Community Member

Default Shiradi MM spamming 18 wizard/2fvs I have questions!

So after seeing voodoo post a Sorcerer version, and needing a Wizard Past Life (I already have a multiple past life Palemaster) I decided I would go a different direction and make an Archmage (evocation) Focused Wizard with plans to be a Shiradi MM spammer in the epics.

That being said. I went Warforged and I think my Enhancement/feat break down is solid, as its a leveling build....not planning to stay at 30 long and meant to do one thing very well: High Force Criticals and High Evocation DC's for Meteor swarm etc. Any suggestions would be helpful to improve.

The big question is: What destinies should I pick other then Shiradi? Right now I am mimicking Voodoo's build, but I am debating on whether or not to replace Exalted Angel with Magus of the Eclipse. So taking suggestions.

Heres the build (I had trouble using the builder so Everything was done by hand!)

Race: Warforged
    Alignment: Neutral

Str 10
    Dex 10
    Con 18
    Int 18
    Wis 8
    Cha 10

Skills: Repair, Spellcraft, Concentration, <Jump 10 (Balance 13)> Search, Use Magic Device. Extra Points into Balance, Then Heal.

Enhancements 80

41 Archmage
    0 Archmage Specialization: Evocation I, Specialization Evocation II, Specialization Evocation III, Specialization Evocation IV, Specialization Evocation V
    1 Spell Critical Elemental and Force (2) I, Energy of the Scholar II (4)
    2 Spell Critical Elemental and Force (2) II, Efficient Metamagic Maximize (6) 3
    3 Spell Critical Elemental and Force (2) III, Intelligence (2, Arcane Bolt 3 (3)
    4 Spell Critical Elemental and Force (2) IV, Intelligence (2), School Mastery (2) Evocation, Efficient Heighten I (2)
    5 Arcane Supremacy (2), School Mastery II (2), Secondary School Mastery (2) Enchantment, Arcane Blast 3

21 Eldritch Knight
    0 Eldritch Strike, Spell Sword, Imbue the Blade, Subtle Force I
    1 Improved Mage Armor 3, Toughness 2
    2 Improved Shield 3, Mystic Wards 2, Action Boost Spell Power III
    3 Arcane Barrier (2) Intelligence (2)

11 AOV
    0 Font of Power
    1 Scourge 3, Smiting (2)
    2 Smiting (2) Just Reward 3

7 Warforge
    0 Improved Fortification
    1 Healers Friend 3, Inscribed Armor 1, Construct Stability 2. (Swap Inscribed Armor 1 for Construct Stability 3 After 21 EK)

Level Class ASI Feat Enhancement
    1 Wiz Maximize, Mental Toughness AM0: Specialization I, EK 0 Eldritch Strike, WF0 Imp Fortification, Wf1 Inscribed Armor
    2 Wiz AM1 Spell Critical (2), Energy of the Scholar (2) 1
    3 Wiz Quicken Spell AM0 Specialization II, AM1 Energy of the Scholar (2) II Save 1 AP
    4 Wiz INT AM2 Spell Critical (2) II, AM2 Efficient Metamagic Maximize (2) I Save 1 AP
    5 Wiz Empower AM2 Efficient Metamagic Maximize (4) III Save 1 AP
    6 Wiz Extend Spell AM0 Specialization III, AM3 Spell Critical (2), AM3 Arcane Bolt 2
    7 Wiz AM3 Arcane Bolt 3, Intelligence (2) Save 1 ap
    8 Wiz INT AM4 Spell Critical (2) IV, AM4 School Mastery Evocation (2) Save 1 ap
    9 Wiz Heighten Spell AM4 Intelligence (2), Efficient Heighten (2) I
    10 Wiz Spell Focus: Evocation EK1 Improved Mage Armor 3, EK1 Toughness

11 Wiz EK0 Spell Sword, EK1 Toughness II, EK1 Improved Shield II
    12 Wiz INT Insightful Reflexes AM0 Specialization IV, AM5 Arcane Supremacy, AM5 Arcane Blast I
    13 Wiz AM5 School Mastery: Evocation (2) AM5 Arcane Blast III
    14 Wiz AM5 Secondary School Mastery Enchantment (2) EK1 Improved Shield III, EK0 Imbue the Blade
    15 Wiz GSF: Evocation, Improved Mental Toughness EK2 Mystic Wards 2, EK2 Action Boost Spell Power II
    16 Wiz INT EK2 Action Boost Spell Power III, EK0 Subtle Force I, WF1 Construct Stability 2 (Swap Inscribed Armor for 3)
    17 Wiz WF1 Healers Friends 3, Save 1
    18 Wiz Adamantine Body AM0 Specialization V Save 4
    19 Fvs AOV0 Font of Power, AOV1 Scourge 3
    20 Fvs INT AOV0 Smiting I, AOV0 Just Reward 2. (Floating Points into Smiting II and Just Reward 3. Because I know i screwed up somewhere lol)

21 Epic Wellspring of Power
    22 Epic Epic Spell Power Force
    23 Epic
    24 Epic INT Intensify Spell
    25 Epic Crush Weakness
    26 Epic
    27 Epic Epic Mental Toughness
    28 Epic INT Deific Warding
    29 Epic
    30 Epic Embolden Spell,Legendary

Epic Destinys 54/54
    Shiradi 36
    0 Fey Favor, Vision, Audience with the queen
    1 Prism, Fey Lights, Wild Magics 3
    2 Stay Good 3, Healing Spring, Emphathetic Link 3
    3 Double Rainbow, Fey Flash, Shiradi Magic: Enchantment 3
    4 Fey Form, Fey Flare, Whirling 3 (For the Incorp.)
    5 Stay till, Control 3, Mass Chaos

Exalted Angel 16
    0 Astral Touch, Deepening Faith, Angelic Charge
    1 Subtle Flame 3, Healing Piller 1
    2 Divine Protection, Saving Grace 3
    3 Angelic Spell Focus Evocation 3, Purity of Mind & Soul 3

Shadow Dancer: 2
    0 Shadow Training
    1 Cover of Darkness I

IMO, the FvS levels aren't necessary. Between the spell cost reducers in epic levels, the metamagic reducers in the heroic and epic trees, and the Archmage PrE, you're going to be sipping spell points. If mana use is still filling you with anxiety, use resplendent fury to jack up your light crit range (aka Your most common Shiradi proc) and cast Meteor Swarm (Another multi proc spell that takes advantage of the Shiradi mantle)
    Things worthy of Standing Stone going EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on.:
    • Epic and Legendary Mysterious ring upgrades, please.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.
    • Redoing the drop rates of tomes in generic and raid loot tables.

Community Member

So my thoughts with the favored soul is that the Regenerating Spell points would be useful, As I am not taking Traditionalist Caster, I more than triple the benefit of it by taking Scourge. 30 Universal Vs 10 Universal. With the Shiradi Proc's being all potential spell types I was under the assumption that Using Scourge to boost the all around Damage would be ideal. Then going into Just Cause isn't too much More. Is the 30 Universal Spell Power not as useful? I have everything I want out of Archmage, There's not much else I would use in Eldritch Knight and by taking 2 Fvs I am getting 30 Universal and regenerating Spell points Vs 5 spell slots, 2 Intelligence -1 Spell points from metamagics and +5 spell craft. Where would you suggest I move the points in AoV to?

Quote Originally Posted by Munnin2 View Post
    Where would you suggest I move the points in AoV to?
    Warforged and the Archmage capstone. Arcane Slinger is a hidden gem in the Warforged tree, and if my napkin math is correct you could get some extra hit points and PRR. Spellcraft is spell power for everything but repair, sonic, positive and negative, so there's your 30 spellpower.

Also, how many epic PLs to do you have? If you have the PLs/Tomes for it, 35+ points in Draconic (Breath Weapon, Spell DCs, the Wellspring thing and Ruin Intensified) and 21 points in Shiradi for the Mantle is another potent combo for what you're trying to do. Arcane Supremacy Stacks + Wellspring + Greater Ruin + Ruin is just good times.
    • Change the stack size of filigree in the shared bank to 50. The 5 stack makes the shared bank worthless for storing filigree in a human usable manner.
    • Fixing why I don't connect to the chat server for 5 minutes when I log into a game world.
    • Fixing the wonky Lightning Sphere and Tactical Det firing by converting them to use alchemist spell arcing.

Community Member

Working towards Completionist, 0 Racial PL's I am lacking in most caster PL's (I have druid, warlock and alchemist) I am using Wizard life to Pave the way for the rest. I have spell craft...I was layering stuff on top of it. Initially I was going to go Arcane Slinger and I have considered that I can pick up additional Defenses by going Warforged. Thank you. You have given me somethings to think about.

As for Epic Destinies? Other then Shiradi: Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Munnin2 View Post
    As for Epic Destinies? Other then Shiradi: Thoughts?
    If you have nothing for Destiny/Fate tomes or epic PLs on the character, sticking with Shiradi is fine. Getting the +3 spell DCs out of a tier 5 is important at end game. But, I had a lot of fun with the 35 Draconic/21 Shiradi on my latest wizard life. Epic destinies are a bit like cooking at this point. It really comes down to what ingredients you have on hand.

Community Member

... not sure you understand the basics of a shiradi caster if you are worried about DC...

That said, I have been rolling reaper 1 with a a lord of blades 1 pally 19 wiz.
    Provided you have good gear and attempt to maximize your crit chance you really need nothing else.

In comparison, a 1 cleric 19 wiz sun elf with a cleric pl and no great gear does a lot less damage than the other one.

Focus on ML20 gear.
    Sands set bonus, ferns set bonus, etc.
    Get some raid gear too. Epic red helm and red docent would be a great addition for any TR. And yes WF is much better than the cleric.

The cleric does remain alive with necro form and aura, for the most part.
    However the WF is just more fun to play and requires far less attention. Even when leveling up.
    The downside is that **** 4% spell failure.

Getting to epics may be more challenging with reaper mode and without past lives. Not sure. But it doesn't really matter. You can only go shiradi after hitting 20.
    Before that, you are just a cold wiz/sorc like everything and anyone if you want to solo stuff.

I recently took off the master artifice ring in lieu of epic spell ring (it has max Stat on 4 or 5 plus max sp for level 20). And a baphomet ring that pairs with goggles.
    Basically every MM I cast insta kills even reapers in R1.
    The downside is you cant be in the fray, compared to using full level 30 gear for instance. As mobs will kill you with a couple hits.
    Then again, with a chain MM the mob doesn't exist anymore, so there's that...
    Last edited by Krinoshi2; 03-31-2022 at 05:05 PM.

Community Member

Oh I guess I left out Epic Past lives...I have 7. 3x colors of the queen (such a fun toy!) 1x arcane alacrity 1x ancient blessings 1x ancient Power and 1x Doubles trike. I am doing the Shiradi precisely so I dont have to worry about DC's too much...just for Meteor swarm, I realize Heighten may not be needed...but I may find a use for it in the future So ill keep it for now. I typically ETR then TR within a day or two of hitting 30, So I dont expect to linger long.