Community Member

Default Zero life, human, vanguard, pally.

As the title says, I'm looking for a human pally build. Found one but it mentioned adding extra turn undead as enhancements and just got confused. I'm am missing something or is those builds just out of date?

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderIllusion View Post
    is those builds just out of date?
    Since there are many scores of Pali builds on the forums, no idea which one(s) you're referring to.

Got a link?

Community Member

That was a great list when it came out and most of those builds are still solid. Some few can be slightly improved, and another few do suffer from having had significant changes to their trees. Best rule is that if you find something older than "the last couple/few months", post it on the forums to make sure.

As for this one, I'll be honest - if I don't run that particular build, it's getting to the point where I have a hard time keeping track of which builds have been affected by updates in the last6 years and which are the same as they always were - hopefully someone who knows Pali's will chime in.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I recently posted this list but realize I didn't include any Vanguards. I do have a PDK Vanguard which can be retrofitted for regular humans; either STR- or CHA-based depending on whether you have Feydark Illusionist.

Endgame Vanguards are about to get a boost from the new level 31 Weapon Specialty feats in U55. tl;dr summary: use an ED feat to gain the benefits of 3 regular Combat Style feats. E.g., level a paladin with the THF feat chain, then at level 31 take Shield Mastery Specialty to also gain the same benefits as the Shield Mastery feat chain. Or vice versa: I haven't figured out the best way of using these feats yet. For a feat-starved build like paladin tanks, it should help out. Of course, you'll have to get to level 31 first...
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Thx guys/girls/in between for the help, i will work something out.

Community Member

Been testing the PDK vanguard by Unbongwah but i use a vanilla human instead since i don't have access to PDK or the Assimar. This makes me lose one feat, so the question is which of the feats below would you skip?

Shield Mastery, Improved Shield Bash, Two Handed Fighting, Improved Two Handed Fighting, Improved Critical: Slashing, Greater Two Handed Fighting, Precision or Improved Shield Mastery.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

For efficient leveling, I would recommend focusing on the THF feats first and using 2H weapons like falchions or greatsword with Holy Combatant ("You gain Greatsword as a Favored Weapon"). You can fill in the other feats when you have spare slots.
    After Update 55 goes live, whether or not to take the Shield Mastery feats while leveling will depend on whether you plan to go all the way to level cap with this build / life, in which case the aforementioned Shield Mastery Specialty level 31 Epic Destiny feat will be available.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Community Member

Ok thx i start off with thf then and focus on those feats, Thx for the input.