Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Default 32bit client seems to work

After a lot of playing around with the launcher options I was able to start the game with the 32 bit client. Hopefully it is stabil and doesn't cause me to crash in an unfortunate situation on HC.
    Good luck and stay save!
    Global channel for raids: /joinchannel wayfinderraids

Community Manager

Updated: We have implemented a change which should correct the issue some users were experiencing with a launcher crash.
    Last edited by Cordovan; 08-31-2022 at 01:29 PM.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    For people having an issue launching the game, we could use a few of your launcher logs sent to me through private message, they can be found here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Dungeons and Dragons Online

Two other things to try:

- Try the other client (32-bit \ 64-bit)
    - Open up the userpreferences.ini from "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online", find DisplayAdapter line and change it to DisplayAdapter=1

Let me know how things go.
    I'm in the game, but there are a couple weird things going on.

I have two icons showing that I have a horse summoned. One goes away when I dismount, but the other stays. When I remount the second one comes back.

I have two icons showing superior learning bonus, but they have different timers. I seem to be getting the correct amount of XP for just having one XP potion going.

Edit: I quit out of the game and logged back in. Some new things downloaded and the issue was fixed.
    Last edited by Just_a_Dude; 08-31-2022 at 01:30 PM.

For people having an issue launching the game, we could use a few of your launcher logs sent to me through private message, they can be found here: C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Local\Dungeons and Dragons Online

Two other things to try:

- Try the other client (32-bit \ 64-bit)
    - Open up the userpreferences.ini from "C:\Users\<user>\Documents\Dungeons and Dragons Online", find DisplayAdapter line and change it to DisplayAdapter=1

Let me know how things go.
    It is a virus checker issue most likely. A friend had his virus protection (F-Secure) block the game after the patch - solved it by allowing DDO to pass.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

11:22 AM here and its 102 already outside.... I would rather sit here in the AC and play the game I love. If it would only run when it is supposed to.......

Community Manager

We have corrected an issue in our environment that we believe should resolve the issue some users were experiencing where they were unable to launch the game. Please let us know if you are still having an issue.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Altitus Maximus

It appears that the Martial epic past lives no longer function. Nearly everyone in my guild has last 60 ac since the last patch.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvado View Post
    Guild bonus icons are a mess. I have two of the compressed icons with the correct and two addition individual bonus icons that have an incorrect time. The additional individual icons change each time I renew the bonus with a different time each time I renew.
    Same. Timer for XP potion is static on the buff bar but counts down as normal when I do inspect (Z) on self. Ditto for Slayer bonus, treasure hunters potion and possibly other potions with long durations.

Spells cast in quests seem to count down normally on the buff bar.

Community Member thegreatcthulhu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cadic View Post
    It appears that the Martial epic past lives no longer function. Nearly everyone in my guild has last 60 ac since the last patch.
    Same here. My AC is incorrect on live.

Edit: Or maybe it isn't? The display for AC is definitely off.

Edit 2: Disregard. It looks like it corrected itself when I re-logged, but I'm not going to say that is a surefire fix for everyone. YMMV
    Last edited by thegreatcthulhu; 08-31-2022 at 03:12 PM.

Please let us know if you are still having an issue.
    This issue I seemed to be having was that my launcher was set to use the "Unsupported" 32-bit legacy client and when that ran it reported that I was not using the latest version of the game client. The compilation date for that legacy client was August 2nd of this year while the other clients seemed to be August 26th. Setting the client to either the 32-bit (non-legacy) or 64-bit client fixed my issue.

Angry

Ok, what did you gomers in charge break this time??? I try to log into a game server and the connection drops. Add 1 deduct 2 seems a constant situation... Everything worked before your update, now... the usual bs.
    and no, your change didn't work...

michael
    Last edited by Katanauser; 08-31-2022 at 02:08 PM.
    2 wrongs don't make a right
    3 rights make a left

I am now getting a dxgi.dll missing message for some reason. :-/

Updated: We have implemented a change which should correct the issue some users were experiencing with a launcher crash.
    I think it was strangely attempting to install: C++ 2015-2019 14.2628... from what it said. The DDO Client is no longer happy and just crashes. It worked slightly better before SSG made those other file changes - that was supposed to stop those crashes - today.

Community Member Thumbed_Servant's Avatar

Default Divine Disciple The Light and Dark

On another note:

Logged into my Divine Disciple (lvl 9 cleric/lvl 1 arti) and reworked her DD enhancements. The Light and Dark (Whenever you cast a Light, Alignment or Negative spell, you gain +3 to your Negative, Light, and Alignment Spell Power for 6 seconds. This stacks up to 3/6/10 times.) seemed only to allow a one time selection for stacking up to 3 times. I could not select again and the UI icon on the tree stated 1/1.
    Thumbed_Servant (to my cats ) I LOVE playing a healer (nannybot to the derisive folks)
    Leader: Order of Sunlit Rose on Argonnessen server
    Current active toons: Muhther....going through the Passed Lives grind at my own pace...currently lvl 28

I really wanted to be able to enjoy this update.

Too many things have gone wrong, items lost, AC lost to due some sort of epic past life bug, some people can not log in.

I know these things will get fixed but **** it destroys the excitement for the good stuff.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    BoloGrubb / DJGrubb / Gijo
    Proud member of the HighLords of Malkier

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    I really wanted to be able to enjoy this update.

Too many things have gone wrong, items lost, AC lost to due some sort of epic past life bug, some people can not log in.

I know these things will get fixed but **** it destroys the excitement for the good stuff.
    Just curious what, other than Completionist, auto-grant was what you wanted to like? Maybe only stormsinger archetype is even a good option. The other 2 archetypes are more terrible than the standard paths.

Everyone knew not enough time was put into banking and they aren’t solving the issue of more space and getting rid of TR cache. Hopefully this is just phase 1 and they actually improve upon what they started, but I haven’t heard that is the plan.

ToEE changes may be nice, but I wouldn’t call it an improvement. I liked the old ToEE quests. Although farming ings was a pain, but that’s not even a thing anymore. The new items have no end game value. Even the heroic ones are not worth farming for. Level 5 stuff is still better. Overall another fail.

And all this happens in the middle of a hardcore season? I personally was wishing for it to not happen.

Community Member

Please let us know if you are still having an issue.
    Mac user here who previous to U56 had a working setup using the Windows client via CrossOver. Post-update the launcher hard crashes without error following server selection. Attempting a re-install.

Update: re-install plus manually copying some settings from my own backup of preferences file seems to be working
    Last edited by GelatinousCubist; 08-31-2022 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jfgddo View Post
    How about an update on if/ when the servers might come back online? It is now past 1 PM EST. Still getting servers are down message!
    Funny, when I posted this I tried relogging back on and... It was working! Sorry to hear about other peeps having issues logging in. I just was going to check out the bank changes...ehhh. also hearing about moving the item around kinda sucks now and things are going missing so beware!!

I don't like what I'm going to say after reading the new changes. With the new changes that have been made today, I am thinking seriously about stopping playing and stop paying VIP forever.

is everyone done panicking yet?
    I was hoping to get some game play in.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Even though I am generally ok with this update, there are a few head scratchers.
    Minor things I guess, but still...

The Cleric Archetype can add EVIL damage to weapons ...

why?

It is the absolutely weakest damage type out there.
    You can pretty much count the number of 'good' monsters
    that would be specifically vulnerable to it on 1 hand.

at least 1/3 of the monsters out there are evil and will totally ignore the damage add.

You would be better off with a garden variety flame add.

Literally, one of the weakest buffs in the game.

but whatever.
    Utterdark blast would like a word with you.

The only types of capital to spend around here are game knowledge and etiquette. You sneer at the concept of the latter. Well and good. I’m not always as nice as I should be; we’re all human.

But when you out yourself in this way, you reveal you are bereft even of the game knowledge that should accompany such a long history as you claim to have here. There is no reason to listen to you.
    I am the natural one.
    "When life gives you excrement, make Excrement Golems."
    Disclaimer: My greenies come from comedy. I should not be confused with those who are knowledgeable and helpful.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast