotten about that one, but yeah, that was really great, even if I only tended to use it in the harbor, just for fun.
    I loved it in Crucible, after the maze for that tiny stretch of water with its current against you.

Community Member

Whenever they nerfbat a character like this they really should give characters of that class a LR20, they used to.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Whitering View Post
    Whenever they nerfbat a character like this they really should give characters of that class a LR20, they used to.
    This.

Although it doesn't really help when the nerf is to the race and the only way to change race is through a complete TR.

Community Member

To be fair it was CLEARLY op, and was the reason people call Aasimar the "master race." Many anecdotes suggest it was better than paladin lay on hands. It's fair to only get a set amount, and have to recharge them at shrines..

This.

Although it doesn't really help when the nerf is to the race and the only way to change race is through a complete TR.
    Im curious to what happened.
    Must have missed it in the release notes.
    I'll look again.
    Ever bleed out in a thornbush? Welcome to UD14.

Quote Originally Posted by captain1z View Post
    Im curious to what happened.
    Must have missed it in the release notes.
    I'll look again.
    Ok, so after a quick search, I found it.

"Aasimar and Scourge Core 5 no longer provides a recharge ability to Healing Hands charges, and also now provides +2 healing hands charges."

No longer recharges but you get 2 extra uses.

The only way I can understand how the op feels is by remembering a rogue halfling I made once.
    Took the healing dragonmark and boosted it to 5 uses. It only healed about 200 hp or so and my max hp was 900-ish

So I could basically heal up to full once. Wasnt worth the feat and APs.

Didnt break my character though as I could scroll heal or spend a few EDs in Unyielding Sovereignty for Renew.

1 lay on hands every 90 secs.....eeeeh its a loss in healing over time but you can move the APs around and boost your defense. You'd ideally need less heal and can grab an alternative source. DDO has no shortage in self healing sources. If a barbarian can manage it, it shouldn't break any characters.

I hear you though. Nerfs always hurt.

Theres a book out there calked "Who moved my cheese" I often recommend it to co-workers.

Just saying ????*??

Ok, so after a quick search, I found it.

"Aasimar and Scourge Core 5 no longer provides a recharge ability to Healing Hands charges, and also now provides +2 healing hands charges."

No longer recharges but you get 2 extra uses.

Still misunderstood, previously Aasimar started with 1 charge of LoH and through their racial tree could spend 7 points so that by level 16 they had a total of 7 charges of LoH that also recharged 1 every 3 minutes. (At level 7 they previously could have 4 charges per rest total for 4 racial AP.)

Now according to the release notes Aasimar starts with 1 charge of LoH, had the 2 at core 3 removed and those 2 replace the 3 that were previously given at core 5 so those same 7 previous racial AP only give a total of 4 LoH by level 16 (instead of 7) and removed the recharge ability. So from level 1 until level 16 the character is ONLY going to have access to 2 LoH per rest and after level 16 until epic destinies is only going to have 4 per rest... and that assumes they MUST choose the destiny that adds to them.

So almost half the charges were removed and no longer recharges for the same AP cost.

What sucks is that huge gap in not getting more charges from level 1 until level 16 and for my part a total of 4 charges per rest just ISN"T ENOUGH. 5 maybe, 6 would be better, especially as I sometimes use them on my teammates to save the day. I could have accepted 1 at core 1, 1 at core 3 and 2 at core 5 but they weren't willing to listen to any feedback.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

No reason to nerf aasimar. Tin-foil hat theory coming...they did this to slow people down and make them have to shrine to nerf the speed at which we can do the quest, thus burning our XP pots even more, for no reason other than the mighty $. But thats just a tin-foil theory of mine. doesn't mean its true, or that this nerf is anything other than unnecessary.
    Khyber: Main Nicodemous Alt: Ichuck

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Still misunderstood, previously Aasimar started with 1 charge of LoH and through their racial tree could spend 7 points so that by level 16 they had a total of 7 charges of LoH that also recharged 1 every 3 minutes. (At level 7 they previously could have 4 charges per rest total for 4 racial AP.)

Now according to the release notes Aasimar starts with 1 charge of LoH, had the 2 at core 3 removed and those 2 replace the 3 that were previously given at core 5 so those same 7 previous racial AP only give a total of 4 LoH by level 16 (instead of 7) and removed the recharge ability. So from level 1 until level 16 the character is ONLY going to have access to 2 LoH per rest and after level 16 until epic destinies is only going to have 4 per rest... and that assumes they MUST choose the destiny that adds to them.

So almost half the charges were removed and no longer recharges for the same AP cost.

What sucks is that huge gap in not getting more charges from level 1 until level 16 and for my part a total of 4 charges per rest just ISN"T ENOUGH. 5 maybe, 6 would be better, especially as I sometimes use them on my teammates to save the day. I could have accepted 1 at core 1, 1 at core 3 and 2 at core 5 but they weren't willing to listen to any feedback.
    Definitely not enough.
    2 throughout most of heroics is fairly useless (very much like the halfling dragonmark, IMO).
    Huge loss in healing to be sure but what are your alternatives?

Epics obviously have a ton but what can you do during heroics to mitigate that?
    Is there a cure spell option? A defensive boost option? That can carry you through?

I get the healing is gone, what I'm pushing back on is the idea that your character is "broken" now without it.

Believe me Ive been going through a self inflicted healing loss but Im managing thus far.

I recently made a warforged Dark monk. I truly have no self healing options outside of pots and wholeness of body.
    At level 10 now, Ive gone through 130 repair pots and Ive been leaning on Wholeness of body heavily.
    I wont have reliable healing until level 20 and Im positive levels 16 -20 are gonna be torture but I shifted 15 points from Shintao, into warforged to get 8 points of AC that helps save me HP. I wouldn't say hes useless just yet.

I don't have any Aasimar, so Im wondering what are your alternatives, how can you compensate and save the character "until the devs possibly correct this more in the other direction "?

Agree 100% though. Dropping from 7 to 2 and the 2 dont even regenerate is harsh. (See the halfling dragonmark for similar situation)

Community Member HelvanderSeries6's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Halciet View Post
    Yeah it was fun. It worked great in the Abbot for a while.
    Wits and swords are as straws against the wisdom of the Darkness___Conan the Cimmerian
    Gnomes taste like mushrooms...jus say'n
    Order of the Stick http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

Definitely not enough.
    2 throughout most of heroics is fairly useless (very much like the halfling dragonmark, IMO).
    Huge loss in healing to be sure but what are your alternatives?
    That's just it though. People chose Aasimar, even going so far as to PURCHASE it, to have a healing option on a non-healing class such as fighter. They chose it because it was BETTER e.g. more feasible than Halfling at this purpose. People are upset because the main reason they chose to create their characters in this fashion has been nerfed... and not just nerfed but made more than 50% less useful at this purpose (self and teammate healing). And furthermore unlike a class nerf where a lesser reincarnate or even feat swap could potentially fix the issue (irritating enough when it is forced on you by dev changes) a racial nerf means full-on reincarnate and start over with that character if its purpose no longer works for your playstyle.

Guess sales of Aasimar finally reached enough saturation.

Yes there are probably some ways to salvage the character enough to get to 20 or 30 for Scourge but the play style is going to be changed enough that it will lead to discouragement, frustration... and possibly bitterness on HC where people were depending on their characters playing out the way they had planned. Make no mistake, they knew before HC started what class and race nerfs were in the pipeline and the fact they did NOT apprise people before HC started and implemented these changes during the season is not only disrespectful to the playerbase but callous as well.

I've been playing for 13 years, its beyond frustrating that at least a couple times a year I have to salvage one or more characters from their changes. This update alone has me displeased with my cleric, 2 of 3 bards, my fvs, my druid a little, and one Aasimar. That's 6 of 14 characters, sorry of 15 characters because HC. And those people that only have one character they really play? When the nerfs hit them they either reincarnate to their new min-max mini-thor because they can relevel in less than a week or they take an extended break because it might take them a month to get their character back to where they ENJOY playing.

They want us to ENJOY playing right? Or are all these changes just efforts to encourage sales of hearts, boxes, xp pots?
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Community Member

Not saying you're wrong at all, but just to play Abishai's advocate...

In Heroic, you have healing hires that are viable (ish) up through 20. In Epic, you have other universal healing options like Renewal or Cocoon or EA aura. Also, there are Destinies and Filigrees that give +LoH charges, though I dont know which of those work with Healing Hands. If you need 4 oh-sith heals between shrines on top of that background healing...maybe you just need to zerg less, or at least zerg smarter. The few builds that dont have native self-healing should have better defense to make up for it...or better offense to end fights before they begin

Community Member

Default Took away Divine Vitality?

Torqued off that they revamped Divine Disciple and got rid of Divine Vitality.

It was nice to be a mobile shrine for spellcasters. It didn't break the game mechanics, and it's been available since 2006, FFS.

Bring it back please?

(sits down and grabs a bucket of popcorn)

please continue ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast