Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Any news on VIP or option to teleport to dugeons enstance ?

I know that there was a plan to get VIPs or some purchase option to give teleportation to dungeon entrance. Its been a few months since I've played with friends and would be interested in returning if they add the dungeon teleport idea they had. Hate running to dungeon entrances. Worst most unenjoyable content part especially after u have dozens of lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Paragoons View Post
    I know that there was a plan to get VIPs or some purchase option to give teleportation to dungeon entrance. Its been a few months since I've played with friends and would be interested in returning if they add the dungeon teleport idea they had. Hate running to dungeon entrances. Worst most unenjoyable content part especially after u have dozens of lives.
    I don't know if that was ever planned. I know I read about it as a suggestion on the forums, but I think technically it might be a bit difficult for DDO with the way it handles instances.
    I primarily play Zunzyne Siegemaker, and am the guild master of Ares Macrotechnology on Ghallanda.
    Reaper Experience Calculator: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...ewE/edit#gid=0 (out of date as of U42.4, needs testing for new values)

Community Member

I'd sub for this ability. I hate some of the wilderness zones so much there's quests I've never even ran.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by CSQ View Post
    I don't know if that was ever planned. I know I read about it as a suggestion on the forums, but I think technically it might be a bit difficult for DDO with the way it handles instances.
    They tried to add it years ago as when they added the public group option (it was supposed to also teleport people to the entrance when they joined). They never got it to work right at the time and I haven't heard anything about it since.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post
    I'd sub for this ability. I hate some of the wilderness zones so much there's quests I've never even ran.
    Haha pretty much this, I despise running around and just watching horse screen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Eantarus View Post
    /signed.. Im sure a lot of people would sub for this ability. If the devs were truly looking for something to entice people to sub, this is it.

Community Member Alrik_Fassbauer's Avatar

To me, "teleport to dungeon instance" is just laziness. Instant gratification.
    "You are a Tiefling. And a Cleric, with the Domain of the Sun. Doesn't that contradict each other ?" "No, all my friends are playing evil. I found that so boring that I decided to be on the good side. And, besides, Sun and Fire, where is the difference, really ?"

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alrik_Fassbauer View Post
    Cancel and run. You can hold down shift to walk all the way there also .

Make sure to pick a route that’s uphill.

Community Member

I take it you don't ever use the teleport function for Ravenloft quests, right? Because that would be just laziness. Instant gratification.

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

I don't believe there has ever been a plan or any kind of commitment from SSG to do this, rather it was just one idea tossed around briefly in one of the wednesday livestreams where cordovan was talking with sev.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    They tried to add it years ago as when they added the public group option (it was supposed to also teleport people to the entrance when they joined). They never got it to work right at the time and I haven't heard anything about it since.
    They should forget the teleport into the wilderness and simply open the quest panel and teleport you directly into the quest. As a bonus it will save CPU cycles by not creating a wilderness zone that will not be played. VIPs should be able to do this from the quest panel.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by ahpook View Post
    They should forget the teleport into the wilderness and simply open the quest panel and teleport you directly into the quest. As a bonus it will save CPU cycles by not creating a wilderness zone that will not be played. VIPs should be able to do this from the quest panel.
    Good idea, probably extra wilderness instances and aggroed mobs could cause lag. Could do wilderness instances like quest doors and have a drop down menu for the quests so you can enter directly.

Or give all wildernesses a teleport guy, free to VIP (with no requirement of having run the quest before, because it wipes on TR)

Sorry: Not signed.

While it might seem like a good idea on the surface– in practice: it will lead to a discrepancy within groups, as Premiums and F2P players lag behind. And as we all know – DDO players don't often hang around for others to arrive before beginning the quest. So you'll end up with a bunch of players joining late and hardly participating – if at all. And I'm sure many of us have also witnessed people completing the quest before everyone has entered(not even accidentally, in some instances!). Well, prepare for that sort of thing to occur at a higher frequency, should this proposal come to fruition.

I also don't think it's such a bad thing that certain dungeons are sometimes a little bit out of the way; providing there's a compelling world building reason for why that is the case. I think it adds to the immersion. That's important and I hope it's not lost on the devs.

Getting through a wilderness while pots are burning, or with a limited schedule to run quests doesn't seem to qualify as "laziness". Anyone who can run a quest associated with the wilderness, can handle the creatures in that wilderness, but some slayers aren't worth the time, or the slayer is capped.

You are certainly qualified to judge your own decisions as laziness.
    However, you're qualifications plummet the moment you look beyond your own belly-button. Naval Gazing

As for the concern about it further separating groups: Limiting to VIP perks- VIP is supposed to be all about the perks. Let the players decide for themselves whether to wait or dive into the quest before the non-VIPs arrive. the desire to limit what a VIP account can accomplish so that it doesn't detract from group experience is a slippery slope. VIP is supposed to have perks that make the game faster. Should we take away the bonus xp since it breaks up player groups due to level difference? There will always be disparity between accounts- PLs, finding the golden horseshoe, buying/ winning the faster mount, having port keys, having the teleport/G TP spell, etc.

Marketing-wise; VIP should introduce a little peer pressure for others to pick it up for the sake of convenience, no?
    Besides that, the bracelet of friends might see an uptick in sales to bring the rest of the party to the VIP's location.

VIP should bring perks that introduce minor convenience- bypassing a wilderness or simply jumping straight to a dungeon would be a convenience. It doesn't create a paywall, the others are able to traverse the distance using other available means to reach the same destination. The game doesn't impose a lock-out (Unless someone leaves the quest) so start the quest and the rest will get in shortly after.

This isn't a "break the game" idea that. LFMs are up, people join all the time. The ones who started have usually already entered the quest by the time another player joins. This is along the same lines- The rest of the group can reasonably catch-up in most cases. (Eveningstar's High Road is an exception unless the latecomers have the Northern campsite discovered or drop astral shards).

I like OP's idea.

/signed
    Last edited by Jerevth; 05-12-2022 at 10:57 AM.
    In all posts: Assume I'm just providing a personal opinion rather than trying to speak for everyone.
    *All posts should be taken as humorously intended and if you are struggling to decide if I insulted you; I didn't.

Community Manager

We have some weird specific tech limitations when it comes to how and when we can teleport a player to a quest entrance, which is the main reason this kind of idea has not been able to be pursued further. At some point I'd expect us to do something as a big quality of life improvement, but when and what remains unclear.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter YouTube
    Join us on Twitch!
    Hello from Standing Stone Games! Facebook Twitter
    For Support: https://help.standingstonegames.com

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We have some weird specific tech limitations when it comes to how and when we can teleport ... but when and what remains unclear.
    Thank you for responding. I had some feedback I wanted to provide to this thread (in support), that may be worth considering, should the technical limitations get resolved. I fully understand that due to the above statement, this is much less likely to happen.

I suggest the following addendum to the premise "VIP's can warp directly to quest entrances". Give every new account a (1 week/month) free trial for the VIP perks, particularly this one, that can only be used in the first (week/month/quarter) of an accounts existence.

I know from my personal DDO experience, that there have been MANY times, I've looked at a LFM, and gone "I don't know that quest, and more importantly, don't know HOW to get there, or if there's flagging I'm missing, so I'm going to pass on this LFM that otherwise would be in the right level range."

Having a "Warp to Party" feature, might REALLY help the new player experience, by eliminating ONE of the major hurdles facing every new player.

We have some weird specific tech limitations when it comes to how and when we can teleport a player to a quest entrance, which is the main reason this kind of idea has not been able to be pursued further. At some point I'd expect us to do something as a big quality of life improvement, but when and what remains unclear.
    which is why i suggested to not teleport to quest entrance but to open quest panel and take the character directly into the quest. Skip the extra teleport entirely. There may be an issue when the character leaves the quest and ends up in the wilderness (ie they haven't triggered the required pre-requisites/wilderness objectives) but I would assume that can be detected and the user kicked all the way back to the public area.

Well, you have "bracelet of friends" tech, maybe it's a good entry point.
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Community Member

Haha pretty much this, I despise running around and just watching horse screen
    The newer wilderness areas like Saltmarsh and Feywild aren't terrible, you more or less point the horse in the direction and go afk. (Please note that "not terrible" is still a far cry from "good", IE Ravenloft). Its the older ones like Sands and Gianthold that I simply will not run. I do NOT want to have to solve a freaking maze every time I go to run a quest.

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    Well, you have "bracelet of friends" tech, maybe it's a good entry point.
    Sell the Bracelet of Friends for plat; or give a free, unlimited-use version to VIPs. Problem solved.

The big issue with the Bracelet of Friends is its a real-money costing, limited-use item. For a great many players, no matter how rich they may be, the disposable nature of the item makes it a complete non-starter.

Community Member

I would like to see something like Ravenloft for anything added after Ravenloft.

1 "hub" that teleports you directly to the quest, where "said" quest giver resides. (feywild and saltmarsh need this).

In addition, lets let people redbox sharn so we can get more grouping for just business and chain 2.

Those 2 things would be very nice. (if you are at it, why not include GH told the mix of point 1 above...kinda has it, but you have to explore to open).

Thanks,
    Nico

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast