Community Member

Unhappy VIP Subscription Cancelled???!

Why has my VIP account been cancelled? Account details are correct and unchanged from February's payment. I tried to log on after about two/three weeks only to find I no longer have an active VIP account and that it apparently was cancelled on the 12th of May?

I do not understand why it is so difficult to spend money with DDO... it's like they really really do not want my money.

My online banking system is super unusable in regard to verifying the stupid little deduction they apparently introduced as verification method as well. I can only shake my head in utter frustration at DDO's apparent unwillingness to profit from me.

I have no idea how I am to regain my account if my banking system does not sync with their security system, and my suspicion in regard to the helpfulness () of support, based on my last inquiry into an issue, gives me very little hope that this issue is going to be reversed, even though they created the problem.

First, don't panic.

It's either a payment hiccup, or a code hiccup, either of which can be easily corrected. (Probably in about the time it took you to post here... )

If the latter, it happens on occasion, and is usually corrected in a day or so.

First step is to send a polite note to Customer Service, see what they know.

GL (but you pro'ly won't need it)

Very common issue over the years is an expired credit card. Maybe your CC has changed to a newer expiration date?
    CEO - Cupcake's Muskateers, Thelanis
    Collectibles

Community Member

Default Hiccup, Stickup... lol

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    First, don't panic.

It's either a payment hiccup, or a code hiccup, either of which can be easily corrected. (Probably in about the time it took you to post here... )

If the latter, it happens on occasion, and is usually corrected in a day or so.

First step is to send a polite note to Customer Service, see what they know.

GL (but you pro'ly won't need it)
    Sadly many hours later no luck... I have to admit, polite may have escaped me... pithy more like. I have been a bit frustrated lately. Been trying to throw money at them for a bit to no avail. Apparently they just don't want it lol.

Can't help but worry that I have to re-register. Which with my bank could become super complicated.

Community Member

Default If only...

Quote Originally Posted by cdbd3rd View Post
    Very common issue over the years is an expired credit card. Maybe your CC has changed to a newer expiration date?

I wish. Not that lucky.

Community Member

Unhappy Day 2. Status quo remains the same

Quote Originally Posted by 1Nightbird View Post
    Why has my VIP account been cancelled? Account details are correct and unchanged from February's payment. I tried to log on after about two/three weeks only to find I no longer have an active VIP account and that it apparently was cancelled on the 12th of May?

I do not understand why it is so difficult to spend money with DDO... it's like they really really do not want my money.

My online banking system is super unusable in regard to verifying the stupid little deduction they apparently introduced as verification method as well. I can only shake my head in utter frustration at DDO's apparent unwillingness to profit from me.

I have no idea how I am to regain my account if my banking system does not sync with their security system, and my suspicion in regard to the helpfulness () of support, based on my last inquiry into an issue, gives me very little hope that this issue is going to be reversed, even though they created the problem.
    Remaining calm. No word from support yet.

Remaining calm. No word from support yet.
    You're going to have to be VERY patient.

Customer Support, the last time I checked, was running 2 to 3 months behind in resolving tickets. This was due to HUGE backlogs of ticket submissions.

Hopefully, they've gotten to at least the point of categorizing all tickets such that account/payment problems have been moved up higher in the queue priority.

If that hasn't been done, you might, indeed, have to wait a full two or three months to have your request looked at and addressed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Default Day 3. Air grows thinner...

Nary a word via support.

Community Member

Default Isn't it awesome though...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    You're going to have to be VERY patient.

Customer Support, the last time I checked, was running 2 to 3 months behind in resolving tickets. This was due to HUGE backlogs of ticket submissions.

Hopefully, they've gotten to at least the point of categorizing all tickets such that account/payment problems have been moved up higher in the queue priority.

If that hasn't been done, you might, indeed, have to wait a full two or three months to have your request looked at and addressed.

I suspect the same. Apparently me wanting to throw money at them is a stretch too far.

This is something of a mis-statement.

CS definitely has diff priority tiers for diff submitted problems, and important ones (can't play, lost VIP, etc) usually get resolved a day or three.

It's not if you read the entirety of my post.
    The release notes themselves are essentially the same as was seen on Lamannia most recently.
    This^, in so many words, is how you say time and feedback on Lamannia are wasted.

Community Member

Unhappy Day 4. Chest is getting tighter...

CS definitely has diff priority tiers for diff submitted problems, and important ones (can't play, lost VIP, etc) usually get resolved a day or three.
    On day four, this seems to belie your optimistic defense. Still no word from support. Only comms to date has been auto-response generated upon initial logging of ticket.

On day four, this seems to belie your optimistic defense. Still no word from support. Only comms to date has been auto-response generated upon initial logging of ticket.
    Highly unlikely that you'll hear from CS on a Sunday.

C'mon man!

Community Member

Red face Day 5. Gasping... vein ticking.

Highly unlikely that you'll hear from CS on a Sunday.

C'mon man!
    Lol... indeedy... still, 4 comes before 5. As the account was surreptitiously cancelled 12 May... it is in reality a much longer non-action period.

Business as per usual today, status quo remains the same. Fact remains that one would think where finances are concerned, it would be prioritized. Undoing the account changes generally involves ticking a box. Happiness ensues all round and were I a smoker...

Community Member

Unhappy Day 6. Vein throbbing... a sob escapes.

Still no word from support. I be sad.

For purposes of accuracy. Account cancelled 12 May. Ticket logged 19 May. Now I wait.

Community Member

Unhappy I now am driven to drink.

So support has finally come back to me. Mare's of mare's... I must resubscribe. Apparently even though I have been playing VIP since late 2000's with no issues whatsoever, I... me... did not select auto renew... 15+- years later and I DID NOT re-select auto subscribe. Mind blown.

Community Member

Exclamation Sorted. No thanks to Support.

So support has finally come back to me. Mare's of mare's... I must resubscribe. Apparently even though I have been playing VIP since late 2000's with no issues whatsoever, I... me... did not select auto renew... 15+- years later and I DID NOT re-select auto subscribe. Mind blown.
    Called the bank and got it sorted. Not too keen on being blamed for the glitch by support, when it so happened to coincide with their extended downtime. I renewed the subscription. I quietly do ask myself though if this is actually worth it. I have never held great truck with people who deflect their in-competencies on others. I will go away into the night again... quietly reassessing my life's choices lol.

Thanks for the company, interest and feed back Arkat.

Yep.

Glad you got it all sorted out.

Glad you got it resolved so quickly. My son is coming up on 15 months without support. Once they found out he was autistic, they quit talking to him altogether. We had to file a lawsuit (and are still waiting).