Community Member

Default Requesting Help on ASF issue

Hi,

PROBLEM: Bard Splash seems to allow casting with light armor, no asf penalty; Warlock splash does not seem to work...

Playing around with a few ideas for Hardcore season 6 and thought about a ranged Alchemist.

Built a [lvl 7 variant test] of Alchemist 16/Bard 3/Rogue 1 thrower and had no ASF problems with light armor, BUT then decided to build a Alch 18/Arti 1/Warlock 1 Inquisitive (can be changed to thrower later). In theory, the second variant is stronger, but I can't understand why the ASF persists with Warlock splash when Bard splash worked as expected.

Can anyone confirm this is a known issue please?

FYI, I used same armor for both (Fey light Lotus Mail) and tried unequipping and re-equipping it on Warlock version. -10% arcane spell failure is still showing.

I wanted 1 lvl of Warlock for both the light armor and the shield spell.

THANKS!

EDIT: further testing; Warlock splash is the problem

Rolled two level 7 Sorcs, one Sorc 6 / Bard 1, the second Sorc 6 / Warlock 1. Equiped light armor on both. Bard variant bypasses ASF for Sorc spells, Warlock variant does not.

As I posted below, I have raised a ticket and will share feedback from SSG.
    Last edited by Gnominal_Aphasia; 05-24-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnominal_Aphasia View Post

FYI, I used same armor for both (Fey light Lotus Mail) and tried unequipping and re-equipping it on Warlock version. -10% arcane spell failure is still showing.

I wanted 1 lvl of Warlock for both the light armor and the shield spell.

THANKS!
    Are you actually experiencing ASF or do you just see the 10 percent remaining?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mindos View Post
    Are you actually experiencing ASF or do you just see the 10 percent remaining?
    Both unfortunately; tested using both Curative Admixture and Displacement Draught and they fail as expected about 10% of the casts.

I've submitted a Ticket to SSG and will share their feedback.
    Last edited by Gnominal_Aphasia; 05-24-2022 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnominal_Aphasia View Post
    Both unfortunately; tested using both Curative Admixture and Displacement Draught and they fail as expected about 10% of the casts.
    Bard and Warlock ASF benefits only function when casting bard and warlock spells, respectively. You were trying to cast alchemist spells.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kayze View Post
    Bard and Warlock ASF benefits only function when casting bard and warlock spells, respectively. You were trying to cast alchemist spells.
    This is not [completely?] true. Both characters are currently lvl 8, both wearing light armor with 10% ASF:

(1) Alch 4 Bard 3 Rog 1: Sleep Powder (Alchemist spell) works fine,

(2) Alch 6 Arti 1 War 1: Sleep Powder shows [and has, tested] 10% ASF.

Whether Bard splash is functioning as intended, or Warlock is, I don't rightly know; my understanding was that both Bards and Warlocks suffered no ASF in light armor (not including shields) which would seem to logically indicate that any Bard or Warlock splash should allow Alchemists, Sorcerers and Wizards to use light armor (without specialization into EK for sorcs and wizards). I am hoping that SSG will confirm status of bards/warlocks when they reply to my ticket.

EDIT... did further testing; see OP above.
    Last edited by Gnominal_Aphasia; 05-24-2022 at 11:18 AM.

Default pact?

What pact is the warlock and is it turned on?

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

The bug is that bards should only be able to cast their own spells in light armor without ASF; the effect is not supposed to be transitive to other arcane casters. But now that you've brought it to SSG's attention, I'm sure they'll work tirelessly to make sure it's squashed.

Thanks a lot, dude.

Two alternatives are pick an elf race for Arcane Fluidity or equip a Sapphire of Spell Agility after level 12.
    Semi-retired Build Engineer. Everything was better back in our day. Get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    The bug is that bards should only be able to cast their own spells in light armor without ASF; the effect is not supposed to be transitive to other arcane casters.
    ^This. Bard is apparently bugged in your favor.