Default Epicsoul's Build Depository

Welcome to Epicsoul's build depository!

I occasionally get asked specifics about the builds I play, but historically have done a poor job of documenting my builds. This thread is an attempt to correct that. Below, one can find links to guides for the builds I am running currently. I haven't finished all the guides, so more will be added in the near future. Going forward, I will attempt to maintain the build files for those I am playing.

As I transition off of builds and onto new ones, I will move old build files to the archived section; these will not be updated, and I will provide little assistance with old builds. Also, the builds are intended for veteran players focused on high-end content. If you're looking for advice on low character investment builds or new player builds, I am not the best resource.

Why should you follow this advice? I play at the most difficult level of the game where optimizing characters is crucial to success: Reaper 10. I do things like 7-man R7 Killing Time and R10 Lord of Blades for fun. DDO is simple to play, but complex to master and this guide will provide you the build, gear and insight to be a high performing player.

Current Builds

• Epicsoul (45 Heroics, 42 Racial, 48 Epic, and 21 Iconic Past Lives | 158 Reaper Points): Bubtnuk Tank Build
    • Omnisoul (41 Heroics, 42 Racial, 51 Epic, and 24 Iconic Past Lives | 119 Reaper Points): Indiana Thrown Build
    • Soul (34 Heroics, 42 Racial, 50 Epic, and 20 Iconic Past Lives | 100 Reaper Points): Ruin Soul Build

Archived
    Last edited by Epicsoul; 07-17-2022 at 09:48 PM.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-2022)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Tabaxi w/"Relentless Furry" (on your Cloak of the Hunter)...
    Keybreaker, Exalted Tyrants

Quote Originally Posted by Keybreaker View Post
    Tabaxi w/"Relentless Furry" (on your Cloak of the Hunter)...
    Tabaxi are indeed furry, though. Hah, thanks for the catch. Fixed!
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-2022)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

Checked out Indiana Thrown: Nice build write up. Cool flavor, nice using new items. Looks powerful and fun. Think I might go this way versus monk next time I consider thrower, tired of cloth and low MRR on Monk.
    Please consider the environment before printing this post

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    Checked out Indiana Thrown: Nice build write up. Cool flavor, nice using new items. Looks powerful and fun. Think I might go this way versus monk next time I consider thrower, tired of cloth and low MRR on Monk.
    It's a fun build. In the past, monk thrower had the benefit of speed, and it still does. However, Tabaxi helps a lot with it's sprint boost.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I have.

Community Member

Default haste boost?

No haste boost from vistani? is that due to animation speed on throwers?

Quote Originally Posted by philoe View Post
    No haste boost from vistani? is that due to animation speed on throwers?
    Correct. Thrower animation is capped without haste boost.

For that Warlock build, you suggest it's capable of high single and AOE target damage.

Single target via Ruins I get.

I'm a little skeptical at high AOE ... ? Does cone really do that much damage vs traditional caster AOE?

Update the Warlock guide to make corrections in the gear augment slots and make a few enhancement changes:

1) Dropped Eldritch Ball (T5) and Eldritch Focus (T1)
    2) Picked up Faltering Blast and Penetrating Blast for the extra 1d6 pact dice, though I don't use the stances.
    3) Picked up Mass Confusion for the extra utility.

Thanks Rhinoceross for the review and tips.