Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Archetype ideas!

I am very excited for Archetypes and would like to share some things I would like to see.

Paladin - Blackguard. Dark Paladin with Harm spells and undead summons. (With Vanguard and, if left to Wizard - Pale Master, otherwise, the Fighter's Stalwart Defender Tree in place of Sacred Defender.)

Barbarian - Battle Rager. Shield Barbarian with retribution damage. (With Ravager and Vanguard)

Fighter - Swashbuckler. Evasion/Intelligence tree (With Kensai (with only a selector for Swashbuckler Weapons) and the Bard tree that replaces Swashbuckler.

Bard Swashbuckler replaced with a Performance-based physical damage tree about self-buffs themed to thrill-seeking, and dramatic combat maneuvers.

Arcane Archer made into an Archetype and replaced with a physical damage ranged tree. Arcane Archer tree, Ranger ranged damage tree and Kensai (Longbow/Shortbow selectors only.)

Wizard Pale Master and Eldritch Knight trees replaced with something like a school-based version of what Sorcerer has for Elements. Every tree buffs spell power plenty for damage spell progression, but otherwise, it's a tree for each of Conjuration, Transmutation, Divination and Enchantment.
    Conjuration tree focused on summoning and obstruction.
    Divination is focused on Utility.
    Enchantment is focused on... Enchantment? ENCHANTMENT!
    Transmutation is based on transmutation... Buffs, really.

I think this would open up Wizards to help with creation of Archetypes and also flavor within those Archetypes while keeping Wizards thematic to what a Wizard is.

Eldritch Knight made into an Archetype for Wizard. Eldritch Knight Tree, New Transmutation Tree, and Stalwart Defender.

Pale Master made into an Archetype for Wizard. With Pale Master (being the Necromancy variant of the other school-themed trees focused on necromancy and defense,) The full selection of other School-themed trees and... I don't know... Vile Chemist?

Rogue - Spell Thief. The Wizard's "missing" Abjuration tree focused on thwarting enemies and debuffs. With the Acrobat tree and the Bard's Performance-based tree.

Rogue Mechanic changed into a Batman tree.

Thief Acrobat changed to just Acrobat (It doesn't have anything that helps with theft) and given multi-selectors for Stick or TWF w/ Kama/Kukri where currently there is only Stick bonuses.
    Last edited by Grimreich; 08-13-2022 at 08:17 PM.

Community Member

I left this in the sacred fist tree forum but apparently no one saw it so here it is again for you.

Quote Originally Posted by GramercyRiff View Post
    oof subclasses are a fantastic addition but my beloved Paladin gets the Sacred Fist treatment. we probably won't see another Paladin subclass for awhile too.

the design of this game comes up with every idea i'd never want in a game.
    *Cough* *Cough*

I'm not saying anything so just ignore this entire post. *Cough*

Archetypes are not just 1 different enhancement tree, though. They can have different class feats (for example, a Warlock Archetype that has new pact choices, or limits your pact choices to something thematically appropriate), different spellbooks (for example, a Bard that focuses more on illusion spells at the expense of its sonic options), replace more than one tree or all of them (for example, a Druid that is a pure caster and forgoes its Wild Shape forms), and even different alignment restrictions (for example, a Paladin that would very much like you to NOT be lawful good).

We're trying to cover a variety of playstyles in the first batch, and will continue to spread outwards as the feature develops and players get used to the idea. Its worth noting that our goal here is NOT to make sure each class has a Archetype to start - we will be instead aiming for Archetypees that we think will be fun to build and to play with. Its possible - likely, even - that a class will end up with 2 or even 3 Archetypes before a different class gets its first.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msG8yl9QN1Y

*Cough* Sorry that was a big coughing fit. I think I'm ok now though.
    Server: Thelanis - Characters Main: Rusttttt, Sepiaaaaa, Amethysttttt - Other Alts: Flameeeee, Siennaaaaa, Rougeeeee, Roseeeee, Wineeeee, Marigolddddd, Zaffreeeee, Wisteriaaaaa, Scarlettttt, Rufousssss, Lilaccccc, Puceeeee, Azureeeee, Orchiddddd, Sinopiaaaaa, Amaranthhhhh, Violettttt, Umberrrrr, Tawnyyyyy, And More! Literally too many for the Signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Grimreich View Post
    Fighter - Swashbuckler. Evasion/Intelligence tree (With Kensai (with only a selector for Swashbuckler Weapons) and the Bard tree that replaces Swashbuckler.
    Duelist.
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Default Wizard!

Hopefully, they add something for wizard next. I agree and like the necromancer, conjurer, enchanter, illusionist, abjurer, transmuter, and diviner (likely wont work). They can also add Wild Mage. Wizard should only be archetypes. Keep palemaster but add necromancer as another tree. If a necromancer then you lose spells from opposition school. In addition to the enhancement tree you gain another spell slot for that spell school, but lose spells from the opposition. Opposition spells could take up two slots, etc.

Rogue Trickster. Some level of rogue should have the smoke bomb that the alchemist has.

Figher Samurai.

Community Member

Would like to see Hexblade warlock tbh
    regular pact choices
    Keeps tainted Scholar tree but the other two are replaced
    Enlightened Spirit replaced with a genuine tank tree that still offers aura stuff but is thematically less good/light aligned
    Soul Eater replaced with Hexblade and Hexblade offers pact of the blade, a secondary pact option that applies spellpower scaling slashing damage on weapon hits only and not on blasts, has a blast shape to trigger blast damage on crits maybe.

Community Member

Arcane trickster
    Beast master
    Bladesinger
    Dragon disciple
    Drunken master
    Duelist
    Hellfire warlock
    Mystic theurge
    Red Wizards (if we get a Thay expansion)
    Wild soul

Community Member

Default The Bannerlord

A couple of my friends and I are pretty excited for the archetypes as well and were spitballing which would be cool to see for other classes!

Some of the ones that we were most happy with were the Bannerlord and the Guardian. The names aren’t really too important but we tried to consider the existing classes’ roles and give them new ones for diverse playstyles.

The Bannerlord:
    A fighter that sacrifices the Kensei tree for a buffer/semi-healer tree. You place banners on the ground that last for a duration and provide buffs to your party through AoE. Buffs to health, a healing banner that scales off melee power and pulses heals, one that provides mrr/prr as long as the party remains in the AoE. It’s T5 could be a banner attached to the Bannerlord player and provides a damage buff for the entire party, +~8% inc. damage to enemy targets in the aura. An ability to grant your party a buff to movement speed would also be interesting to see.

The Guardian:
    A favored soul that is designed toward tanking. Specifically, it takes some inspiration from the Guardian class from Lord of the Rings Online: the ability to intercept a % of incoming damage on a party member. Progressing through the cores increases the amount intercepted, to at least 30%. A charge ability would also be interesting to see, one that allows you to charge forward and intimidate enemies within range.

It’s pretty fun to think about and it’s exciting to imagine what they will come up with next!

Monk archtype: Jester, starts with stats 6 8 6 6 6 6, you only get 1 point, skills only tumble auto grant, no feats, no enhancement trees. Universal trees lock out.

Spells hypnotize, faire fire, confusion. All auto granted. Gets glitterdust at lev cap.

Level up 1 ap, no feats no stats, no skills except for auto grant tumble.

Locked out of casual, normal, hard, elite and reaper 1 to 9.
    Last edited by NemesisAlien; 09-09-2022 at 04:17 AM.

Community Member

Something included in this list

http://nwn2customcontent.wikidot.com/prc

Some of those should look familiar cause most all enhancement tree's are 3.5e PRC's.