Default Stormsinger build?

I like playing a Spellsinger caster bard. Heals, CC and offensive damage all in one.

I am obviously studying Stormsinger hoping to make something even better - but I am having a hard timing figuring it out.

Spellsinger T5 has Mass Hold which is really like alot. Giving that up for Stormsinger T5 does not appeal to me.
    Spellsinger Core6 has Heal which I also really like. Giving that up for Stormsinger Core 6 does not appeal to me.

That already removes two of the best things from Stormsinger - Iceberg and 1d6+6 with 5 sec stun.

I suppose 41 ap in Spellsinger + 31 in Stormsinger for Core5 + T4 with 1d6+4 and 3 sec stun might be an option. That leaves very few points for other trees though - so run speed boost, Deflect Arrow and Greater Color Spray will mostly/fully be lost with such a build.

I know, I cant have it all but it seems I will be giving up some of the really good stuff for a modest increase in single target dps.

What are your plans?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

I need to see what "Also, we buffed Reverberate a bit!" means before I start making real plans. But taking Sonic Blast in whatever form it exists from Stormsinger and Cure Light Wounds as a SLA from Spellsinger is going to be really nice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I like playing a Spellsinger caster bard. Heals, CC and offensive damage all in one.

I am obviously studying Stormsinger hoping to make something even better - but I am having a hard timing figuring it out.

Spellsinger T5 has Mass Hold which is really like alot. Giving that up for Stormsinger T5 does not appeal to me.
    Spellsinger Core6 has Heal which I also really like. Giving that up for Stormsinger Core 6 does not appeal to me.

That already removes two of the best things from Stormsinger - Iceberg and 1d6+6 with 5 sec stun.

I suppose 41 ap in Spellsinger + 31 in Stormsinger for Core5 + T4 with 1d6+4 and 3 sec stun might be an option. That leaves very few points for other trees though - so run speed boost, Deflect Arrow and Greater Color Spray will mostly/fully be lost with such a build.

I know, I cant have it all but it seems I will be giving up some of the really good stuff for a modest increase in single target dps.

What are your plans?
    Isnt swash removed if you choose stormsinger? And I though AB movement was moved to Stormsinger tree. I personally think if you want a raid/party bard, WC T5 Chant of Power is the best enhancement buff in the game, hands down, and well-overlooked. So thats 33(34 w/ core 5) AP. Although you lose mass hold, SS Vigor and Prodigy, 6% damage buff is huge for raiding, much more than 60 sp/minute. So that leaves 25 in SS. So you have 22-23 points to put into Stormsinger for more party damage. A great bard can contribute more DPS in a party and especially in a raid than just what damage they provide. CC doesnt have to be one of them.

Community Member

I also love the versatility of the Bard and Stormsinger combines my bard versatility with a little more 'presence' in the form of Zeus's own lightning bolts flashing here and there and everywhere! I am 32 and I really, really like it. Offhand I agree with maining Spellsinger and supporting with Stormsinger. Mass Hold is just too valuable, at least to a player who solos a bit. Stormsinger giving the movement buff based on bard level is sweet, sweet music to my feet. I find that having the healing SLAs from Spellsinger and the damaging SLAs from Stormsinger is great, with Thunderstroke giving me a way to burst even if it is a bit costly SP-wise. My current layout is 41 Spellsinger, 31 Stormsinger and 9 Feydark Illusionist. I skipped on a point of CHA in Stormsinger to help grab CHA to hit and damage in Feydark which I find to be really utilitarian for a number of situations such as taking out a pillar in VoN 6 or smacking a mob to death when they have a ton of immunity or are otherwise annoying me. My epic destinies are currently 39 Fatesinger, 29 Exalted Angel and 4 in Shadowdancer for threat reduction and Nightshield effect. I have trouble not using the Exalted Angel aura because it is so useful although the CHA damage immunity and the no-ASF are looking quite tasty in the Fatesinger.

Default Sacrificial Bards

Well, with Sonic Blast getting thrown under the Mega-Nerf-Bus after 16 years, that spell's off the list now. They put very little
    planning into Stormsinger, so the only decent low-level AOE we had was flat-out murdered because of Lightning Strike.

That being said, people that haven't played a spellcaster since February 28, 2006 won't notice the change.
    Last edited by DRoark; 09-03-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by DRoark View Post
    Well, with Sonic Blast getting thrown under the Mega-Nerf-Bus after 16 years, that spell's off the list now. They put very little
    planning into Stormsinger, so the only decent low-level AOE we had was flat-out murdered because of Lightning Strike.

That being said, people that haven't played a spellcaster since February 28, 2006 won't notice the change.
    You know, I was worried as well but I have played it for an entire 1 - 32 and I barely notice it. It does hurt in lower heroics but not for too long. Very, Very Vocal buffs Shout, Greater Shout and Horn and those are the same abilities, along with Echoes of Discord, that heal my peeps. My rotation is full without Sonic Blast and I do not miss it much at all. I still use it to break all the things though. I almost never use Heighten Spell so the daze loses effectiveness as you get into epic levels in my experience. I will admit that the heroic rotation seems a little .... off, particularly. I could not seem to find a smooth rotation to use that replaced just spamming Sonic Blast (which as almost zero 'presence' and is boring). During epic levels and at end game, though, I love it.

Default Yup

Yeah, it does sting in Heroics, losing the only solid ranged AOE where it matters. Killing it to "adjust" the Archetype was yet another poor design plan.
    Even in epics, it's a useful tool in a Bards rotation, between the other SLAs recycling. The fact it can blow up crates, and not hit a 2-HP Kobold is silly. )

I hope they discounted the SP involve if its only a crate breaker now, like 1SP per use or even 0.

Default Pretty Much

Quote Originally Posted by NemesisAlien View Post
    I hope they discounted the SP involve if its only a crate breaker now, like 1SP per use or even 0.
    It's maybe worth 1-2 at best now, but we lost hope years ago of them doing anything logical. When they try to add things to the game
    that require them to nerf something else into the ground, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out it's a bad concept to begin with.

At this point I can't even say "They're Trying!". Archetypes really seem like someones whim that got slapped together over a cup of coffee.
    Last edited by DRoark; 09-04-2022 at 02:48 PM.

Default lightning strike bugged

Can anyone who has tried Stormsinger tell me what the bug is because I am getting procs at 2% as a melee, and I am not getting procs at all with my Cold and Sonic spells.

You did not notice that there was something wrong?

Community Member

What are your plans?
    I also just couldn't give up spellsinger mass hold/heal/song buffs, I would also argue that if you go 41 spellsinger, and want to boost DPS, that falconry 30% helpless damage is probably a better 2nd tree for most people as you are going to be using Mass hold/soundburst to get helpless damage.

I took stormsinger as a third tree (I do have racial/epic/heroic completionist) so have more points to play with.

Bard (Stormsinger) 20
    Str Base
    Dex Base
    Con Max
    Int Rest
    Wis Base
    Cha Max

Progression:
    1 thru 20-Bard

Feats (7):
    1) Maximize
    3) Quicken
    6) Empower
    9) Heighten
    12) Arcane Initiate
    15) SF Evocation
    18) GSF Evocation
    21) Epic SF Evocation
    22) Spellpower Sonic
    24) Inspire Excellence
    25) Spellpower Lightning
    27) Embolden
    28) Crush Weakness
    30) Wellspring of Power
    30) Scion of Feywild
    31) Spell Specialty Enchantment

Enhancements
    Spellsinger 41
    Falconry 23
    Racial 18
    Stormsinger 15

Epic Destiny
    Fatesinger 35
    Draconic 25
    Shadowdancer 13

Community Member

While I enjoy the stormsinger theme the limited spell pool will limit it's dps significantly throughout it's playing time (vs a normal spellsinger,) the cold sla's really don't do it justice.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post
    I also just couldn't give up spellsinger mass hold/heal/song buffs, I would also argue that if you go 41 spellsinger, and want to boost DPS, that falconry 30% helpless damage is probably a better 2nd tree for most people as you are going to be using Mass hold/soundburst to get helpless damage.

I took stormsinger as a third tree (I do have racial/epic/heroic completionist) so have more points to play with.

Bard (Stormsinger) 20
    Str Base
    Dex Base
    Con Max
    Int Rest
    Wis Base
    Cha Max

Progression:
    1 thru 20-Bard

Feats (7):
    1) Maximize
    3) Quicken
    6) Empower
    9) Heighten
    12) Arcane Initiate
    15) SF Evocation
    18) GSF Evocation
    21) Epic SF Evocation
    22) Spellpower Sonic
    24) Inspire Excellence
    25) Spellpower Lightning
    27) Embolden
    28) Crush Weakness
    30) Wellspring of Power
    30) Scion of Feywild

Enhancements
    Spellsinger 41
    Falconry 23
    Racial 18
    Stormsinger 15

Epic Destiny
    Fatesinger 35
    Draconic 25
    Shadowdancer 13
    I believe this is the best path for caster bard.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    I believe this is the best path for caster bard.
    Is it possible to have a screenshot of ED to see what to take exactly? Which mantle or which order first?

Quote Originally Posted by darkniteyogi View Post
    Can anyone who has tried Stormsinger tell me what the bug is because I am getting procs at 2% as a melee, and I am not getting procs at all with my Cold and Sonic spells.

You did not notice that there was something wrong?
    Are you remembering to inspire courage yourself? I'm playing a spell/stormsinger right now and I definitely forget a lot. I'm in a static group and try to sing for all of them before they go zerging off, and tend to forget. Without a self-song you definitely don't get the lightning strike on spells, not sure about the melee part because I don't do that much.

As far as split/build, I'm planning on t5 spellsinger and using storm for just spell selection and a bit in the tree, maybe t3. My friend just did a pure stormsinger life and it seemed strong but lost out on a ton of support. And since I mainly play in a static group, it's more helpful (for me) to have better CC and heals, and slightly less dps.
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Quote Originally Posted by EinarMal View Post

Bard (Stormsinger) 20
    Str Base
    Dex Base
    Con Max
    Int Rest
    Wis Base
    Cha Max

Progression:
    1 thru 20-Bard

Feats (7):
    1) Maximize
    3) Quicken
    6) Empower
    9) Heighten
    12) Arcane Initiate
    15) SF Evocation
    18) GSF Evocation
    21) Epic SF Evocation
    22) Spellpower Sonic
    24) Inspire Excellence
    25) Spellpower Lightning
    27) Embolden
    28) Crush Weakness
    30) Wellspring of Power
    30) Scion of Feywild

Enhancements
    Spellsinger 41
    Falconry 23
    Racial 18
    Stormsinger 15

Epic Destiny
    Fatesinger 35
    Draconic 25
    Shadowdancer 13
    Thanks for sharing. I will take a look at putting more points into Falconry rather than Stormsinger. I dont terribly find helpless damage that important though as helpless mobs tend to die pretty fast either way - and on many raids getting helpless damage isnt even an option.

I notice you do not take Master of Music which I do instead of Wellspring. What are your thoughs on that?
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Default (study harder)

Quote Originally Posted by jskinner937 View Post
    Isnt swash removed if you choose stormsinger?
    Yup.
    ...I am obviously studying Stormsinger hoping to make something even better - but I am having a hard timing figuring it out. ... so run speed boost, Deflect Arrow and Greater Color Spray will mostly/fully be lost with such a build.
    The Speed boost and DA are lost no matter what, Stormsinger doesn't have access to that tree. Not sure where you are getting GCS.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Stormsinger...e_Enhancements

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    Yup.

The Speed boost and DA are lost no matter what, Stormsinger doesn't have access to that tree. Not sure where you are getting GCS.

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Stormsinger...e_Enhancements
    Stormsinger has the speed boost inside it's tree, running it right now. He's putting points into FDI to get GCS, but honestly I found very few points to put there after I did Spell Singer T5 + Storm Singer C5 and something like 21 points inside Dragonborn. Thunder and Sonic all the way, is pretty awesome build to play.