Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Nice build, congrats on your progress so far!
    Thanks. It’s super fun to play Slarden.

Community Member

Level 17 (and still a few 15s left to complete), I am over 5k favor and with a few reaper points. Duo’ed Dreaming Dark with a FVS at this level. Did quite a few quest at and under level on elite as a matter of fact and even solo’ed cr22 hound at level 17 without kiting at all.

This builds HPs are decent and FVS, Barb and Animal Domain Clerics will have more HPs. But blood Tribute still works great even into late heroics on this build. The only thing I will suggest is that make sure when you activate endless fusilade, make sure your blood tribute is up. There is a few second delay when you can’t do anything, and blood tribute is so instant, even on a repeater build.

As far as DPS, with 5pc RL set and 3pc Sharn Set, the DPS is still solid on this build. I haven’t switched to inquisitor yet, but now that I have my wings, I just may now to compare repeater and non-repeater impact on DPS. Plus I really want the auto-search for trapping from inquisitor. It just seems like a good level to change.

Also now that I have deadly, I think I am going to take 1-2 levels more of barb. I still want the last level 6 spell slot for Tac Detonate although.

This is by far the easiest path to 5k favor on any build I have previously played. And solo-friendly. If you are struggling to 5k, I invite you to try.

Community Member

Hit 5533 Favor and 44 on favor leaderboards today. Still have some heroics to do, but I skipped all challenges so far. Not sure I want to waste time or not.

Founder

In-between working on r4s I'm going to mess around with this build.

A few questions and i might have more as i level up.

What is the emphasis on electric damage and evocation? Especially a favorite rotation of casting if you don't mind.

Healing...what are you using i top off. I don't see the feat that makes repair better for yourself.

I usually do the old 2 rog rest arty war forged for self-heals.

Going to run it as is to see what I'm missing.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Justicesar View Post
    In-between working on r4s I'm going to mess around with this build.

A few questions and i might have more as i level up.

What is the emphasis on electric damage and evocation? Especially a favorite rotation of casting if you don't mind.

Healing...what are you using i top off. I don't see the feat that makes repair better for yourself.

I usually do the old 2 rog rest arty war forged for self-heals.

Going to run it as is to see what I'm missing.
    With this build you really must make some choices...

1.) Evocation as a secondary choice - Hence the feats I took. I dont really use elec spells like an arcanotech would, but you could. I really like tactical detonate and rune arm when aoes are needed however. With this choice, I abandon construct essence/repair. Cure critical pot throws and primarily blood tribute is your source of healing.

2.) You could go construct essence and drop the metas. If you go this route, I recomend further class split as your DCs on spells are gonna hurt anyways. Arty 16 would be needed to carry deadly and reconstruct however. So you could go 16A/4Barb or 16A/2Barb/2Sacred Fist Pally. The second option is super attractive as you can forgo evasion in tabaxi and have killer saves from SF. I actually think this is the best option since sacred fist came out to be honest. Then you can invest mroe in Renegade Mastermaker also for the reconstruct SLA. With that, I would also consider different EDs as well. Likely more in Divine Crusader for sunder/cower vs exalted angel, this would help your thunder-shock knowdown as well.

There are other options with this build also that I mentioned in the OP. But I think the 2 above are the best.
    Last edited by jskinner937; 09-21-2022 at 11:22 PM.

Community Member

Oh and I forgot to mention, at cap, blood tribute provides +450HPs per click. Thats a pretty big HP buffer even in mid reapers. Again use Blood Tribute as your heal and keep up all the time. Keep an eye on the timer as well when going into a big fight. Play with this tactic.

Also in epics, I switched to inquisitor, but I am thinking I should have stayed repeaters with expanded clip. There is just no good heavy/light xbows when levelling, and they hardly ever drop in end rewards, even with class rewards disabled. And since I dont craft on Hardcore, I am stuck using heroic xbows. ToEE xbow or Thunderforged tier 2 would be an option to consider if you want to farm rares I suppose.

Lastly, I might consider tier 5 Divine Crusader and just dump rest of points into shirardi, while picking up emodiment of law epic feat. Nerve Venom is meh, and the epic moment is pretty underwhelming in shirardi. But I also need to switch out enhancement in inquisitor to pick up the deity feat and drop the 5% doubleshot to keep the +1 crit multiplier on 19-20. Overall it looks like a net gain while using inquistor, but not so much for repeaters/battle engineer.

This is honestly probably a good build for live as well as hardcore. Solo reaper friendly for sure. Might tinker around with the 18/2 split and do arcanotech. You could probably even turn it into a heroic/iconic leveler as well by doing 8-9Art/2Barb/9-10xxx.
    Last edited by jskinner937; 09-21-2022 at 11:55 PM.

Community Member

Default Really nice idea for HC

I've been trying to come up with a non-ranged survivable trapper and I'm currently playing a melee INT-based Shadar-Kai 18 Dark Apostate 2 Rogue (Animal Domain) on Hardcore, but your build might just be a whole level better.

Did you consider dropping 2 levels of Arti and replacing them with Fighter? A 16/2/2 build would bag you the 2 extra feats that would allow your build to take both Construct Essence feats and use Reconstruct.

An observation would be to drop one rank of BE's Extra Action Boost and spend them in FB's Extra Action Boosts netting you +1 action boost.

Another alternative 16/2/2 could be Warforged Arti/Barb/Monk or Arti/Barb/Rogue; you would lose some of the feline benefits but gain a lot including immunities, extra CON and being able to spam Reconstruct. Monk would bag you two extra feats which would probably mean Precision and perhaps Dodge; you could take Mobility, and why not drop Heighten [sorry, I don't get the reasoning behind taking this feat] and replace that with Shot on the Run.

Anyway thanks for sharing your build and providing some great inspiration. Grats on the 5k+ favor!

EDITed FB extra action boost remark

EDIT2... DUH forgot WF would need to take Mithral Body as a feat... so no Shot on the Run!
    Last edited by Gnominal_Aphasia; 09-23-2022 at 02:42 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gnominal_Aphasia View Post
    I've been trying to come up with a non-ranged survivable trapper and I'm currently playing a melee INT-based Shadar-Kai 18 Dark Apostate 2 Rogue (Animal Domain) on Hardcore, but your build might just be a whole level better.

Did you consider dropping 2 levels of Arti and replacing them with Fighter? A 16/2/2 build would bag you the 2 extra feats that would allow your build to take both Construct Essence feats and use Reconstruct.

An observation would be to drop one rank of BE's Extra Action Boost and spend them in FB's Extra Action Boosts netting you +1 action boost.

Another alternative 16/2/2 could be Warforged Arti/Barb/Monk or Arti/Barb/Rogue; you would lose some of the feline benefits but gain a lot including immunities, extra CON and being able to spam Reconstruct. Monk would bag you two extra feats which would probably mean Precision and perhaps Dodge; you could take Mobility, and why not drop Heighten [sorry, I don't get the reasoning behind taking this feat] and replace that with Shot on the Run.

Anyway thanks for sharing your build and providing some great inspiration. Grats on the 5k+ favor!

EDITed FB extra action boost remark

EDIT2... DUH forgot WF would need to take Mithral Body as a feat... so no Shot on the Run!
    I speculated monk, but with barb levels, unfortunately monk or sacred fist are not options due to alignemnt restrictions. Yes fighter or rogue multiclass would be options and dropping 2 levels of arty. Dropping heighten is really a possible option. I really only use tactical detonate for spells, but at lower lower levels, having the daze aoes is pretty nice for large mobs, since rune arm is your only aoe really. But you could swap later after you get tac det, which is really good if you have the DCs.

Either way you choose to go, construct essence/reconstruct and 2 levels of fighter is not a bad choice. Not sure shot on the run is the best option however as your feat selection might be a stretch, especially with both.

And the point spend for extra AB in battle engineer is mainly to get to tier 5. Honestly its dropped if you go Inquisitor for cap at 20+. Which I did, but I want to see if repeaters with expanding clip is viable with this build to inquisitor. Its nice having the rune arm boosts from battle engineer. Without it, you only charge to t1 while moving, which makes them almost useless to charge unless standing still.
    Last edited by jskinner937; 09-27-2022 at 09:00 AM.

Community Member

With the upcomming HP Pass and Imbue Reload, this build will likely benefit a great deal. Battle Engineer looks to be the tree to stick with in heroics and epics. (Comp HP Bonus + Imbue Die, possibly with more imbue die in FB tree).

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Default Warforged Inquisitive variant

Someone asked to see this so rather than starting a new thread, I'm just piggybacking on this one.

The main changes from OP are:
    • Warforged instead of Tabaxi - racial immunities, self-repairs, and also I don't have Tabaxi yet. No racial Evasion so it takes Adamantine Body for higher AC/PRR/MRR.
    • Dual crossbows (Inquisitive) instead of repeaters; although at low levels you're probably better off with repeaters to save your APs for other trees.

P2P requirements: Warforged, Inquisitive, Artificer
    P2P recommendations: Harper Agent for Strategic Combat and Know the Angles.

Listed tomes (+2 INT and +5 DEX) can come from Favor. Without them, you lose some skill points and access to Combat Archery + Improved Precise Shot. You can take placeholder feats if you need to Favor-farm for that +5 tome; then use your free Heart of Wood or get Fred to do the ol' switcheroo.

Code:

Character name: HC WF Inquisificer
    Classes: 18 Artificer, 10 Epic, 2 Barbarian, 2 Legendary
    Race: Warforged · · · · · ·Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

· · ·Start Tome Final · · ·Incorp:· · ·0% · · ·Displacement:· · 0%
    Str:· · ·8· · 0 · ·10 · · ·HP:· · · · 525 · · ·AC:· · 34
    Dex:· · 14· · 5 · ·21 · · ·PRR: · · · ·56
    Con:· · 18· · 0 · ·20 · · ·MRR: · · · ·10 · · ·+Healing Amp: 4294967256
    Int:· · 18· · 2 · ·32 · · ·Dodge: · ·6/29 · · ·-Healing Amp:· · ·0
    Wis:· · ·6· · 0 · · 8 · · ·Fort:· · · 50% · · ·Repair Amp:· · · 80
    Cha:· · ·6· · 0 · · 8 · · ·SR:· · · · · 0 · · ·BAB: · · · · · · 20
    DR: 3%· ·2\Adamantine · 10\Cold Iron
    Immunities: Sleep, Energy Drain, Nausea, Sickness, Exhaustion, Paralysis, , Magic Missiles

Special Feats
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Draconic Incarnation
    Harper Agent Tree
    Inquisitive Tree
    Shiradi Champion

Class and Feat Selection
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Level Class · · · · · ·Feats
    1 · · Artificer(1)· · ·Standard: Point Blank Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(4), Disable Device(4), Open Lock(4), Repair(4), Search(4), Spell Craft(4), Spot(4), Use Magic Device(4)
    2 · · Artificer(2)· · ·
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Diplomacy(1)
    3 · · Barbarian(1)· · ·Standard: Precision
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Heal(6), Tumble(2), Use Magic Device(1)
    4 · · Barbarian(2)· · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Jump(2)
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Diplomacy(6), Use Magic Device(1)
    5 · · Artificer(3)· · ·
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Disable Device(3), Search(3), Spot(3)
    6 · · Artificer(4)· · ·Standard: Insightful Reflexes
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Bonus: Adamantine Body
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(4), Disable Device(1), Repair(2), Search(1), Spot(1)
    7 · · Artificer(5)· · ·
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(2), Repair(3), Search(1), Spot(1)
    8 · · Artificer(6)· · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(4), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1)
    9 · · Artificer(7)· · ·Standard: Spell Focus: Evocation
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(4), Spot(1)
    10· · Artificer(8)· · ·Artificer Bonus: Precise Shot
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(3), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
    11· · Artificer(9)· · ·
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(3)
    12· · Artificer(10) · ·Standard: Improved Critical: Ranged Weapons
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(3)
    13· · Artificer(11) · ·
    14· · Artificer(12) · ·Artificer Bonus: Quicken Spell
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Diplomacy(2)
    15· · Artificer(13) · ·Standard: Heighten Spell
    16· · Artificer(14) · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Diplomacy(3)
    17· · Artificer(15) · ·
    18· · Artificer(16) · ·Standard: Luck Of Heroes
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Artificer Bonus: Improved Precise Shot
    19· · Artificer(17) · ·
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Haggle(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
    20· · Artificer(18) · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Class Skills: Concentration(1), Disable Device(1), Haggle(1), Open Lock(1), Repair(1), Search(1), Spell Craft(1), Spot(1), Use Magic Device(1)
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Cross Class Skills: Heal(2)
    21· · Epic(1) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Overwhelming Critical
    22· · Epic(2) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Holy Strike
    23· · Epic(3) · · · · ·
    24· · Epic(4) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Combat Archery
    25· · Epic(5) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Doubleshot
    26· · Epic(6) · · · · ·
    27· · Epic(7) · · · · ·Epic Feat: Watchful Eye
    28· · Epic(8) · · · · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Harbinger of Chaos
    29· · Epic(9) · · · · ·
    30· · Epic(10)· · · · ·Epic Feat: Construct Exemplar
    · · · · · · · · · · · ·Legendary: Scion of the Plane of Air
    31· · Legendary(1)· · ·Epic Destiny Feat: Legendary Aim
    32· · Legendary(2)· · ·Intelligence: +1 Level up

Granted Feats
    Diehard
    Eschew Materials
    Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Magical Training
    Slippery Mind
    Watchful Eye

Skills
    Skill Points· · ·32 ·9· 9 ·9· 9 ·9· 9 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 10 11 11 11 11 11
    Skill Name· · · ·01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20· Total Buffed
    Balance · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 17.0
    Bluff · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 16.0
    Concentration · · 4 ·1· · · · · ·4· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 44.0
    Diplomacy · · · · · ·½· · ·3· · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·1· 1 1½ 1½ 1½· 1 · · ·11.0 · 30.0
    Disable Device· · 4 ·1· · · · 3 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 50.0
    Haggle· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1 ·1· · 2.0 · 17.0
    Heal· · · · · · · · · · 3 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · ·1· · 4.0 · 19.0
    Hide· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 16.0
    Intimidate· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 16.0
    Jump· · · · · · · · · · · ·2· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 2.0 · 14.0
    Listen· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 19.0
    Move Silently · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 16.0
    Open Lock · · · · 4 ·1· · · · · · · 2 ·4· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 44.0
    Perform · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · 15.0
    Repair· · · · · · 4 ·1· · · · · ·2· 3 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 53.0
    Search· · · · · · 4 ·1· · · · 3 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 58.0
    Spell Craft · · · 4 ·1· · · · · · · · ·1· 4 ·3· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 50.0
    Spot· · · · · · · 4 ·1· · · · 3 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 46.0
    Swim· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 0.0 · ·7.0
    Tumble· · · · · · · · · 1 · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 1.0 · 17.0
    Use Magic Device· 4 ·1· ½ ·½· · · · · · · · ·1· 3 ·3· 3 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· 1 ·1· ·23.0 · 38.0
    Available Points· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0· 0 ·0

Enhancements: 80 APs
    Warforged - Points spent: 4
    Core1 Improved Fortification I
    Tier1 Repair Systems: Mechanist - 3 Ranks
    Inquisitive - Points spent: 41
    Core1 Inquisitive
    Tier1 Dual Shooter
    Tier1 Conjure Bolts - 1 Ranks
    Tier1 Law on your side
    Tier2 Improved Law
    Core2 Hit the Streets
    Tier2 Crossbow Adept I
    Tier2 Observation
    Tier2 Action Boost: Skills - 3 Ranks
    Tier3 Crossbow Adept II
    Core3 Mind Like Iron
    Tier3 First Things First: Shoot First
    Tier3 Improved Observation
    Tier3 Ability Score I: Intelligence
    Tier4 Crossbow Adept III
    Core4 True Seeing
    Tier4 What Later?: Ask Questions Later
    Tier4 Inquisition Style: Martial Inquisition
    Tier4 Greater Law
    Tier5 No Holds Barred
    Tier5 Arresting Assault
    Tier5 Improved Uncanny Dodge
    Tier5 Diplomatic Immunity
    Core5 Undaunted
    Tier5 Inquisitor's Path: Jaded
    Core6 Master Inquisitive
    Harper Agent - Points spent: 8
    Core1 Agent of Good I
    Tier1 Harper Enchantment
    Tier1 Strategic Combat I
    Tier2 Know the Angles - 3 Ranks
    Battle Engineer - Points spent: 12
    Core1 Battle Engineer
    Tier1 Thaumaturgical Conduits - 3 Ranks
    Tier1 Item Defense - 1 Ranks
    Tier2 Action Boost Selector: Action Boost: Power - 3 Ranks
    Core2 Infused Weapons I
    Tier2 Caustic Strike: Caustic Shot - 1 Ranks
    Core3 Infused Armor I
    Tier3 Shatter Defenses: Shatter Defenses (Crossbow) - 1 Ranks
    Frenzied Berserker - Points spent: 9
    Core1 Die Hard
    Tier1 Die Harder - 3 Ranks
    Tier1 Athletics - 1 Ranks
    Tier2 Blood Tribute - 3 Ranks
    Tier2 Sprint Boost - 1 Ranks
    Renegade Mastermaker - Points spent: 6
    Core1 Renegade Defender
    Tier1 Easily Fixed
    Tier1 Supporting Construction - 3 Ranks
    Core2 Alchemical Shield
    Epic Destinies: 40 APs + 2 permanent Destiny Points
    Shiradi Champion - Points spent: 36
    Core1 Fey Favor
    Tier1 Prism
    Tier1 Shiradi Strike: Hunt's End
    Tier1 Good Luck - 3 Ranks
    Tier1 Fey Sight - 2 Ranks
    Core2 Vision
    Tier2 Stay: Stay Good - 3 Ranks
    Tier2 Shiradi Power: Pin
    Tier2 Healing Spring
    Tier2 Phase Double - 3 Ranks
    Core3 Audience with the Queen
    Tier3 Double Rainbow
    Tier3 Pierce Deception
    Tier3 Improved Shiradi Power: Otto's Whistlery
    Tier3 Fey Force: Fey Force
    Core4 Fey Countenance
    Tier4 Fey Form
    Tier4 Track
    Tier4 Overwhelming Force: Overwhelming Force
    Tier5 Nerve Venom
    Tier5 Lore of the Hunt
    Tier5 Feywild Attunement
    Tier5 Epic Moment: Inexorable Advance
    Tier5 Control - 1 Ranks
    Draconic Incarnation - Points spent: 14
    Core1 Draconic Bloodline: Draconic Bloodline: Blue
    Tier1 Dragonhide - 3 Ranks
    Tier1 Draconic Perception - 2 Ranks
    Core2 Draconic Heritage I
    Tier2 Dragon Breath: Blue Dragon Breath - 3 Ranks
    Core3 Elemental Blood
    Tier3 Arcane Spellsword - 3 Ranks
    Spell Like / Special Abilities
    Unleash Iron Defender · · · · · · · · · · · 
    Dismiss Rage· · · · · · · · · · · · · · · · 

Weapon Damage
    Melee Power:· 72.0
    Doublestrike: 2%
    Strikethrough: 20%
    Mainhand damage ability multiplier: 1
    Offhand damage ability multiplier: 0
    Off-Hand attack Chance: 20%
    Fortification Bypass: 10%
    Dodge Bypass: 15%
    Helpless Damage bonus: 50%
    Ranged Power: 123.0
    Doubleshot Chance: 38%

Sneak Attack Attack bonus: 0
    Sneak Attack Damage: 0d6+0

Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12