Exclamation MAJOR Trailblazer alchemist bug DEVS PLEASE READ

Hey all, I thought up a spicy build using the new trailblazer with alchemist and when I go to use the wave of poison Tier 3 in vile chemist, the character does the animation for wave but doesnt actually cast the spell for damage purposes and the animation of the poison itself sprays from a point around 5 feet in front of me instead of from my hand and then just keeps waving their paw in a loop of the animation and stays at casting run speed and cannot take other actions unless I abort the process by tumbling, this essentially breaks the character and makes it literally unplayable unless you tumble out of it. Race is tabaxi iconic, male, 1monk, 1 rogue, 12 alch, 1 rogue. if any other info is needed to investigate or anyone else notices weird bugs feel free to post here

It seems theres also some hiccups with using a quarterstaff in vile chemist. using the poisoned strike has a wind-up animation of like a half second-a second before it does the attack, and then it does not trigger the crimsonite spell flag if you interrupt the animation at the end, that is to say, if you use the attack while in combat and perform more attacks after the poisoned strike, it wont trigger as you will be doing the animations for the rest of the attack chain; but if you click the poisoned strike, wait for the full animation of the attack to complete and hands go to your side it will have the red crimsonite animation on each hand as they come back to your side (note i say at your side, but this is in your fighting stance where you are poised to strike or have enemies nearby, not at your side after walking in noncombat)

Community Member

The regular male Tabaxi has the same issue with Wave of Poison - stuck in endless animation loop if you cast the spell. Please submit a bug report on it. There was a forum post on this one earlier, but the more info we can give the devs, and the more people that report it, the more likely it gets prioritized into being fixed soon.

The problem does just seem to be a male Tabaxi problem, so if you change to a female Tabaxi instead, Wave of Poison should work.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty_Good_Old_One View Post
    The regular male Tabaxi has the same issue with Wave of Poison - stuck in endless animation loop if you cast the spell. Please submit a bug report on it. There was a forum post on this one earlier, but the more info we can give the devs, and the more people that report it, the more likely it gets prioritized into being fixed soon.

The problem does just seem to be a male Tabaxi problem, so if you change to a female Tabaxi instead, Wave of Poison should work.
    This bug is fixed in the current Lamannia (getting it into those notes now), and should be included in Update 55. (Possibly sooner, if we end up patching before that).
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Thanks!
    That is great news.