Default Shared Bank +1000

Suggestion: Shared Bank +1000 for 4995 DDO Points

I already have all 21 Shared Bank Item Storage upgrades. And I have a different mule for every gear slot. I don't just need more space. I need the efficient sorting that is only available from the Shared Bank menu.

This isn't an issue that particularly needs to be addressed. You've basically forced 90% of the player base to use mule characters as a workaround to an upgrade that you should have been selling ten years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post

I already have all 21 Shared Bank Item Storage upgrades. And I have a different mule for every gear slot. I don't just need more space. I need the efficient sorting that is only available from the Shared Bank menu.

This isn't an issue that particularly needs to be addressed. You've basically forced 90% of the player base to use mule characters as a workaround to an upgrade that you should have been selling ten years ago.

Yes please!

(and could we get some kind of search/sort function in the TR cache?)

UDR Loot Rules:
    1) No griefing people for pulling loot that dropped in their name
    2) When rolling, classes for which the item is "useful" get +10 to the roll
    example: Wiz and Barb both roll on a Torc, the barb saying "I'm TRing into an arcane next week"
    Wiz gets +10 on his roll

Community Member

i stopped playing once i needed to buy characters to avoid deleting stuff i spent astral shards to grind.

Community Member

Really the shared bank is out by at least a factor of 10.
    The first purchase should be 300 slots (not 30)
    and every subsequent purchase should be 100 slots (not 10)
    even then we would still need the final +1000 slot purchase at the end

P.S.
    I basically quit playing because I was too lazy to create mules (all that house K favor farming).

I now only F2P on Hardcore and delete my character at end of hardcore or on death.
    I simply stopped playing (and paying) once I ran out of inventory space and character slots.
    Didn't take very long to reach that point.
    Last edited by ForumQua; 09-28-2022 at 09:43 AM.

+1000 slots free to VIP, 4995 DDO points for Premium. VIP needs some love and this would do fine.

It wont happen though. More likely is +20 for 595 DDO points...
    Member of Spellswords on Ghallanda

I'm actually fine IF you give me as much space in my shared bank as my crafting storage.

Community Member

Sorting gear by gear slot on your bank mules forces you to log to over a dozen mules to look for gear that is inefficient usage at its core.

Sorting your gear by level allows you to

1.> unload your current gear set completely into your shared bank even if you only have 30 slots

2.> allows you to log to you next bank mule for the next level gear and dump what you want into your shared

3.> log to the lower level bank mule and unload all replaced gear keeping what ever you don't have replacements for

4.> log to your main and reset your gear and move along your way

while it is still not as good as having thousands of bank slots shared it is certainly more efficient usage both time and sorting of your gear from my experience.

after a dozen or so relogs I would certainly reboot my client as well to avoid the inevitable load screen locks, lag, and just general memory leaks that DDO suffers from

just my 2 coppers on gear sorting using mules

If you haven't noticed the bank upgrade has come at a price thus far that a few are probably not happy about, lost items, store points used, roll back and loss of quest favor on HCL, I'm sure there are more but nothing that requires a comprehensive overall is rarely pulled off without a few things going wrong especially on 16+ year old code that has not been properly maintained over the years I would guess.
    Seven Deadly Sins < Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wraith, Envy, Pride > we all suffer from sin from time to time recognizing it and stepping back away from it is what allows us to grow

Quote Originally Posted by ForumQua View Post
    Really the shared bank is out by at least a factor of 10.
    The first purchase should be 300 slots (not 30)
    and every subsequent purchase should be 100 slots (not 10)
    even then we would still need the final +1000 slot purchase at the end

P.S.
    I basically quit playing because I was too lazy to create mules (all that house K favor farming).
    This.

Character slots are 625 pts for 80 slots, with an easy farm to 120-160.
    995 pts for 100 slots would still be inefficient, yet we get 10....

I understand there may be tech limitations to the shared bank, but the constant reloggings probably cause more server lag than any potential shared bank issues.
    Thelanis

Community Member

I would love for them to implement thousands more bank storage. There is too little storage now.

Shared Bank is especially important for Gear Shifting to whichever toon you're playing at the moment. Moving say, your Sharn stuff over while other things squat in the slots is rather annoying.

Asking for 1000 slots seems like a lot, but really, aim high and let em haggle ye down. Aiming low doesn't do much but let them justify piecemeal upgrades.

Storage is key to QOL.
    NONVIOLENCE IS MY NAME. LORE IS MY GAME!