Community Member

Default Proficiencies Bug?

Sometimes when I log in to a character, I'm showing a non-proficiency penalty on weapons I'm proficient with. I've had this issue on and off for a few months now, but it seems like it's gotten worse recently. Relogging seems to fix the problem, but it happens on multiple servers. Today, I logged in to my rogue on Orien and it was showing a non-proficiency penalty for kukris. That toon has the Knife in the Dark feat, which gives proficiency with kukris. Had to relog, as they were the only bladed weapons I had in inventory. It's not a major headache to relog, but if you don't notice until you've already started a quest you either live with the penalty or recall. Just wondered if this is a known bug or something new as it seems to be more common of late.

Quote Originally Posted by mutantspacegoat View Post
    Sometimes when I log in to a character, I'm showing a non-proficiency penalty on weapons I'm proficient with. I've had this issue on and off for a few months now, but it seems like it's gotten worse recently. Relogging seems to fix the problem,
    Does changing areas through a load screen work or is it only relog that fixes it?

Do log out while dead? I know that messes up stuff.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Does changing areas through a load screen work or is it only relog that fixes it?
    Relogging is the only way to fix it. It's really just a nuisance. Just wondered why it was happening and if anyone else has had this problem.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    Do log out while dead? I know that messes up stuff.
    I have done so. I frequently rage quit when my hireling dies first and I know I can't complete the quest without one. But I haven't noticed if there's a connection between logging off while dead and this particular bug.