Community Member

Default Build request : dps fire druid (glass cannon)

Hi, we do a static party and are about to TR into an all druid party. (bear tank, wolf melee, ice cc caster, and me a fire dps).
    I've read gingerspice, and watched strimtoms druid spell review.
    Looking for a build that more fits my need of fire dps.
    We typically do R6-8 content.
    I have access to raid gear, not trying to min max, but I am trying to do more dps than needed for solo survival etc.

Thanks.

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finn42 View Post
    Hi, we do a static party and are about to TR into an all druid party. (bear tank, wolf melee, ice cc caster, and me a fire dps).
    I've read gingerspice, and watched strimtoms druid spell review.
    Looking for a build that more fits my need of fire dps.
    We typically do R6-8 content.
    I have access to raid gear, not trying to min max, but I am trying to do more dps than needed for solo survival etc.

Thanks.
    Yeah, my guildmate has been running a fire nuker druid through our R6/R8 runs and raids these last 2 months. We went 17 Druid with 2 Favored Soul and 1 Sorcerer to maximize on crit chance but pure druid should work fine as well. Tiefling works well for extra fire crit, which is what we did, but Aasimar or Shifter will get you higher DCs. For destinies, Tier 5 Exalted Angel combined with Tier 4 Draconic worked really well, since Holy Fireball and Dragon Breath outclass every other spell. For gear we used the Flamecleansed set alongside a 2-piece Elder's and 2-piece Autumn for extra spellpower/crit chance/crit damage.
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceOfAsphodel View Post
    Yeah, my guildmate has been running a fire nuker druid through our R6/R8 runs and raids these last 2 months. We went 17 Druid with 2 Favored Soul and 1 Sorcerer to maximize on crit chance but pure druid should work fine as well. Tiefling works well for extra fire crit, which is what we did, but Aasimar or Shifter will get you higher DCs. For destinies, Tier 5 Exalted Angel combined with Tier 4 Draconic worked really well, since Holy Fireball and Dragon Breath outclass every other spell. For gear we used the Flamecleansed set alongside a 2-piece Elder's and 2-piece Autumn for extra spellpower/crit chance/crit damage.
    Do you have a feat / enhancements list ?

also I ma not sure if to use the new % crit set, or just go wisdom/spell power filigrees ?

thanks.

I like the idea of the tiefling.

Community Member PrinceOfAsphodel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Finn42 View Post
    Do you have a feat / enhancements list ?

also I ma not sure if to use the new % crit set, or just go wisdom/spell power filigrees ?

thanks.

I like the idea of the tiefling.
    Yeah. I'm not very tech savy, otherwise I would just upload an image of the enhancement pages. I'll type out what I have.

Our feat list in order is: 1 Maximize, 3 Arcane Initiate, 6 Quicken, 9 Empower, 12 Mental Toughness, 15 Heighten, 18 Improved Mental Toughness, 21 Wellspring of Power, 22 Epic Spell Power Fire, 24 Embolden, 25 Epic Spell Power Light, 27 Epic Mental Toughness, 28 Epic Spell Power Positive, 30 Intensify, 30 Scion of the Plane of Fire.

Most nukers nowadays use a pretty similar set up, focusing on metamagics + spellpoints as well as stacking epic spell power feats for maximum crit damage. The weakness we're left with is that there aren't any spell focus feats for extra DCs. I haven't heard of people having issues landing spells but it's definitely something to keep in mind if you don't have a complete gear set with all your DC and stat bonuses.

Enhancements are 17 in Tiefling, 39 in Season's Herald, 13 Feydark Illusionist, 7 Angel of Vengeance, and 6 in Fire Savant. I don't remember if I already mentioned this is a 17/2/1 build. It works just fine as pure druid, you would just have more points in Season's Herald and probably Feydark Illusionist. This particular version tries to maximize crit chance.

For filigree sets, 4-piece Eye of the Beholder and double raid wisdoms fils are non-negotiable in my eyes, but the rest is up for debate. Four piece Otto's is nice for the set bonus but it doesn't have wisdom fils. Lunar Magic does but the DC bonus isn't as efficient as Eye or Otto's. The flexibility is nice though, since you can run a 5-piece set or just a 3-piece. I like Dragonsoul as well for the crit damage, and the cooldown reduction is actually not too bad. I've always been interested in fooling around with the Elemental Avatar set for the individual 1% crit bonuses but I think it's just barely too inefficient to compete against the other options. I've spoken to many other nukers, many of whom are better than me, and they all seem to agree on that.
    Princze/Dazneus of Cannith