Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Bard cap gear U55.2

Bard spellsinger gear setup for U55.2. Augments are included but filigrees are not atm.

Aim - healing, top-notch CC, very good nuking and a little insta killing (Wail) for R10 quests and semi casual raids.

Comments and ideas are most welcome.

Own comments:
    - The CC rings do accept reaper crafting. Tested.
    - I tried to fit in +6% artifact sonic crit chance (Feywild Dreamer set or Anger of the Avalance set) but found the results lacking. Bards lack a good set really.
    - I looked into using a Slavers crafted item rather than one of the Cannith crafted items but the lack of insightful effects on Slavers meant I didnt make that work.
    - An Alchemical Buckler in offhand also offers some very nice effects including +2 alchemical cha. I opted for a 2nd Dino weapon though but its not a clear call.
    - I have looked more than once at the 5 piece Dino set bonus for +25 profane spell power and +30 profane PRR. With 2 weapons and the belt (minor artifact) already in the set I had hoped the cloak could also be fitted with the 5 piece set but it doesnt seem so, and I could not fit 2 regular items to get the bonus.
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

The forum is starting to appear less alive than the game itself when it comes to constructive debate.

Community Member

Default More defense???

Hi Mikarddo

You know i usually play a druid. I recently changed my gear to be more defensive and i am glad i did. It takes a little longer to kill stuff but i don't take as much damage.

Here is my new priority of that build:
    Defense - ac, dodge, prr, mrr, saves, displacement, ghostly
    DC of spells
    Damage of spells

I don't know if it is possible but maybe you could try to fit some more prr - artifact or profane - instead of elders. maybe winters set is doable?

Also i find that the +35% more crit damage is usually not worth it. it is only 2.35/2=1.175. meaning a 17.5% increase but only to crits which maybe as high as 66%. I know you can do the math. Also crit damage only applies to one kind of damage. sonic, electric, etc. But maybe it's worth it if you only have the two?

I usually say that when something boosts all spells its good. if it only boost one spell type i have to have good reasons for using it. But i also use cold, lighting and force, so it might be different.

I got tired of dying and that's why my priority changed.

Just some ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultinoob View Post
    Hi Mikarddo

You know i usually play a druid. I recently changed my gear to be more defensive and i am glad i did. It takes a little longer to kill stuff but i don't take as much damage.

Here is my new priority of that build:
    Defense - ac, dodge, prr, mrr, saves, displacement, ghostly
    DC of spells
    Damage of spells

I don't know if it is possible but maybe you could try to fit some more prr - artifact or profane - instead of elders. maybe winters set is doable?

Also i find that the +35% more crit damage is usually not worth it. it is only 2.35/2=1.175. meaning a 17.5% increase but only to crits which maybe as high as 66%. I know you can do the math. Also crit damage only applies to one kind of damage. sonic, electric, etc. But maybe it's worth it if you only have the two?

I usually say that when something boosts all spells its good. if it only boost one spell type i have to have good reasons for using it. But i also use cold, lighting and force, so it might be different.

I got tired of dying and that's why my priority changed.

Just some ideas.
    Thank you for the input.

You have a good point that gear is often a compromise between defensive effects (e.g. 4 piece Winter set) or offensive effects (as I have gone with here).

Ghostly and Displacement drop in effect with higher reaper though which is worth keeping in mind unlike PRR and Dodge.

You are also correct that spell crit damage is only good with high spell crit chance and I agree with your math. I still think its worth the item slot though but as noted at a cost of more defensive skills. Adding up Ash (up to 21%), Vuln (up to 20%) and 35% Spell Crit Damage extra (on top on 15% legendary from Elders and 25% frin Scion feat) hopefully does make a difference - as long as I can stay alive
    Last edited by mikarddo; 07-21-2022 at 06:20 AM.

I tried to fit in IoD set as well (as you could drop other common profane spell focus gear like onyx), but like you I could not make it work.

No quality con?

Set seems pretty good I think. What is the 2nd set from your gomf?

My Lv 30 gear for my spell singer - not totally optimized - but has me in a decent place...
    Working on filling augment slots to round out stats..

Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Quote Originally Posted by voxson5 View Post
    I tried to fit in IoD set as well (as you could drop other common profane spell focus gear like onyx), but like you I could not make it work.

No quality con?

Set seems pretty good I think. What is the 2nd set from your gomf?
    I couldnt really fit in quality con. If you have an idea that does not sacrifice something of greater value I am all ears.

On my sorc I am using a dual set bonus GMoF with Elders + Burning Sands which lets me use Dragon Armor for Dripping while getting +6% fire crit from Burning Sands. I did look for something similar for the bard setup but didnt find anything I cared to use as a second bonus - so after 26 rerolls and 2600 threads to even get Elders I stopped rolling. If you have an idea for a 2nd set bonus from GMoF that would be worthwhile and the gear setup to utilize it I would be happy to hear about it.