Community Member

Smile DDO Item Database - Tool to search for items

Greetings,

Have you ever been trying to build out a gear set for a character but just don't know what abilities and bonuses are available on which items in which slots and where you might find them ?

You could use the the Wiki, but doing a search that way on the wiki can be a little clunky.

So, I have written program where you can just type "Charisma" into a search box and all items that have "Charisma" in their abilities are returned. Want Quality Charisma? Then type that in.

You can also filter by Item Slot (any select multiple slots), Item Level, Item Name, Set Name and - if it's held in your hands - the type of weapon (Dagger, Club etc) or off-hand (Orb, Shield, Rune Arm etc).

For the data source, I'm currently taking the XML files that come from Maetrim's builder, I've parsed them and made a SQLite database that can be queried. Because of that, only items from level 20 and up (in general) are supported.

For the UI, it's not the prettiest program ever written, but it gives me what I need and I'm pleased to share it with the community in case someone else finds it as useful as I do.

What this program is:
    * A simple item search tool - it's a reference to find what items have the stats that you're looking for while planning what to farm for.

What this program is not:
    * Gear set builder
    * Character builder

There are other tools that do those things.

Here's the link to my Google Drive to get it: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...uf?usp=sharing

To install it, unzip the file and install it anywhere you want, keeping the directory structure that's in the zip file. The program will look in a folder called "Data" underneath the folder that has the program executable in it. In that folder, there needs to be a file called ddoitems.db.

I will verify that it runs on Windows 10 (because that's what I developed it on).

If anyone has any feedback or improvement suggestions, I'll see what I can do. Bug reports are always welcomed.

I hope you find it as useful as I do.

Hi sj,

I downloaded it and tried it.

Pro:
    Easy procedure, easy to work with, no bugs so far. (Win 10)

Con: There is nothing new compared to the gear planners already existing. It is practically just a list of items I can easily look up in the wiki or compendium.

Cheers,
    Titus.
    Playing since 2010 | Don't do the fun wrong | New to Orien? Join the ingame Titan Channel | Soko Irrlicht freut sich immer über neue Mitglieder | Deutscher DDO Discord | Orien Raiding Discord | Toons: Titus Ovid , Bruder, Upload, Zzed, (Rubbel)

Community Member

Thanks for the reply and feedback.

I hadn't found anything else to show me what slots had a particular stat on it (but then I admit I hadn't tried them all).

Had found some that would show you everything that was in a certain slot, but you'd have to go checking each slot to find items that had the stat you were looking for on it.

So yeah, nothing particularly new and innovative here, but I wrote it mainly for me, prettied it up a little and released it for others to use if they want

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Different tools for different people, in different situations. Also nice to have in case the wiki(s) are offline for some reason.