Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nickodeamous View Post
    (if you are at it, why not include GH told the mix of point 1 above...kinda has it, but you have to explore to open).
    Yeah I don't run GH. I think I've done it maybe 4 times? Now adays with content I don't have to navigate a tricky maze to experience, I'll probably never touch the pack again.

Default Back to Airship

Quote Originally Posted by Paragoons View Post
    I know that there was a plan to get VIPs or some purchase option to give teleportation to dungeon entrance. Its been a few months since I've played with friends and would be interested in returning if they add the dungeon teleport idea they had. Hate running to dungeon entrances. Worst most unenjoyable content part especially after u have dozens of lives.
    How about a clicky to take you back to your airship directly?
    Now I go to Sharn - run around the corner and go to my ship...
    Sarlona - Guildmaster - Brotherhood of Redemption - ddoborguild.com - 2016 & 2017 Players Council --- Alts: Acetylene, Antimematter, CNG, Dilithium Crystal, EMF, EMPulse, Exothermic, Geothermal, Hexane, Hexyne, Hydropower, JA, Kerosene, LPG, Natural Gas, Nuclearpower, Propane, Solarpannel, Tidalpower, WASOB, Waulter, Windpower, Woodpile

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have some weird specific tech limitations when it comes to how and when we can teleport a player to a quest entrance, which is the main reason this kind of idea has not been able to be pursued further. At some point I'd expect us to do something as a big quality of life improvement, but when and what remains unclear.
    I think "weird specific tech limitations" are the fundamental building blocks of DDO <3 <3

If we can't have teleports, can we have more complete tooltips for all quests? For instance over Servants of the Overlord there might be a tooltip containing Felnis' location on the minimap and a blurb that says "This is the second quest in the Menace of the Underdark: Web of Chaos story arc and quest chain. You need to complete The Lords of Dust to flag for it. The following quests are The Spinner of Shadows and Beyond the Rift. Completing these quests will allow you to access Eveningstar in the Forgotten Realms." Same deal with quests in out-of-the-way places like Tangleroot ("To access these quests, visit Wransyl of Vedykar in the northwest corner of House Phiarlan.")

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Propane View Post
    How about a clicky to take you back to your airship directly?
    Now I go to Sharn - run around the corner and go to my ship...
    This would also be cool.

Or make the currently store-only single-use airship beacons available for plat. Lot's of options there.

Community Member

1 "hub" that teleports you directly to the quest, where "said" quest giver resides. (feywild and saltmarsh need this).
    Maybe Feywild and Saltmarsh could have a guide who ports you to the middle of the wilderness. Saltmarsh could port you on the pathway two islands south of the Overgrown Cottage, Feywild could have two (up in the winter valley and in the tree village above the swamp).

We have some weird specific tech limitations when it comes to how and when we can teleport a player to a quest entrance, which is the main reason this kind of idea has not been able to be pursued further. At some point I'd expect us to do something as a big quality of life improvement, but when and what remains unclear.
    ^
    really?
    (translation - they lack actual game engine programmers)

Might be easier to teleport INTO a dungeon directly instead of trying to teleport
    to the door outside.

Tech limitations like being unable to just do whatever Ravenloft did? If you need someone to just get you coordinates for a good teleport spot for quests I have a couple days off coming up...
    Mains - Messam, Indalecio, Mozenrath, Quackerjack.

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    ^
    really?
    (translation - they lack actual game engine programmers)

Might be easier to teleport INTO a dungeon directly instead of trying to teleport
    to the door outside.
    Or they don’t want to dedicate the time to it because obviously they built it in for Ravenloft

It would require building for each quest but would be a big improvement

I was hoping the HOH would turn out to be a quest hub like this but no

I would like to see something like Ravenloft for anything added after Ravenloft.

1 "hub" that teleports you directly to the quest, where "said" quest giver resides. (feywild and saltmarsh need this).

In addition, lets let people redbox sharn so we can get more grouping for just business and chain 2.

Those 2 things would be very nice. (if you are at it, why not include GH told the mix of point 1 above...kinda has it, but you have to explore to open).

Thanks,
    Nico
    And add a teleport from ship to the stupid grove and back.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fatherpirate View Post
    to the door outside.
    This would be preferable, given the ongoing loading screen issues. The fewer loading screens we can get the better.

Community Member

Teleport guys like in Ravenloft, for every wilderness zone, would suffice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Roonfizzle View Post
    Thank you for responding. I had some feedback I wanted to provide to this thread (in support), that may be worth considering, should the technical limitations get resolved. I fully understand that due to the above statement, this is much less likely to happen.

I suggest the following addendum to the premise "VIP's can warp directly to quest entrances". Give every new account a (1 week/month) free trial for the VIP perks, particularly this one, that can only be used in the first (week/month/quarter) of an accounts existence.

I know from my personal DDO experience, that there have been MANY times, I've looked at a LFM, and gone "I don't know that quest, and more importantly, don't know HOW to get there, or if there's flagging I'm missing, so I'm going to pass on this LFM that otherwise would be in the right level range."

Having a "Warp to Party" feature, might REALLY help the new player experience, by eliminating ONE of the major hurdles facing every new player.
    Absolutely, I sometimes don't join a party when the quest is deep in a wilderness and I don't know if I can make it there before they finish the quest. And sometimes I literally can't join if I don't have the prequest and you can't reddoor.

DDO is a very low population game, it can't afford ANY anti-grouping mechanics like these. That joining for Xp for most quests is only worth it if you have all of first time, bravery, daily is something that should be looked at too, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Jerevth View Post

As for the concern about it further separating groups: Limiting to VIP perks- VIP is supposed to be all about the perks. Let the players decide for themselves whether to wait or dive into the quest before the non-VIPs arrive. the desire to limit what a VIP account can accomplish so that it doesn't detract from group experience is a slippery slope. VIP is supposed to have perks that make the game faster. Should we take away the bonus xp since it breaks up player groups due to level difference? There will always be disparity between accounts- PLs, finding the golden horseshoe, buying/ winning the faster mount, having port keys, having the teleport/G TP spell, etc...
    I can tell you now that most people will not wait . And while it does already occur– this feature would only grossly exacerbate the problem. Such is the state of DDO. For whatever reason– a large number of people play this game like gaining XP as fast as possible is the most important thing in life. The "consummate" DDO player even shirks playing with their own friends, or *gasp* family members, if it means they will have to forego their mushy cushy Bravery Bonus or Reaper XP. Yes I've seen this happen. It's truly astounding.

Furthermore, I utterly disagree with the premise that VIP's feeling a "bit more perky" is of greater importance than the health of the game at large. I think after the mini expansion debacle– this issue of VIP worth has been brought up frequently. And I can totally understand it, and have put forward some suggestions myself toward rewarding VIPs a little bit more. But I do think in the process– folks have taken for granted all the things VIP does give that they've been benefiting from all this time. I mean– considering how much the focus of DDO is XP gain and past lives– the bonus XP is reason enough for some people to subscribe, I'm sure. As a VIP– you do get quite a bit more than that though. And yes that bonus XP gain can be a bit of a stumbling block in static groups where people out-level each other. But at least it's workable currently; with Premiums and F2P players needing to do several more quests and maybe some Wilderness wandering to keep pace. Which is why when the topic of improving VIP comes up, and people suggest even more XP for VIPs– I am wholeheartedly against it.

This is about more than just XP though. The play experience for people joining late and not getting to partake in the fun of actually playing the game– and not merely being a vessel for XP– will be impacted for the worse. It's already bad enough that new players have had to deal with this for years. Exhibit A: https://forums.ddo.com/forums/showth...-game-is-dying. And this is but one anecdote from countless others. I certainly don't want this to become even more common. Quite the contrary.

Now if you gave VIP party leaders the option of teleporting a party member(with their consent) to them in public zones– that would be more of a win for us all.

-----------------------

It's mainly the quests that are in Wilderness Areas that are of concern, I imagine. We have teleport scrolls/clickies, airships, and faster move speed in public zones, for the rest. Though we do have mounts now too, which definitely help. I do want to reiterate that I think it's very important to have Wildernesses, and quests scattered within them, for a whole host of reasons. The variety of environments, and the aforementioned immersion, being a few of these. I think it's kind of epic running through these expanses. Like the first time scouring the Sands of Menechtarun. Or traversing the Subterrane and encountering Garomol. That definitely evoked some awe. The issue is they don't really provide these same feelings for many of us the hundredth time through. I would rather the focus be on improving the concept of Wilderness Areas, as a whole. This can be done in a few ways. Namely:

-Ensuring unique named loot in every Wilderness chest.
    -Including rare collectibles, exclusive to these regions.
    -Improving the XP from completing Slayer/Rares/Explorers across the board.
    -Making it so that discovering all the explorers in a map allows you to then teleport to the dungeons within them for the rest of that life.
    -Making it like some regions where completing the quest(that life), at least once, allows you to teleport to it the next time.
    -Adding more random encounters to each Wilderness that give one of: XP, loot, unique augments, mats, collectibles, or lingering buffs.
    -Adding an Achievements system to the game; where hunting certain Rares would fulfill some of the tasks.
    -Adding World Boss type encounters in Wildernesses(providing that the lag monster is quelled, of course) as a sort of global raid for the server.
    -Give VIPs Fast(er) mounts with increased speed and special armour that prevents getting 'Harried".

These are just a few things that come to mind. It will provide a boon to players of all types and make the trek through the wilds something to look forward to, rather than endured.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    To me, "teleport to dungeon instance" is just laziness. Instant gratification.
    What does instant gratification mean, we are playing a video game for fun.
    There is artificial difficulty and repetition that literally ins't fun. I can turn off my monitor, did I make it more difficult? Yes is it more fun, I guess for u it is
    such a lazy argument

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLexi View Post
    Sorry: Not signed.

While it might seem like a good idea on the surface– in practice: it will lead to a discrepancy within groups, as Premiums and F2P players lag behind. And as we all know – DDO players don't often hang around for others to arrive before beginning the quest. So you'll end up with a bunch of players joining late and hardly participating – if at all. And I'm sure many of us have also witnessed people completing the quest before everyone has entered(not even accidentally, in some instances!). Well, prepare for that sort of thing to occur at a higher frequency, should this proposal come to fruition.

I also don't think it's such a bad thing that certain dungeons are sometimes a little bit out of the way; providing there's a compelling world-building reason for why that is the case. I think it adds to the immersion. That's important and I hope it's not lost on the devs.
    Why not allow free to play players to buy it for 30k coins or obtain it as a drop. Also the argument is super bad, free to play already lag behind.
    Your proposal is to what? just never start quests? You can also join in for the next quest...

The world-building reason is valid but once you have done it a dozen lives can u just not do it? It's not immersive its annoying I don't feel more immersed.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Roonfizzle View Post
    Thank you for responding. I had some feedback I wanted to provide to this thread (in support), that may be worth considering, should the technical limitations get resolved. I fully understand that due to the above statement, this is much less likely to happen.

I suggest the following addendum to the premise "VIP's can warp directly to quest entrances". Give every new account a (1 week/month) free trial for the VIP perks, particularly this one, that can only be used in the first (week/month/quarter) of an accounts existence.

I know from my personal DDO experience, that there have been MANY times, I've looked at a LFM, and gone "I don't know that quest, and more importantly, don't know HOW to get there, or if there's flagging I'm missing, so I'm going to pass on this LFM that otherwise would be in the right level range."

Having a "Warp to Party" feature, might REALLY help the new player experience, by eliminating ONE of the major hurdles facing every new player.
    Why not just allow people to open the instance difficulty and enter screen instead of teleport to wilderness it would save so much server resources

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLexi View Post

Now if you gave VIP party leaders the option of teleporting a party member(with their consent) to them in public zones– that would be more of a win for us all.
    That is a brilliant counter proposal. I love this idea.
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12