Community Member

Default Shooter Artificer Endgame Gear Tetris

Inspired by painkiller3 - been thinking about it for a long time, but having troubles placing it all in my mind. Rocking Wallwatch is cool, but maybe there's more to have if I go beyond... Especially now that I'm slowly gathering some raid loot.

Starting point for my assumption would be Conduit of the Titans combo. Since it's from an end game raid it should be the very best possible thing for an artificer, right? +30% recharge rate on runearm seems to be very good for me, and with Know The Angles Intelligence seems to be top priority, followed by Constitution and Dexterity. Let's assume RXbows, not Inqui. So the above rules out Leg. Renegade Champion; thus SR Guardian's Xbow; thus best in slot would be Stickerclick.

What about the rest? Is it really Wallwatch & "fill in the blanks"? Wallwatch set's effects can be gained elsewhere (Tyrranical Tinkerer + something?) but, like I wrote, I'm having really big issues with looking at all the possible combinations of items, remembering where I could get "deadly" and where's "quality deadly" etc.

And there's Epic Litany with Profane +2 available, and so many of those items can get different bonus on them depending on how they're crafted... Then there's filigrees...

On the topic of filigrees (since we're already talking!) - how to minmax them as well? Only recently have I learned that the same filigree can be placed separately in a weapon and an artifact and both will work, so what would be your suggestion to reach peak performance? Should one go for two +2INT filigrees? Which sets are worth taking full, which shine when barely partly collected?

Did anyone here already put thought into how to maximize deadliness for an Arti at cap? Or does anyone have an idea where I could Put all the puzzle pieces together and try to figure it out? DDO Character planner is a marvelous, precious and beautiful thing, but I didn't find it very intuitive when it came to slotting in items and excluding what effects are gained where.

Final assumptions are that it wants ranged (non-magical) damage over everything, then survivability. No real need for spell power or DCs (since the very few I could get here won't make my Tactical Detonation do sh!t in lategame content anyways).

Thanks in advance for help!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ozziezombie View Post
    Inspired by painkiller3 - been thinking about it for a long time, but having troubles placing it all in my mind. Rocking Wallwatch is cool, but maybe there's more to have if I go beyond... Especially now that I'm slowly gathering some raid loot.

Starting point for my assumption would be Conduit of the Titans combo. Since it's from an end game raid it should be the very best possible thing for an artificer, right? +30% recharge rate on runearm seems to be very good for me, and with Know The Angles Intelligence seems to be top priority, followed by Constitution and Dexterity. Let's assume RXbows, not Inqui. So the above rules out Leg. Renegade Champion; thus SR Guardian's Xbow; thus best in slot would be Stickerclick.

What about the rest? Is it really Wallwatch & "fill in the blanks"? Wallwatch set's effects can be gained elsewhere (Tyrranical Tinkerer + something?) but, like I wrote, I'm having really big issues with looking at all the possible combinations of items, remembering where I could get "deadly" and where's "quality deadly" etc.

And there's Epic Litany with Profane +2 available, and so many of those items can get different bonus on them depending on how they're crafted... Then there's filigrees...

On the topic of filigrees (since we're already talking!) - how to minmax them as well? Only recently have I learned that the same filigree can be placed separately in a weapon and an artifact and both will work, so what would be your suggestion to reach peak performance? Should one go for two +2INT filigrees? Which sets are worth taking full, which shine when barely partly collected?

Did anyone here already put thought into how to maximize deadliness for an Arti at cap? Or does anyone have an idea where I could Put all the puzzle pieces together and try to figure it out? DDO Character planner is a marvelous, precious and beautiful thing, but I didn't find it very intuitive when it came to slotting in items and excluding what effects are gained where.

Final assumptions are that it wants ranged (non-magical) damage over everything, then survivability. No real need for spell power or DCs (since the very few I could get here won't make my Tactical Detonation do sh!t in lategame content anyways).

Thanks in advance for help!
    Is light armor plus evasion better than medium armor without it.... sort of thereby putting us back to wallwatch.... or is is better to go 5 piece dread isle and 5 piece saltmarsh and go medium armor.

What artifact are people using?

Which filigrees?

I just got bored of Alchemist so I am trying to build a crossbow arti and so far I am, like the OP, stuck at Stickerclick maxed out.