Default Produce Flame Targeting

Is there any way that the Produce Flame spell would be fixed in a future update so it doesn't require you to be hard targeting something in order to hit it? Auto target doesn't seem to function for it, as when I cast it while auto targeting something it just shoots directly in front of me and hits nothing unless something is point blank in front of my face.
    Chaotic Good but in real life

Signed.

This has always been one of the most annoying things about the druid. It is one of your low level survival spells but next to impossible to use at low levels. And at higher levels you have things that are so much better. The need to hard target with it always seemed off to me.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    If one of them falls off a cliff, it ain't their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by Melkazar View Post
    Signed.

This has always been one of the most annoying things about the druid. It is one of your low level survival spells but next to impossible to use at low levels. And at higher levels you have things that are so much better. The need to hard target with it always seemed off to me.
    I mean at the very least make it follow the target that you're hard targeting, right?
    Chaotic Good but in real life