Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Even though I am generally ok with this update, there are a few head scratchers.
    Minor things I guess, but still...

The Cleric Archetype can add EVIL damage to weapons ...

why?

It is the absolutely weakest damage type out there.
    You can pretty much count the number of 'good' monsters
    that would be specifically vulnerable to it on 1 hand.

at least 1/3 of the monsters out there are evil and will totally ignore the damage add.

You would be better off with a garden variety flame add.

Literally, one of the weakest buffs in the game.

but whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Even though I am generally ok with this update, there are a few head scratchers.
    Minor things I guess, but still...

The Cleric Archetype can add EVIL damage to weapons ...

why?

It is the absolutely weakest damage type out there.
    You can pretty much count the number of 'good' monsters
    that would be specifically vulnerable to it on 1 hand.

at least 1/3 of the monsters out there are evil and will totally ignore the damage add.

You would be better off with a garden variety flame add.

Literally, one of the weakest buffs in the game.

but whatever.
    Unless something changed evil damage hits everything. If memory serves me right it is one of the least resisted damage types in the game.

Community Member

Default What it looks like from one casual player point of view...

Better banking: need to actually see it yet, but YES!

Sonic blast nerf: Aw shucks. Need to rethink bard life.

More heroic PL feats: Just stop, there are already a gazillion PLs.
    (However, three lives out from heroic completionist, VERY glad they are not required).

Everything else, not too relevant to me just now.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by HailBlazR View Post
    the thing which has been in the game since its inception.
    That thing has been wrong since its inception.

+1 for the completionist feat.

Other than that, Thank you for totally ignoring your consumers AGAIN.

In the future, please DO NOT ask for feedback if you are not going to listen to it.
    Might as well just not open Lamannia EVER.

oh, Thanks for allowing me to retire ANOTHER character, SSG. That makes 2 1/2 active and 8 1/2 mules, for me.

I guess you really don't want people to play your game.

Quote Originally Posted by OfElectricMen View Post
    I know right...

It's not even a Bard spell.

Let's take more AWAY from Bards.

Community Member

is there still 30 mins to go or are they 30 minutes late for world to be reopened?

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by silinteresting View Post
    is there still 30 mins to go or are they 30 minutes late for world to be reopened?

your friend sil
    Looks like another 30 min to go.

J1NG
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

This update is insane to me. Yet another example of the devs being completely out of touch with the game. And to be clear, almost none of the nerfs effect me personally and the ones that do (holy smite) are not the worst offenders (it effects 1 spell in my 32 cleric's rotation, and not the best one).

The problem is there were substantially better ways to do basically everything that is being done and the devs either didn't feel the need (despite claiming they want our feedback) or didn't have the ability to logically explain why they wanted to do it this way.

Fundamentally it feels like they lack any real comprehension of what the player perspective is and are so distrust.ful (I had to add a '.' to this word because it was censoring it? LOL) of our feedback that short of overwhelming push back (and sometimes not even then) they ignore it.

But the most incredible thing to me is the bank changes being made without laying out a clear vision for how the space will (or more likely won't) be increased to a usable amount in the future. All of the above goes a long way to explain why we don't trust them to get it right as shown by the feedback of a substantial group of people who voiced real concerns about it in the bank change thread and were completely ignored about those concerns.

Their perspective was "Well we're only looking for feedback on these changes, so we can ignore the people expressing concerns about where these changes are leading." In short it's a clown show. They aren't serious about feedback in any way other than a token effort. If they were, they would include us in the long term planning for bank storage and not just show us snippets of their road map at a time and ignore any/all feedback not directly on that snippet.

This is how you treat a 5 year old. You let them decide superficial options that don't impact your real plans, but if they have any complaint about thing you don't care about, and it's not inconvenient to you, then you might placate them so you can point to it later as an example of your benevolence.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by J1NG View Post
    Looks like another 30 min to go.

J1NG
    cheers mate

your friend sil

Quote Originally Posted by Frezar14 View Post
    Also, putting sonic blast under bugfixes is a complete joke. If you want to go that route how about fixing other more important and recent real bugs.
    But it is true. It does point out the problem with many players favorite meme "if the bug helps the players they would have fixed it immediately". When they don't fix it immediately (and despite the narrative they often leave player benefiting bugs a long time), then people complain that it is a nerf when they do change it. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The playerbase should come up with a timescale that the devs can use to target player benefiting bugs so that it is neither too fast (they hate us) nor too slow (they nerf us because they hate us). I am certain there is a 10 minute window about 1.56 months after a release that would be acceptable to a slim majority.

Community Member

It's not the reason it was "fixed" though. They should just come out and say it had to do with the new archetype instead of just listing in a line item as a bugfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqrlmonger View Post
    distrust.ful (I had to add a '.' to this word because it was censoring it? LOL)
    It is because the word "distrust.ful" has the letter sequence for st.fu and for some reason the censor is very grabby lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Frezar14 View Post
    It's not the reason it was "fixed" though. They should just come out and say it had to do with the new archetype instead of just listing in a line item as a bugfix.
    correct.

All sonic spells should effect all in earshot, period.

If a bard is singing an inspiring song, and I hear it, shouldn't I be inspired too.
    Same for a spell, if a mob is standing next to the target, he should be effected.

I know it's a fantasy game and the appropriate Science Laws do not apply, but seriously...

In short, they should all (with the exception of Reverberate, which works from within) be AOE.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    But it is true. It does point out the problem with many players favorite meme "if the bug helps the players they would have fixed it immediately". When they don't fix it immediately (and despite the narrative they often leave player benefiting bugs a long time), then people complain that it is a nerf when they do change it. Damned if they do, damned if they don't. The playerbase should come up with a timescale that the devs can use to target player benefiting bugs so that it is neither too fast (they hate us) nor too slow (they nerf us because they hate us). I am certain there is a 10 minute window about 1.56 months after a release that would be acceptable to a slim majority.
    When it breaks builds and gets slipped in at basically the last second before an update goes live, I'd consider it poor form. I am working on leveling 3 bards right now - my main is on a bard life, at level 12, I just TR'd to an iconic tiefling to make a bard for raid support (lvl 17), and my HC bard who died (lvl 14?) that I want to take to cap. A 1-2 week notice doesn't give me the time I need to get these to 20 so I can assess the damage and TR right away. I have a demanding job and a family, and my free time is very limited - scrambling to avoid a nerf isn't really possible for me.

So now I'm left:
    a) limping to 20 and TR'ing (unfun having your build deflated midway through a life),
    b) buying a heart to turn my toons into stormsinger ($$ maybe the free heart given at start of life can be used? I hope...),
    c) quitting/taking a break [this seems likely for me, at least for a few weeks. I've already cancelled my VIP resub due to this],
    d) otto box ($$$)

Ah, no?

This game is based on the 3.5 ruleset, it is not an exact carbon copy.

This is not the hill to die by being the devils advocate

Quote Originally Posted by HailBlazR View Post
    6. Sonic blast being nuked from orbit; a 16-year-old spell being massively changed, just to accommodate the latest new shiny thing (Stormsinger). The sensible approach would be, as many others have pointed out, to nerf the NEW THING instead of the thing which has been in the game since its inception.
    While it certainly has been here a long time I would like to point out that Sonic Blast was added in 2010's Update 5: Rise of the Guilds -> https://ddowiki.com/page/Update_5_Release_Notes" and it was never working as described. It was also changed recently (early last year) along with many other spells (divine and druid spells mostly) to do significantly more damage.
    I am glad they are keeping it as a box breaker as they seem to have ruined every other spell for that.

Edit: Personally I preferred it the way it was before the massive buff last year. It was not a DPS spell and never needed to be. The AoE was fine (even though it did not fit the description).
    Last edited by Halciet; 08-31-2022 at 12:12 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The DDO game worlds will be unavailable on Wednesday, August 31st from 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) to release Update 56: Archetypes and Archvillains. The release notes can be found on DDO.com.
    New time for game worlds being up?

Edit: It's patching now. That's a good sign.
    Last edited by Just_a_Dude; 08-31-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by marinersfan View Post
    When it breaks builds and gets slipped in at basically the last second before an update goes live, I'd consider it poor form. I am working on leveling 3 bards right now - my main is on a bard life, at level 12, I just TR'd to an iconic tiefling to make a bard for raid support (lvl 17), and my HC bard who died (lvl 14?) that I want to take to cap. A 1-2 week notice doesn't give me the time I need to get these to 20 so I can assess the damage and TR right away. I have a demanding job and a family, and my free time is very limited - scrambling to avoid a nerf isn't really possible for me.

So now I'm left:
    a) limping to 20 and TR'ing (unfun having your build deflated midway through a life),
    b) buying a heart to turn my toons into stormsinger ($$ maybe the free heart given at start of life can be used? I hope...),
    c) quitting/taking a break [this seems likely for me, at least for a few weeks. I've already cancelled my VIP resub due to this],
    d) otto box ($$$)
    On a positive note Mariners are in the thick of it and hopefully will be playing in october

Community Member

So are the worlds back up yet? Bc you know, every single business that opens at x time which are their posted hours - you can bet there are people ready to go and are going to be upset that you’re 15-20-30 minutes late. That pretty doesn’t fly at all anywhere - someone is losing their job. So WT F - SSG can you not just handle basic standards of business now? I mean we all know the answer but come on - get it together this happens everytime.

EDIT: Jesus, thank you.
    Last edited by Havocthedemon; 08-31-2022 at 12:14 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast