Default *URGENT* message to Dev's (not a joke)

I'm being serious and 2 Guild Members have been insta-killed, I just came across this on the Guild Ship on Hard Core Server ..... *issue* the Hireling Vendor Room on our guild-ship (Death Smile guild) has a 2nd-Room also showing up inside the same Room, as you go to *buy* a Hireling from the Vendor you are killed .... please, please look at this immediately and if you'd like to make a toon and come onto Ship you'll see what I mean

Community Member

Pro Tip for Hardcore: Do not go exploring any airship rooms. There is nothing in any of them that is not easily accessible somewhere else. Danger room is a insta-kill for any first life char, even with improved evasion and high reflexes. Go to the actual crafting hall, it is way more convenient as it has both bank and AH right there. Just a few steps from the Kundarak port and you have all of the guild vendors, all in one spot.

Founder
    Guild Leader - Death Smile

I reported this issue today as well; it appears under certain circumstances that guild decos that are upgraded, etc, when they are upgraded can leave a copy of their previous selves behind that is still coded in that space but is not removable by the guild master - it is bugged, other decos can then be placed on top of it. This causes the room to then behave in very strange ways, apparently even killing characters; we had a few members die to this.

Quote Originally Posted by dogsoldier View Post
    Pro Tip for Hardcore: Do not go exploring any airship rooms. There is nothing in any of them that is not easily accessible somewhere else. Danger room is a insta-kill for any first life char, even with improved evasion and high reflexes. Go to the actual crafting hall, it is way more convenient as it has both bank and AH right there. Just a few steps from the Kundarak port and you have all of the guild vendors, all in one spot.
    I agree that you should probably stay out of the levels of a guild ship besides main deck and the bottom, however, this is a bug that they are reporting, something that shouldn't be happening, not a poor choice. The hireling vendor room should be safe and accessible even on the hc server.

Community Member

It is a really stupid idea to put an instant death feature on a buff that gives bonuses to trap skills to begin with. This is just a dumb joke to begin with and should never been put in.

That said, it was, and will unlikely be changed. So why would anyone explore a guild ship where, as it is leveling, amenities are constantly being changed, and stepping into one of the rooms is universally known to be instant death?

Again, there are zero features within any guild ship room that are not available elsewhere, and most of the time, the non-ship version is better anyway.

It is a really stupid idea to put an instant death feature on a buff that gives bonuses to trap skills to begin with. This is just a dumb joke to begin with and should never been put in.

That said, it was, and will unlikely be changed. So why would anyone explore a guild ship where, as it is leveling, amenities are constantly being changed, and stepping into one of the rooms is universally known to be instant death?

Again, there are zero features within any guild ship room that are not available elsewhere, and most of the time, the non-ship version is better anyway.
    I completely agree. I think they were trying to make everything accessible via the ships, but the way things get laid out is often so random that is just easier and better to go do everything elsewhere. Knowing that on a ship you could find a room that will kill you should make most ppl go elsewhere but there is always someone who wants to "check things out".

For a well equipped Level 50+ guild with tonnes of unregulated members and Officers. You will likely get some comedians activating the 'Proving Ground' Canon and people flipping "Danger mode" for the 'Danger Room' if they are already placed.

A room being embedded within another hookpoint and killing someone would typically classify as both pilot error and death by trickery. The hookpoints have been bugged for years; they seem more likely to hiccup if people regularly rearrange them several hours before a Server reboot.
    Last edited by DYWYPI; 08-06-2022 at 07:12 AM. Reason: YASD.

Pro Tip for Hardcore: Do not go exploring any airship rooms. There is nothing in any of them that is not easily accessible somewhere else.
    What if I want to bind to the airship? Oh wait ...
    Don't feed the trolls.
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions