Default Avast Antivirus Reports DDO Launcher as Virus - Locks Up DDO

The newest update is causing my Avast Antivirus to block the launch of DDO. It is claiming the launcher is infected with a virus. The actual wording is: "THREAT BLOCKED. We've blocked dndbrowserhelper.exe because it was infectied with IDP.Generic." It gives the option to Quarantine the file or to create an exception.

DDO is locked up until the choice is made. If you choose Move to Quarantine, the game will not start. You need to click on More Options and then Create Exception. Once you do that, the game will start.
    If you have your DDO program as full screen, the Avast window may be hidden behind the game screen. The game will not progress until you create the exception.

For SSG: Here is a link to submit to Avast to get this stopped: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

I have reported the game file as a false positive, but I think it would help speed things up and cause fewer people to have to deal with this if SSG contacts AVG to deal with the issue.

Message from Avast dated 6/14: Thank you for reporting this false positive.
    We have now cleared its reputation in our database based on the findings and removed the detection. This change may take up to 24 hours to take full effect. Please accept our apology for the inconvenience caused.

Community Manager

Thank you for this report.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordDunmore View Post
    The newest update is causing my Avast Antivirus to block the launch of DDO. It is claiming the launcher is infected with a virus. The actual wording is: "THREAT BLOCKED. We've blocked dndbrowserhelper.exe because it was infectied with IDP.Generic." It gives the option to Quarantine the file or to create an exception.

DDO is locked up until the choice is made. If you choose Move to Quarantine, the game will not start. You need to click on More Options and then Create Exception. Once you do that, the game will start.
    If you have your DDO program as full screen, the Avast window may be hidden behind the game screen. The game will not progress until you create the exception.

For SSG: Here is a link to submit to Avast to get this stopped: https://www.avast.com/false-positive-file-form.php

I have reported the game file as a false positive, but I think it would help speed things up and cause fewer people to have to deal with this if SSG contacts AVG to deal with the issue.
    I want to thank you because my AVG did the same thing and I had to make an exception.