Community Member

Default Alchemist and Doubleshot

Does doubleshot affect thrown vials while wielding a sceptre and orb? I.e. if I throw a multi-vial would the doubleshot have a chance of procing? I ask for three reasons

1) Doubleshot applies only to ranged and thrown attacks and alchemists are meant as a hybrid thrower
    2) Alchemists get a vial for doubleshot
    3) I have not seen any thrown weapons that offer spell bonuses (indicating they are not really to be used by spell casters).

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by VanCowboy View Post
    Does doubleshot affect thrown vials while wielding a sceptre and orb? I.e. if I throw a multi-vial would the doubleshot have a chance of procing? I ask for three reasons

1) Doubleshot applies only to ranged and thrown attacks and alchemists are meant as a hybrid thrower
    2) Alchemists get a vial for doubleshot
    3) I have not seen any thrown weapons that offer spell bonuses (indicating they are not really to be used by spell casters).

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.
    1) Doubleshot has never been know to affect spells. "Thrown" or otherwise.
    2) Doubleshot will affect your thrown "Dart" Vials, such as the Gloaming Philter or Immortal Sun Flask.
    3) It is strange that there isn't a "Simple Thrown Weapons become implements in your hands" enhancement in Vile Chemist. Presumably the reason for this is that Alchemists are expected to weird Orbs, which also grant an implement bonus to spellpower.
    Last edited by Artos_Fabril; 05-16-2022 at 05:56 PM.

Community Member

Are you referring to returning thrown weapons or regular thrown weapons?

The other thing is that Arcane Oil in Bombardier says that all equipped weapons are considered spellcasting implements.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunning View Post
    Are you referring to returning thrown weapons or regular thrown weapons?

The other thing is that Arcane Oil in Bombardier says that all equipped weapons are considered spellcasting implements.
    Throwing weapons (I try to stay out of melee range as much as possible. As Mr Myagi says "best defense... no be there"

Thank you... I actually had not noticed that before. Time to rethink my weapon and shield now.