First I have to say that most of the time and this is one of those, the main cause of death is the player's own stupidity.

Yesterday there was a guy asking to open Black and Blue. I joined him for the quest (2 LVL 12 players, I brought a hireling cleric being myself a ranger inquisitive).

Everything started well, we killed two Hounds that came after him with no problem. Some small things happened that made more sense in retrospect, but the key moment came later. In the second part that you have to go over electric water, he was some jumps ahead, me behind as a ranged character. As you might have imagined the third hound came after me.

In a stupid reaction, I started to run to him. First mistake. The hireling that I was carefully moving through and that would have helped, died immediately.

Then I decided that I would just try to kill the dog while tumbling with my inquisitive. It took some hits and long seconds but I died. The other player stood still, watching all the time. He did not help in the fight. No combat, no ranged heal. He didn't even move. He was just watching me die.

A video would have spoken more. I am sad that I did not record that death so that other people could judge if they wanted, but not having it I will refrain from posting this PC's name.

My previous experiences with the community all these years have been so good that I simply was never expecting such a thing in Hardcore.

I have lost other characters of similar levels before, but it has never felt so bad. I have realized that it's the disappointment that really bothers me. So I just thought that a warning might help other players as unaware as me, to be more careful.

This is a great community, that's what I thought before, and that is what I think now, but unfortunately, as in any large community, there are some exceptions that may ruin your day.

Be careful, and see you inside.