Founder & Hero
    2016 DDO Players Council

Default Thinking of playing again

It's been five years and I am thinking of playing again but probably way out of practice and don't know anyone any more.

Beware the Sleepeater

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    It's been five years and I am thinking of playing again but probably way out of practice and don't know anyone any more.
    I am in the exact same boat. I see everyone having a blast on the forums and I want to join in on the action. However, at the moment I don't even have a pc capable of running DDO the way I would like. I am not entirely sure I want to make the couple hundred dollar investment, just to have a bad, laggy experience with no one to play with. I love the game and I wish there were other games out there that held my attention for as long as DDO did, but I may not be ready to re-invest this late in the life of the game. Maybe someone can convince us to give it a go

Default To Lag or not to lag...

Quote Originally Posted by Uska View Post
    The lag comes and goes. SSG is in the middle of an assault on various sources of lags, and it is generally getting better.

There are still lots of people playing, and they gave away a lot of the old content with coupons since COVID started, so theres more folks with most of the content. They also made all the races and classes that in the base 5E players handbook F2P.

Theres still a pretty active community, and you may still have old friends around, so what will it hurt to give it a try. Worst case you can find a new guild and or make some new friends. The game has changed a lot in 5 years, and theres a ton of good content that you have never seen.

Our guild has had quite a few returning players and most of them have found enough fun that they are still playing actively.

Grubbby of Khyber
    Khyber -- Grubbby, Grubonon, Gralak, and all the gang of *grubs* in the Homeboys of Stormreach.