2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Default Axel: Tabaxi and Tabaxi Iconic - Trees, Abilities, Animations and more

0:00 Intro
    0:40 Tabaxi Basics
    5:04 Appearances
    6:33 Base Tabaxi Tree Breakdown
    13:01 Iconic Tabaxi Staff Animation
    13:24 Iconic Tabaxi Tree Breakdown
    20:00 Dance Animations

Iconic male dance doing a Tango solo strut!?!
    Wiki dashboard with some useful stealthplay links. LONG LIVE STEALTH!
    Proud Knight of the Silver Legion, Cannith: Saekee (main) and some others typically parked at some level to help guildies and other players

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Saekee View Post
    Iconic male dance doing a Tango solo strut!?!
    I have no idea what it is, but I've seen it somewhere before.

Default Kitties!

Oh, wow.

Thanks for the summary video.

One thing I'm always challenged to make with non-multiclassed Monk builds is diversity using the Monk, racial and universal trees. I've had some success at this of late and will be adding them to my new Monk guide when I'm able.

But KITTIES. The racial tree is amazing with interesting variations. Monks are already insanely fast and a Ninja Kitty would be so fast it'll complete the dang quest before it starts!
    I jest, of course, but this tree introduces a neat idea on a DEX quarterstaff build--something I've not done for a Monk because STR is the Henshin Mystic's best melee power source and many of its enhancement trees seemed to support this best. But Tabaxi racial abilities turn this around. I didn't see inherent support to add DEX to-damage as well as DEX to-hit in here but if that's supported (and it can be added through the first 2 Ninja Spy cores) it'll be a remarkably potent attacker with better damage and, I think, defense, over STR Mystics (Human and Aasimar have been my typical choices).

Fascinating in the encouragement on skills that many outside of Rogues and Monks tend to skip, like Tumble. I love this. Just because a skill doesn't aid in damage doesn't make it useless. Ninja and Mystics should be wonderful with Tabaxi, but perhaps now the Shintao, which is still a one-trick pony, can find some diversity, too.

I've not made iconics. But just because I love the backhand stance of the Iconic Tabaxi staff hold, I need to try this out.

Did anyone else catch a player in the background of Axel's video doing a Looney Tunes-seque "HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY HONEY HELLO MY RAGTIME GAL" high-kick dance?
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

Quote Originally Posted by axel15810 View Post
    I have no idea what it is, but I've seen it somewhere before.
    I recognized it immediately.

It's flamenco. Perhaps a little in-joke reference to the Dreamwork's "Puss In Boots" and voice actor Antonio Banderos, which also did a bit of a jig like this
    Editor, The Book of Syncletica 2nd Edition: An unofficial DDO Monk Guide, and Stormreach Shadows: An unofficial DDO Stealth Guide
    (Stormreach Shadows updates are in indefinite hiatus.)
    The Order of Syncletica: A DDO-flavored blog on Monks and gameplay and more

2015 DDO Players Council
    Axel's DDO Channel

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherSyn View Post

Did anyone else catch a player in the background of Axel's video doing a Looney Tunes-seque "HELLO MY BABY HELLO MY HONEY HELLO MY RAGTIME GAL" high-kick dance?
    Haha, yeah that's a Bullywug NPC in the Test Dojo. I believe the Bullywug enemies in game do that same dance if you CC them with Otto's