Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lynnabel View Post
    This is something I am seriously considering doing for the release of Update 55: Isle of Dread! I'd love to hear from you all if this would be a worthwhile endeavor. It would also include changing border colors such that heroic = blue and epic = purple across the board, leaving red for legendary. My thinking was it would help set different leveled versions of the same item apart, visually. That being said, I'd love to hear feedback on if this would be a good idea!

I think it is a good idea. But I also believe there is a need for two systems simultaneously; the first system is to visually separate items between level categories of 1-20(Heroic) and 21-40(Epic) levels. But also, in each of those level categories, there is a need to distinguish between common(grey), uncommon(green), rare(blue), Unique(purple), set item(gold), and legendary (Red?). So maybe have border colors to represent a rarity and border design heroic or epic levels.

Community Member

This is something I am seriously considering doing for the release of Update 55: Isle of Dread! I'd love to hear from you all if this would be a worthwhile endeavor. It would also include changing border colors such that heroic = blue and epic = purple across the board, leaving red for legendary. My thinking was it would help set different leveled versions of the same item apart, visually. That being said, I'd love to hear feedback on if this would be a good idea!
    Counterpoint from a wiki editor:

Pity's sake, please don't do this. Updates 48 and 50 were bad enough for our item records.
    X The Mystic's 4th Rule Of Dungeon Survival:

"No-one carves statues of frightened adventurers. If you see one, keep your eyes closed and your ears open."

This is something I am seriously considering
    I tend to think of "epic" as "close to L20"; eg. all the epic altar items that were once shard/seal/scroll. Legendary are the ones near L30. It's just flavor, though. The level is what really matters. IMHO, as long as the marking is uniform wrt. level, it will be informative. If the application of the borders is idiosyncratic and squirrelly, it will drive players nuts.

It would also include changing border colors such that heroic = blue and epic = purple across the board, leaving red for legendary. My thinking was it would help set different leveled versions of the same item apart, visually
    It already helps. It's easier to pick out gear from my Saltmarsh set from the TR cache than other sets because of the border color. Once my cache acquires more red-border gear, though, the color will become less helpful.

BTW, if you're looking for a border color adjustment that would save hours of drudgery, give trash drops with one and two augment slots different border or background colors. Currently, items with 4 lines get a light blue background. This does not help at all. If I care about the line, I care about which stats, not that it has an extra. That's for HC, though. Non-HC, I only care for "does it have 2 augment slots"? Some visual clue for that would be VERY helpful. IMHO, I'd strip the existing light blue background from 4-liners and give it to 2x augment slots.

Community Member

Being able to distinguish between heroic, epic, and legendary versions of the same item would be great. Having to hover over them is time-consuming if you have a lot of items to compare.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjond View Post
    BTW, if you're looking for a border color adjustment that would save hours of drudgery, give trash drops with one and two augment slots different border or background colors. Currently, items with 4 lines get a light blue background. This does not help at all. If I care about the line, I care about which stats, not that it has an extra. That's for HC, though. Non-HC, I only care for "does it have 2 augment slots"? Some visual clue for that would be VERY helpful. IMHO, I'd strip the existing light blue background from 4-liners and give it to 2x augment slots.
    Or add marks (dots whatever) on icon or border for each augment slot the item has.
    But any visual clue for augment slots are welcome.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123