Community Member

Default Anyone else having an issue with Ruined Keep: The Sunset Ritual

I completed this challenge last night (Orien Server), all objectives, the Spell Ward was glowing, the chests appeared, and the enemies disappeared. I waited a couple of minutes and when I went to Recall out, I got that "Quest not Completed" message. So I waited a couple more minutes and tried again, same message.

Anyone else having an issue with this Challenge?

Same problem also for me: yesterday it did not complete, but today I tried again and it worked. Then I've done ruined keep azure skyes and great tree defenseless without problems, but got stuck on great tree the great tree.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Portibraf View Post
    Same problem also for me: yesterday it did not complete, but today I tried again and it worked. Then I've done ruined keep azure skyes and great tree defenseless without problems, but got stuck on great tree the great tree.
    My Sunset ran fine, but Defenseless bricked on me.

I've heard force-quitting/logging back in can sometimes get the completion to trip; so if you're at the point where you're going to recall and call it a day, might as well give that a try.

Quote Originally Posted by rabidfox View Post
    I've heard force-quitting/logging back in can sometimes get the completion to trip; so if you're at the point where you're going to recall and call it a day, might as well give that a try.
    Thank you! This worked flawlessly.
    "It is better to deserve honors and not have them than to have them and not to deserve them."
    - Mark Twain

Community Manager

This is an old thread with a new reply, but I would just mention that I ran these within the past few weeks without issue. If people are still encountering an issue, let me know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Default ABout 1/3 of the time

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is an old thread with a new reply, but I would just mention that I ran these within the past few weeks without issue. If people are still encountering an issue, let me know.
    It bugs at the very end about 1 in 3 times for me. All stars show as completed, but it doesn't complete/award xp ingredients. Last time for me was a few weeks ago (haven't run it since then).
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.

It does still happen. The objective about keeping the priest up or alive or whatever does not complete. I was on an alchemist so nothing got anywhere near him. Ran it again with no problem however, so I am not sure what is causing the problem.
    What do you mean a -6 armor class is no good anymore?

Baldric, Mulray, Tirimon, Clant, Melkazar, Dorakeen, Blastium
    If one of them falls off a cliff, it ain't their fault.

As of a month ago, definatelly still happening. It just doesn't happen EVERY time. It also happens in ring of fire, possibly others too.
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

as of 2 weeks ago yes definitly still bugs out. sunset ritual most recently but both challenges at the keep and the great tree have failed to complete at one point or another
    Elemo - Patorikku - Happyfruit - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TPICKRELL View Post
    It bugs at the very end about 1 in 3 times for me. All stars show as completed, but it doesn't complete/award xp ingredients.
    This is also my experience. It seems to correlate with small lag spikes and have hypothesized that lag prevents the game for checking for completion of the objectives at the 0.00 mark, the only time it does so.

I just had this happen right now at dryad cove: defenseless. All stars show as achieved, timer has ended, I can talk to the tries but no enemies spawn and no xp has been given. There is only the 'recall' option and no 'finish' option.

Thankfully, it was at defenseless which is the shortest! Thus I'll go do the arena ones now relying on statistics of repeat
    Bought my first dungeon master's guide in 1992. My favourite part of ddo is coffee and slayers

We have some potential fixes in the works for the Ruined Keep Ritual challenges.

We're starting to look at the Dryad Grove ones, and could use a little more information: Could someone who has run into this issue let us know which objective(s) remain on-screen and uncompleted when this bug happens? I assume it's the "Build Up Enough Life Energy" objective, but want to be sure we're not missing something else.

Thank you!
    We don't only build for the builds that exist.
    We don't only build for the builds that are good right now.

The fact that some changes are necessary is not diminished by the fact that other necessary changes have not happened yet.

Community Member

Default The Great Tree

Tonight, the Great Tree challenge broke. Time just ran down to zero and then nothing.
    We had all 5 stars but time went to zero and then just disappeared without giving us the finish.

this broke on me just now. I logged out and back in and got completion. Before doing so, this was the screenshot situaiton:

Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

usually happens to me once a life or so on a random one. appreciate the force quit possible solution! will try to remember to try that if i remember when i get back to those.

just did Fight to the Finish, all opts, finished, no rewards or option to leave. Logged out and in, it finished for me but did not give me any of the crafting materials.

Really disappointed in this continuing issue.
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

Community Member

Default Happen again 2023-04

Still happening on both quests :/