Community Member

Default Very Frequent Game Crashes in Isle of Dread

I can't play the Isle of Dread Content because my DDO client crashes every 1-5 min everywhere in Isle of Dread. This does not happen to me anywhere else in DDO. I added RAM to my computer and it did not help. I'm running an ASUS GeForce GXT 1660 video card which should easily be able to handle the graphics load. The crash completely kills the client and dumps me back to Windows. I can relog immediately, and it usually puts me right back in the quest where I left (often dead because I was in the middle of a fight). I went back to Saltmarsh and Ravenloft and played for hours with no crashes. Back to Isle of Dread and I can't stay connected for more than 2-3 minutes. I bought the Ultimate Fan Bundle and was looking forward to enjoying the new content.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Try going to
    Options
    Advanced Graphics
    Disable Environment Stencil Shadows.
    Last edited by JOTMON; 06-26-2022 at 05:27 PM.
    Argo: Degenerate Matter - 200
    Jotmon (HC 34/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 12/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 116/158)
    Jotlock (HC 38/45 , RC 25/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 75/158)
    Whatthetruck (HC 38/45 , RC 42/42 , IC 15/21 , EC 51/51 , RP 111/158)

Community Member

Default Toggling off my game sound fixed my problem

Thank you for the link to the other thread. After reviewing 2 pages of posts, I found a solution that worked for me. Cordovan posted a message that they think it is an audio issue. I toggled off my game sounds, and I stopped crashing. I've been able to run all the quests in Isle of Dread with no crashes as long as I leave my sound toggled off. If I toggle it back on, I crash within a few minutes.

I hope they can get it fixed so I can enjoy the game with the sound turned on

5. 07-28-2022, 05:35 AM