Default Why Not Buy Double Points When They're Actually Available?

Because, you know, you're definitely gonna use them at some point in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Why be bed bath and beyond or banana republic when everyone knows you’ll always have the exact same sale later ?

You just want customers shopping quarterly or annually ?

Because they cost money.

Some folks here do not have the money to spare.

Some folks like me have already funded this game a lot and do
    no feel obligated to keep doing it.

Some folks live in a country where making a purchase is problematic.

pick one.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    Because they cost money.

Some folks here do not have the money to spare.

Some folks like me have already funded this game a lot and do
    no feel obligated to keep doing it.

Some folks live in a country where making a purchase is problematic.

pick one.
    Not my point.

https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...he-Summer-Sale
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    So your point was rather than reply to that thread with your opinion, start a new thread because your opinion is so important it is a new topic in and of itself?
    First Lives Matter!!!
    Give us a no reincarnation server!

Because, you know, you're definitely gonna use them at some point in the future.
    Because this is, by design, intentionally hostile to the customer. You buy points on faith that something you want will be available later, and every point pack is the wrong size to buy just what you want, so you're always at least a few points short or over.

Of course DDO isn't the only game that does this. It's common to all predatory pricing schemes, and nearly universal to the F2P genre. That doesn't make it more ethical, but at least it's not loot boxes. (unless you spend them on astral shards for chest rerolls)

Community Member

The OP is correct. If you are playing this game, and you realize that there are periodic sales where you will want to grab something, then it's to your advantage to pick up some points in advance when they are on sale. Historically the double-points sales happen every couple months or so.

Wait wait, hold up.

You mean people actually...DON'T do this?

Simple answer - you don't know what sales are coming up so you don't know how much you want to spend - you just make your best guess.

I no longer purchase points so SSG likely isn't even interested in my opinion. When I did purchase points I only did so when they were on sale. If my point balance dwindled and there was something I wanted but didn't have the points for I just lived without it. If points were on sale I likely would have purchased more.

So I would say I definitely spent less money when there was a long gap between point sales. Putting nice items in the store didn't make me buy points when they weren't on sale.
    DC Warlock Reaper Build (U48)
    Max DC Illusionist Reaper Build (U48)

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    Simple answer - you don't know what sales are coming up so you don't know how much you want to spend - you just make your best guess.

I no longer purchase points so SSG likely isn't even interested in my opinion. When I did purchase points I only did so when they were on sale. If my point balance dwindled and there was something I wanted but didn't have the points for I just lived without it. If points were on sale I likely would have purchased more.

So I would say I definitely spent less money when there was a long gap between point sales. Putting nice items in the store didn't make me buy points when they weren't on sale.
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude View Post
    So your point was rather than reply to that thread with your opinion, start a new thread because your opinion is so important it is a new topic in and of itself?
    People being smart-asses on forums can't be new to you. Not sure why you're acting so indignantly.

Hmmm...maybe take your forum handle to heart in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Anzanel View Post
    Wait wait, hold up.

You mean people actually...DON'T do this?
    Yup.

There was one person in another thread who was whinging about the fact SSG didn't keep the DDO points sale on for longer. It sounded like they were waiting to see what sales were coming up before they bought points.

Community Manager

This thread was created in violation of the forum rules to carry an insult out of a discussion thread into a new thread, and is now closed.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com