Default Build Request: Human 28 pt Arti Pure and or Human 28 pt Warlock build

Hey there,

Haven't played in years. Like the level cap wasn't even 20 yet so it would definitely be a 1st lifer. I was thinking Human since its my 1st life and the extra Feat will probably come in handy and some of the enhancements look like they might also be useful for a cash poor and gear poor 1st time around. Also I don't have everything unlocked yet so thought I would try these 2 as they look fun.

If my thinking is very wrong please let me know.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Tiefling Fiend Warlock - the main thing Tiefling has going for it is Improved Scorch: "Enemies affected by your Scorch spell increase Fire damage that they take by 5%. When cast on a creature that is immune to Fire, it makes them vulnerable to that element for a short period of time." Warlocks don't get a fire-immunity-stripping ability like sorcerer's Awaken Elemental Weakness ability, so this is pretty handy.

Artificer: here's an old-school repeater Arty updated for Update 51 (the Epic Destiny revamp); and here's a caster Artificer.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Thank you.

I figured the human extra feat was still a decent choice but obviously, I was wrong.

I'll give both a try and see how it goes.

Once again thank you.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Remus View Post
    I figured the human extra feat was still a decent choice but obviously, I was wrong.
    It's nice but pure casters don't need that many feats: the primary metamagic feats plus maybe a couple of Spell Focus / Penetration feats. And while it's expensive, Improved Scorch adds an useful perk to a fire warlock they otherwise couldn't get. [Dragonborn warlock is another option if you'd like to add breath attacks to your combat rotation plus other caster bonuses.] Likewise pure Artificers already get 5 bonus feats (6 if you count free Rapid Reload) so they're not usually hurting for feats. The other human perks like racial Damage Boost, heal amp, etc. might be more valuable, though, so it all depends on your build.

EDIT: also while you were gone they boosted the roster of F2P races to include drow, Dragonborn, Tiefling, gnome, wood elf, half-elf, and half-orc, with Warforged as the new 400 Favor unlock replacing drow. Likewise druid, monk, and warlock are now F2P classes. So newbies have a lot more build options than they used to.
    Last edited by unbongwah; 08-25-2022 at 11:57 AM.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    It's nice but pure casters don't need that many feats: the primary metamagic feats plus maybe a couple of Spell Focus / Penetration feats. And while it's expensive, Improved Scorch adds an useful perk to a fire warlock they otherwise couldn't get. [Dragonborn warlock is another option if you'd like to add breath attacks to your combat rotation plus other caster bonuses.] Likewise pure Artificers already get 5 bonus feats (6 if you count free Rapid Reload) so they're not usually hurting for feats. The other human perks like racial Damage Boost, heal amp, etc. might be more valuable, though, so it all depends on your build.

EDIT: also while you were gone they boosted the roster of F2P races to include drow, Dragonborn, Tiefling, gnome, wood elf, half-elf, and half-orc, with Warforged as the new 400 Favor unlock replacing drow. Likewise druid, monk, and warlock are now F2P classes. So newbies have a lot more build options than they used to.
    Thanks.

That's also good to know.