Default Has recent fix for Flame Strike bug buffed damage?

I get doing no damage was a pretty major bug for a while but I don't know whether I just didn't notice before but Flame Strike seems to be doing far more damage than it should do now?

Shaagh's Helm quest - Elite , Hob Gob Cleric Champ hit me for 188 damage - bear in mind this a level 3 base quest. I had 15 fire resist but still ended up at -50 hp from 157 (was already damaged from other Hobs)

Also, the Cleric had no line of sight of my character, he was - at the time - the other side of the room leading down to the two bridges with stake traps on them, while I was the other side of the door , in the water....completely unsighted. I had no clue the cleric was even there.

If that had been a party instead of me soloing, I think that would likely have been a party wipe, which seems just a little over the top for a difficulty level that's less than 1 skull reaper.

Is this intended?

My guildmate and I were noticing this as well. He's a pally, and had been almost one-shot in every quest that a Flame Strike has been thrown at him (I'm a ranged rogue, so they are not really using it on me as much). That's with full ship buffs, 36 fire resist, and multiple past lives and reaper points. Something has changed. This spell is MUCH more deadly than it was a few weeks ago.
    Sartika, Leader of The Red Scare, Cannith Server
    Alts: Noalynn - Kenzari - Vren - Kreena - and many others

Recent tests have shown that the enemy version of Flame Strike only takes into account Evasion. Even if you have 9001 Reflex Saves and No Fail on 1 (Epic Reflexes), if you do not have Evasion as well, you take the full damage. NO damage is reduced at all by saving. Which means Flame Strike does full damage always to players unless if you have Evasion.

It's sort of a twisted version of the old Cyclonic Blast, where Evasion doesn't work, but Reflexes would reduce it. Here, Evasion works, but the important part (Reflexes reducing damage by half) does not happen at all.

J1NG

:: edit ::

Below we see we were dealt 28 Fire Damage after 20 was blocked (48 roughly) and 35 Damage (Bane) AFTER making the Reflex Save

Below we see we were dealt 28 Fire Damage after 20 was blocked (48 roughly) and 36 Damage (Bane) AFTER FAILING the Reflex Save

So we can see the damage before and after, whether you make the Reflex save or not, is the same.
    Last edited by J1NG; 05-23-2022 at 10:02 AM. Reason: Edited in images
    Thelanis: Yijing (*Completionist* TR 20 Aasimar Scourge Monk Level 20 / Epic Level 10)
    Thelanis: Pocket-Monks: Sightblur, Peashoote, Jigglypath, Jedinja.
    Invisible Fences, unkillable Target Practice Dummy's, Shared Bank's, Pale Lavender Ioun Stones, the dimensional barrier between Eberron and Shavarath, I've broken them all...

Community Member

There are several active threads on this issue. Hopefully one of them will catch a dev's eye.