Default FvS U55.3 gearset

I am looking at gearing my FvS for U55.3 - where the 5 piece set bonus can now be crafted on helm/cloak and stats on minor artifacts are +15.

I still find the Flamecleanced to be the best set to go with - even though it means not getting evasion and using a large shield rather than a Dino offhand weapon for another debuff.

Elders set is pretty much mandatory.

Dino 5 piece Dread set is looking good.

Another option is the add a 3 set piece bonus with augments to the items not in a set already. Just need to drop 3 regular augments though.

I actually have a GMoF with both Elders and Burning Sun, so I could swap the belt to get the Burning Sun set with artifact 30 prr (the other effects from the set bonus are already in Flamecleanced) but losing 1 con (have to augument ins con) and 150 spellpoints (that are doubled). I am still debating that choice.

The 3 items marked with an orange color are the ones that differ if you prefer wis to cha.

Swap in Ooze + Affirmation for archon, or maybe Ooze + Salt, still debating that choice.

Things would be much easier if Dino artifacts also came in goggle slot.

Comments and ideas are most welcome.
    Last edited by mikarddo; 08-01-2022 at 12:47 PM.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    I am looking at gearing my FvS for U55.3 - where the 5 piece set bonus can now be crafted on helm/cloak and stats on minor artifacts are +15.

I still find the Flamecleanced to be the best set to go with - even though it means not getting evasion and using a large shield rather than a Dino offhand weapon for another debuff.

Elders set is pretty much mandatory.

Dino 5 piece Dread set is looking good.

Another option is the add a 3 set piece bonus with augments to the items not in a set already. Just need to drop 3 regular augments though.

I actually have a GMoF with both Elders and Burning Sun, so I could swap the belt to get the Burning Sun set with artifact 30 prr (the other effects from the set bonus are already in Flamecleanced) but losing 1 con (have to augument ins con) and 150 spellpoints (that are doubled). I am still debating that choice.

The 3 items marked with an orange color are the ones that differ if you prefer wis to cha.

Swap in Ooze + Affirmation for archon, or maybe Ooze + Salt, still debating that choice.

Things would be much easier if Dino artifacts also came in goggle slot.

Comments and ideas are most welcome.
    On your Dino artifact item, you have 35% spell crit damage and 15 Charisma, you can't have both either 15 stat item, or 20 crit damage, unless a typo and you meant to put 15% crit damage fire

Quote Originally Posted by choco1212 View Post
    On your Dino artifact item, you have 35% spell crit damage and 15 Charisma, you can't have both either 15 stat item, or 20 crit damage, unless a typo and you meant to put 15% crit damage fire
    You are, unfortunately, absolutely correct. I need to rethink those effects.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikarddo View Post
    You are, unfortunately, absolutely correct. I need to rethink those effects.
    maybe a solution?

Swap your belt to Black Satin, Qual spell focus and qual charisma
    Frees up your gloves, take dino gloves(these have scale slot for 20 fire crit damage)

Remove the none artifact ring to clouded dreams (you will lose combustion from this ring, so put it in the GoMF, replace where you have parry), you can now free up your goggles for Collective sight, 20 MRR and +6 insight con that you are missing. Shield should also be slotted with 9 spell pen, as you get the Uni Crits and uni Sp from clouded dreams
    Last edited by choco1212; 08-09-2022 at 09:29 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by choco1212 View Post
    maybe a solution?
    Frees up your gloves, take dino gloves(these have scale slot for 20 fire crit damage)
    Are there non-artifact gloves? Cannot find them on the wiki except a general "Dinosaur Bone armors, shields, and accessories are available as loot in the raid", but they are not available as a trade-in for raid runes...

EDIT: Found out about Birchlore Gauntlets, those can get the scale slot and there is no issue on having tue artifacts (gloves and ring) =)
    Last edited by mecreddie; 11-25-2022 at 08:09 AM.