Default All Hail the King bug?

Not sure if this was a bug or if we did something wrong, but in All Hail the King there is a hidden cave that you need Dispel Magic to get through. Inside there is a cave where the DM says you are "suddenly attacked from above by raptors." However, nothing ever dropped, and try as we might we couldn't get any raptors to show up. I assume fighting them drops what you need to continue in that area, and we were unable to proceed.

I assume this means bug, but wanted to see if anyone else got a different result somehow.
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Same thing happened to me in my first playthrough yesterday. Couldn't find the 2nd crest anywhere. Based on the DM narration I'm guessing raptors should have spawned and then the crest should have dropped after taking them out. But since nothing spawned, no crest. But I have only played the quest once so could be wrong. I am also guessing this is a bug unless I missed something. But didn't see anywhere else to find the crest in that optional area.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Same thing for me. DM text, no raptors dropping from above, no second crest.

I did find the other underwater passage to the really big dinosaurs and that extra chest.
    Last edited by Frogger1234; 06-23-2022 at 10:00 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    Same thing happened to me in my first playthrough yesterday. Couldn't find the 2nd crest anywhere. Based on the DM narration I'm guessing raptors should have spawned and then the crest should have dropped after taking them out. But since nothing spawned, no crest. But I have only played the quest once so could be wrong. I am also guessing this is a bug unless I missed something. But didn't see anywhere else to find the crest in that optional area.
    There are no crests in the dispel cave. I didn't have dispel when I did it (and thus did not enter the dispel cave) and found the crests. There is one quest that required searching a hidden door to progress, but I'm not sure if it was a DC door or not. It didn't light when I first ran past with ~90 search. It did light with ~110. BUT, I might not have been close enough the first time. Second time I was scouring walls.

Community Member

I think there must be a display bug because the name of the quest doesnt show as "Hail to the King"

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    There are no crests in the dispel cave. I didn't have dispel when I did it (and thus did not enter the dispel cave) and found the crests. There is one quest that required searching a hidden door to progress, but I'm not sure if it was a DC door or not. It didn't light when I first ran past with ~90 search. It did light with ~110. BUT, I might not have been close enough the first time. Second time I was scouring walls.
    Perhaps the crests have some randomization in their locations. On Lammania we found one crest in the water section beyond the dispellable door. We also encountered the DM narration but nothing happening bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    All Hail the King
    Loved the dispel illusionary door but quest would not check off the explore underwater passage, could not find second crest, no raptors to fight although DM message said they jumped out at us. The first time we fought the TRex, hubby on a ranged character was on one side of the battle space and Scythemaw was chasing me around a stand of bamboo? on the other side of the battle space then let out a roar... a roar that one shot hubby on the opposite side of the encounter space. ? How large a hit-zone/range does this roar have? Otherwise I liked the map and enjoyed this quest well enough. About the right length although it didn't seem like there was quite enough to do.
    My comment was left on the 9th of June, on the Official Lammania forums which they do assure us they read every comment.
    Blood Scented Axe Body Spray (Thelanis)
    Aelonwy - Wydavir - Metaluscious - Aertimys - Phantastique - Kaelaria - Lunaura - Aelurawynn - Saurscha - Crystalorn - Aurvaeyn - Vaelyns - Wyllowynd

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Perhaps the crests have some randomization in their locations. On Lammania we found one crest in the water section beyond the dispellable door
    I recall swimming to a crest after searching the hidden door. It could be that there are two routes, similar to how fey/windmill has a dispel door and a search door.

It would be unfortunate if the search has a DC, though. That would block progress to anyone without dispel or search. From what I've seen, trapping is more common than finding a caster that happens to have dispel and even there I'm often the only one in a raid that can trap.

Break Enchant is fairly common, but if they did the dispel like fey/windmill, it requires the actual "Dispel" spell, not Greater Dispel, Break Enchant, or MD.

Traveler of the Skies
    Minotaur Annihilator

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    I recall swimming to a crest after searching the hidden door. It could be that there are two routes, similar to how fey/windmill has a dispel door and a search door.

It would be unfortunate if the search has a DC, though. That would block progress to anyone without dispel or search. From what I've seen, trapping is more common than finding a caster that happens to have dispel and even there I'm often the only one in a raid that can trap.

Break Enchant is fairly common, but if they did the dispel like fey/windmill, it requires the actual "Dispel" spell, not Greater Dispel, Break Enchant, or MD.
    A ML10 dispel wand worked in LH. Though my char is an artificer, so the effective level may have been higher.

Of course, I only had the wand the second time I ran the quest, specifically to see if it worked. I have not tried any of the other types of dispel scrolls.