Community Member

Default Hardcore will have support?

SSG posted:

"Will Customer Service help me get out of a stuck quest?

Customer service will not be helping people get out of quests they are not able to complete due to a bug or other issue. We don't want CS being asked to complete dungeons for people, for example, regardless of the cause. We realize that might be a bit harsh depending on what happened, but the best solution if you get stuck in a quest is to either run a different quest or recall out, reset the dungeon, and try again. This isn't a wider policy decision, just one for the Hardcore League only."

Love DDO. Want to play and spend time and money on hardcore but have a hard time to trust that it will go well with such announcement. I am having a tough time trying to understand it. They rushed hardcore again after an expansion that still not finished and now they want to exempt themselves over the bugs and problems of the hardcore server that still not happened but probably will? is this even legal in the US? when the server crashed in the last hardcore did they gave extra lives to the players who died at that time or did something to compensate the money and time that the players lost? does the text means hardcore will not have any support or it means that support will not work at all or not work ONLY in the quest completion issue?

Thanks for the help.

My take on it as that since the stakes are higher on hardcore people are more likely to use customer support as a mulligan if they die. Customer service is likely not qualified nor has the staffing to make judgment calls on such thing so they are setting expectations from the start.

I am fine with it. I died once due to lag. "I had a guildy that was a alive and well in quest and logged in dead after the major server crash during season 2.

Entire nations have survived worse.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Regular CS stuff works fine, I did a ticket in a prior season for when a store bought gold seal rogue vanished when moving it from the bank to my character; was issued a refund for those DDO points within a couple days. They just won't fix quests that hang, scripts breaking, deaths from lag, or anything else gameplay related (so as to prevent someone from saving their lives or gaining favor via CS taking action).

If you died (any reason)
    they will not help you.

Anything else is pretty much like the
    other servers (have been told)

Quote Originally Posted by blarhblarhblarh View Post
    SSG posted:

Customer service will not be helping people get out of quests they are not able to complete due to a bug or other issue. We don't want CS being asked to complete dungeons for people, for example, regardless of the cause. We realize that might be a bit harsh depending on what happened, but the best solution if you get stuck in a quest is to either run a different quest or recall out, reset the dungeon, and try again. This isn't a wider policy decision, just one for the Hardcore League only."

Love DDO. Want to play and spend time and money on hardcore but have a hard time to trust that it will go well with such announcement. I am having a tough time trying to understand it. They rushed hardcore again after an expansion that still not finished and now they want to exempt themselves over the bugs and problems of the hardcore server that still not happened but probably will? is this even legal in the US? when the server crashed in the last hardcore did they gave extra lives to the players who died at that time or did something to compensate the money and time that the players lost? does the text means hardcore will not have any support or it means that support will not work at all or not work ONLY in the quest completion issue?

Thanks for the help.
    It's the same policy as it has always been for hardcore: if things break within a quest, customer support will not help with finishing it. Quit out of the quest and try again or just skip it entirely.

This is only in place because of the permadeath rule.

They have not and will not give extra lives because of lag. And why wouldn't it be legal? It's setting rules within a game. Dead is dead, whether it is from monster, lag, quest. Hence why shroud shouldn't be attempted unless you like dead characters.
    Last edited by Kayze; 07-26-2022 at 03:27 PM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    . Dead is dead, whether it is from monster, lag, quest. Hence why shroud shouldn't be attempted unless you like dead characters.
    Thanks for the answer.

Being dead for my fault or a problem on my end is fine. Being dead because of another player mistake i fine also. Being dead over a server crash makes it profitable for them to not solve the game issues. We pay for a product and this product is supposed to work. If it don´t work as intended the company who sold you the product should have responsability over it. There are still bugs on feywild and saltmarsh that makes quests unfinishable (like the sea elf dialogue) and bugs way older than it.

And this makes me doubt to spend my time and money on hc or not.

Thanks for the answer.

Being dead for my fault or a problem on my end is fine. Being dead because of another player mistake i fine also. Being dead over a server crash makes it profitable for them to not solve the game issues. We pay for a product and this product is supposed to work. If it don´t work as intended the company who sold you the product should have responsability over it. There are still bugs on feywild and saltmarsh that makes quests unfinishable (like the sea elf dialogue) and bugs way older than it.

And this makes me doubt to spend my time and money on hc or not.
    Then don't spend money on hardcore. They're not going to budge on this point.

There's no way to differentiate between a client initiated disconnect and a server initiated one. And if the whole server goes down, you wouldn't have to worry about monsters hitting you while you're disconnected.

You might not abuse it, but that revision of the customer support policy would lead to a slippery slope where people would just pull the plug on their computers and blame the server for connection issues.

SSG posted:

Thanks for the help.
    If you are stuck it's probably faster to recall & reset than wait for GM anyway

Community Manager

Others have explained it above, but that part of the FAQ is intended to prevent tickets to customer service related to Hardcore deaths. Sorry, we are not assisting in bringing players back to life on Hardcore regardless of cause, and we aren't resetting quests or completing them either due to the variables involved and the conflict it might inevitably cause. We of course do apologize for any issue you might run into.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Others have explained it above, but that part of the FAQ is intended to prevent tickets to customer service related to Hardcore deaths. Sorry, we are not assisting in bringing players back to life on Hardcore regardless of cause, and we aren't resetting quests or completing them either due to the variables involved and the conflict it might inevitably cause.
    As it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

The core is so hard is reaches into life itself.

You have been warned.
    Last edited by SocratesBastardSon; 07-26-2022 at 05:03 PM.
    "The imagination is not … the faculty for forming images of reality; it is the faculty for forming images which go beyond reality..." - Gaston Bachelard

Community Member

If you are playing for the challenge you don't need to be on the hardcore server at all. With its properly reduced customer service.

Just delete the character if it dies - not all that difficult. If it dies due to a genuine server crash - don't delete it. Also not all that difficult.

If you are playing for the cosmetics - just hope there aren't many crashes and that they don't kill you. Its always been one of the risks of the event.

Community Member

Others have explained it above, but that part of the FAQ is intended to prevent tickets to customer service related to Hardcore deaths. Sorry, we are not assisting in bringing players back to life on Hardcore regardless of cause, and we aren't resetting quests or completing them either due to the variables involved and the conflict it might inevitably cause. We of course do apologize for any issue you might run into.
    Thanks for the answer. I still think that apologie don´t give back to the player the time or the money they spend and that this policy could have an exceptional rule, something like: In the case of a server crash all players that died 2 minutes before and 2 minutes after it in the system log would receive an extra life. Since the death was not caused by the player or by the game rules and system it would not be a burden for the staff. To me it would seems fair to both sides but it´s not my call, it´s the company that should make these calls. As a member of the playerbase I just leave the idea here as a vote.

Minor FYI:

Sometimes in TOEE Part 1 you finish the end boss fight, read the codex and the note, pick up the skull... and nothing happens. D-door does not appear, and you are locked in the boss chamber. The quest is uncompletable.

If you are in such situation and you happen to have Dimension Door spell, cast it. Instead of transporting you to the quest entrance, it will transport you to the entrance (just inside) of the boss chamber. You run back to the end of it, and usually (well, 100% of the time in my experience) the quest d-door is there.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

"Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

You to realize that this is basically "Customer support as normal in Hardcore".

I can't remember the last time I had a GM actually help with a stuck quest or one that failed to complete. Generally I open a ticket like that and a day or so later it closes and I have sat in the quest sometimes for a couple hours just on the principal of the thing. Never get a reply.

They are often kind enough to return me a pot in a week or so if I have one running though and ask nicely.
    “Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing. He is not a good man who, without a protest, allows wrong to be committed in his name, and with the means which he helps to supply, because he will not trouble himself to use his mind on the subject.”