Community Member

Default How did I just lose 6 character slots ?!

I am supposed to have 27 character slots (that I bloody well paid for) and have had for years ; I had them less than 2 days ago , I checked my account and am still premium however in game it greys out Argonessen (and probably Wayfinder) claiming I only have 21 .

I have paid for those slots and I want them returned !
    I've noted that ticket response and customer service are operating below par (by the companies' own admission) so I'll start here then .

Your company has made a lot of money off Me since 2006 and I've put up with a lot of bugs and screw-ups without making a fuss but I won't tolerate having 6 slots per server (48 in total) and the toons that use them which I have also spent money on taken .

Kindly return My lawfully purchased character slots and I want each toon and their gear (all of them) intact too boot .

Community Member

VIP grants 6 extra character slots over Premium. So my guess would be your VIP subscription expired somehow.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    VIP grants 6 extra character slots over Premium. So my guess would be your VIP subscription expired somehow.
    According to My account (https://myaccount.standingstonegames.com/home.php) I'm still premium .
    The sub is automatic also last I checked and I got no email about rejected card etc .
    Last edited by othername; 07-13-2022 at 04:36 AM. Reason: never kiss your dog whilst it's sneezing

Quote Originally Posted by othername View Post
    According to My account (https://myaccount.standingstonegames.com/home.php) I'm still premium .
    The sub is automatic also last I checked and I got no email about rejected card etc .
    There are three "tiers" of account privileges - Free to Play, Premium, VIP.
    Premium is not the same as an active VIP subscription, it just means you're not fully FTP because you've spent money at some point in the past.

I would suggest checking the status of your VIP subscription despite the lack of any notification regarding its expiration. There have been issues with expired cards and such in the past.

"Premium" is not "VIP".

If it says Premium, something when wrong w/ your VIP account. Might be a card/payment issue, but rarely an account "hiccups" and drops down a tier for no apparent reason - Premium to F2P, or VIP to Premium.

If that's the case (here or w/ a Reader in the future), don't panic - it happens, Cust Service recognizes both that it happens and that when it does it's a priority to get it resolved, so if you contact them nicely with all the details they usually get it sorted in a couple business days.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by xCataluna View Post
    There are three "tiers" of account privileges - Free to Play, Premium, VIP.
    Premium is not the same as an active VIP subscription, it just means you're not fully FTP because you've spent money at some point in the past.

I would suggest checking the status of your VIP subscription despite the lack of any notification regarding its expiration. There have been issues with expired cards and such in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    "Premium" is not "VIP".

If it says Premium, something when wrong w/ your VIP account. Might be a card/payment issue, but rarely an account "hiccups" and drops down a tier for no apparent reason - Premium to F2P, or VIP to Premium.

If that's the case (here or w/ a Reader in the future), don't panic - it happens, Cust Service recognizes both that it happens and that when it does it's a priority to get it resolved, so if you contact them nicely with all the details they usually get it sorted in a couple business days.
    I'll go to the bank when it opens then and see if they screwed anything up . Banks have been behaving odd lately .

Edit : It was another company taking funds (for a service I had cancelled some time ago) that caused the account to be too low .

I'll sort it out when My pension comes through next week . Sorry for the bother .
    Last edited by othername; 07-13-2022 at 08:43 PM.

I'll go to the bank when it opens then and see if they screwed anything up . Banks have been behaving odd lately .

Edit : It was another company taking funds (for a service I had cancelled some time ago) that caused the account to be too low .

I'll sort it out when My pension comes through next week . Sorry for the bother .
    Glad that you at least got it figured out

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Oxarhamar View Post
    Glad that you at least got it figured out
    Yup , but in a plot twist it seems they tried using an old cancelled card (it was one of those "oh noes :data breech , but totally not through the bank We promises" stories if I remember ; it was a while ago) instead of the current one that I've been using to buy points and expansions for a while now .

I'd guess it was when they had one of those "the ingame store has to lay down for a moment" episodes that the system reset which card was in use . Turns out that on the day I had sufficient funds and the account only dropped below that 2 days later .

I may not have any teeth left , but I can still count if I put My glasses on