Community Member

Default HC FvS Inquisitor w/trapping

Ok, per somebody's suggestion I'm building a HC FvS Inquisitor w/trapping.

Drow - Neutral - Str 8, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 16

L1 - Artificer - Pointblank Shot, (Rapid Reload, GXbow, Hvy/Lt Repeater)
    L2 - FvS - Follower of the Sovereign Host
    L3 - FvS - Rapid Shot, Grace of Battle
    L4 - FvS - Child of the Sovereign Host, CHA
    L5 - FvS
    L6 - FvS - Precise Shot, Energy Absorb: Cold
    L7 - FvS - Unyielding Sovereignty
    L8 - Artificer - Rune Arm Use, CHA
    L9 - FvS - Precision

The plan is to use Inquisitor and Feydark Illusionist primarily and CHA to hit and damage and of course spells. All attribute level ups into CHA.

The conditions are:

1. All the skill points will be going into raising Search and Disable Device and Heal. This feels like a very cramped build from that perspective.
    2. Defense and health are likely to be suboptimal. This is a DPS build with definite weaknesses if stuff does not die fast.
    3. The build has the feel of being good in heroics and less good in epics due to how some of the DPS scales.

Anybody have suggestions how I can improve the first 9 levels to make it stronger?

Quote Originally Posted by KoobTheProud View Post
    The plan is to use Inquisitor and Feydark Illusionist primarily and CHA to hit and damage and of course spells. All attribute level ups into CHA.

The conditions are:

1. All the skill points will be going into raising Search and Disable Device and Heal. This feels like a very cramped build from that perspective.
    2. Defense and health are likely to be suboptimal. This is a DPS build with definite weaknesses if stuff does not die fast.
    3. The build has the feel of being good in heroics and less good in epics due to how some of the DPS scales.

Anybody have suggestions how I can improve the first 9 levels to make it stronger?
    I'd go WIS instead of CHA so you'll have better spot (as FvS can do either wis or cha); spotting traps = not walking into them when you don't have them 100% memorized for location. T4 of Inquisitive will let you treat the xbow as a favored weapon so you can get your stat to hit/dam that way without having to use another universal tree for that.

Without a decent INT or any enhancemets to boost skills, I would honestly look at skill focus - disable device.
    Server Sarlona / MST / Guild Enslaved / Characters Ionos, Cydekik, Xalavan, Rodessa, Hethrow, Ramsteen

After spending a minute thinking about it, I'd put all the level up stats into Int to give more skill points later (it won't effect damage much, but will help with those limited skill points). And I'd do search, disable, spot; the few points you'd be putting into heal won't make or break anything so better to move them into spot instead.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    I'd go WIS instead of CHA so you'll have better spot (as FvS can do either wis or cha); spotting traps = not walking into them when you don't have them 100% memorized for location. T4 of Inquisitive will let you treat the xbow as a favored weapon so you can get your stat to hit/dam that way without having to use another universal tree for that.
    This is an interesting idea. I do have probably 99% of the traps in the game memorized for location but going Wis would also help with Will saves and I really don't want to spend a feat on Force of Personality.

It would also let me pump Heal and Concentration a bit.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    After spending a minute thinking about it, I'd put all the level up stats into Int to give more skill points later (it won't effect damage much, but will help with those limited skill points). And I'd do search, disable, spot; the few points you'd be putting into heal won't make or break anything so better to move them into spot instead.
    My thought on Spot vs Heal is that 11 points in Spot at 20 wouldn't mean much but 23 points in Heal would be a big deal.

The plan is to Feydark Illusionist primarily and CHA to hit and damage and of course spells. All attribute level ups into CHA.
    why do this when FVS level 2 give you grace of battle that gives Cha to hit and dmg? thats just wasted AP IMHO, unless there is another reason for doing this

also this seems like me necroing the post but was looking for FVS and CLR builds because those are my last 2 heroic lives needed
    Server Thelanis paddfoot cutpurse 13rog(old toon that was played when cap was 14)

after hiatus Server Khyber Hakkn slash 1ftr/16rngr/1rog PL ftr 1/ barb1
    dapadd padd 6pal/1rog/3mnk quicktounge 8bard(haggle/bank)