Post Ice Alchemist questions

What are the current "meta feats" for ice alchemist? I see some folks taking the studies feats while some don't. I find it hard to believe it is the meta element but I am open to new ideas. My issue is taking plane of water over plane of earth for the loss in essential DC's for Alchemist as well.

Thank you in advance!
    Last edited by Jibcutter; 06-19-2022 at 02:18 PM.
    Jibcutter- Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jibcutter View Post
    What are the current "meta feats" for ice alchemist? I see some folks taking the studies feats while some don't. I find it hard to believe it is the meta element but I am open to new ideas. My issue is taking plane of water over plane of earth for the loss in essential DC's for Alchemist as well.

Thank you in advance!
    Not certain if by "meta feats" you're talking about meta magic feats, Alchemist class feats, or the Scions / legendary feats. I'm going to assume you're talking about the Scions since you specifically mention plane of water and plane of earth.

On my ice alchemist, I talk Scion of the Plane of Water. Sure, Earth gets you +2 DCs and 20 PRR, but you're giving up 20 MRR, 200 SP, 10 cold spellpower and 15% cold crit damage. The spellpower is a minor consideration, but if your crit chance is fairly high the extra 15% crit damage is significant. I don't find the extra 2 DCs from plane of earth to matter much, everything still seems to hit just fine.

If you find that your DCs are impacted by taking Scion of Water of Scion of Earth, maybe you should consider swapping over to an Acid Alchemist? The DPS will be a little less, but still very good, and then you'll have the extra boost to your transmutation and conjuration DCs.

~Mystickal