Thread: Iconic Sorcerer

Community Member

Default Iconic Sorcerer

Do you like iconic sorcerer and what race you prefer?

In brief, only if you have +1 (or better) Heart of Wood.

Sorcerers are strong, and regardless the race (but some races are better). And starting at 15 is a good thing too, avoids a lot of the lowbie blues.

However, all players agree that, going to 30*, the sorcerer capstone is critical - and without a +# Heart of Wood to change the starting class, an Iconic is going to be 19/1 at best - painfully flawed.

(* If only going to 20 and reincarnating immediately, it's doable, altho' many would consider just the suggestion heresy. )

If you had to (and without a HoW), the Tiefling Scoundrel as a fire sorc' might be the best of the bad options. It has some solid boosts to Fire, and Bard can help a little, but without Improved Scorch it's a far cry from the Heroic Tiefling race.

But overall, without a HoW... even the "best" option is still a bad one. :/

(If you wanted to see how a Lvl 14(+1) Sorc plays, the Sun Elf has some gear that helps, so straight out of the box that can work for that purpose.)

o https://ddowiki.com/page/Tiefling_Scoundrel
    o https://ddowiki.com/page/Iconic_Heroes#Summary

If you had a +1(+) HoW that you were willing to invest, this becomes a diff discussion...

Community Member

I did my 3 sorc lives as a 19/1 Tiefling Scoundrel to avoid said lowbie blues. It was certainly powerful enough (because it's a sorc) but as always the caveat comes with the difficulty of content you're doing. For me I did 90% R1 and the rest maybe R3. Job done, rinse and repeat. If I were to stay at cap and want to do harder content I'd definitely want to be 20 sorc. Maybe Deep Gnome would have been better to get the extra feat from wiz level?

Quote Originally Posted by Isillion View Post
    Maybe Deep Gnome would have been better to get the extra feat from wiz level?
    And 3 utility spells which Sorcies are short on (and a 1 AP Invis) - yep, possibly. Not sure if those make up for the drop in Fire Spellpower, but another to consider.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Dog View Post
    In brief, only if you have +1 (or better) Heart of Wood.

(* If only going to 20 and reincarnating immediately, it's doable, altho' many would consider just the suggestion heresy. )

i want to know how your reincarnate at 20! as an iconic!

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    i want to know how your reincarnate at 20! as an iconic!
    It's easy when you post before the coffee kicks in.

I was speaking generally, not specifically about Iconics, but yeah, shoulda clarified that.

Default weird, no reputation giving possible

I can't give rep to any post in this thread. Weird. Only see the report button.
    Im gonna report all these posts... for being awesome!

Community Member

Sure, Ironic Half-Orc Sorc...

Oh wait you want an Iconic...