Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default U53 Paladin Tank

Finally completed all my past lives, Racial, Heroic, Iconic and True Reincarnations. 3x everything. Here is my tank build with 156 reaper points. Can't wait for Tabaxi and the Iconic to do more past lives on this guy.

RACE: PDK

BASE STATS:
    8 STR
    10 DEX
    18 CON( All level ups)
    10 INT
    8 WIS
    18 CHA

FEATS:
    1: Shield Mastery, PDK Bonus: Tower Shield, Paladin: Favored by Helm
    3: Completionist
    6: Toughness, Paladin: Ever Watchful
    9: Toughness
    12: Improved Shield Mastery
    15: Greater Shield Mastery
    18: Combat Expertise
    21: Epic: Epic Toughness
    22: Destiny: Perfect Shield Mastery
    24: Epic: Toughness
    25: Destiny: Toughness
    27: Epic: Epic Reflexes
    28: Destiny: Deific Warding
    30: Epic: Epic Fortitiude, Legendary: Scion of Celestia

UNBUFFED__________________________________________ ______________SELF BUFFED____________________________________________ __________ SELF & BARD BUFFED IN REAPER

ENHANCEMENTS __________________________________________________ ________________ DESTINY

NOTES:
    ENH: 24 Points spent in Vistanti for Mist STalker I-IV, 25% negative energy absorption and Immunity to Energy Drain, +2 CON, 9 points spent in Vanguard for Missile Shield (deflect arrows every 2 Seconds)
    Destiny: 14 points in Divine Crusader for Shield by Light: Immunity to MM, Bulk up: for 75% fort and +15 HPS instead of Brace for Impact from Unyielding Sentinel.
    Destiny: 7 points spent in Grandmaster of Flowers for Lotus Blade: Deflect Arrows every 6 seconds. I did spend more points in this tree, however

REAPER

GEAR:
    Helm: Legendary Crown of Butterflies, Reaper Stat Helm, Green Augment: Globe of True Imperial Blood
    Neck: Legendary Necklace of Bottled Sunlight, Reaper +3 MRR, Green Augment: +2 Festive Charisma
    Goggles: Legendary Collective Sight (+6 Insight CHA, +13 Wisdom), Reaper +3 PRR, Blue Augment: Alluring Elocution (CHA)
    Armor: Legendary Blessed Bulwark +4 Mythic, (+5% AC, +3 PRR Reaper), Green Augment: Alluring Elocution (CHA)
    Bracer: Legendary Cold Iron Bracers, Reaper +3 MRR, Green Augment: +2 Festive Constitution
    Cloak: Legendary Cloak of Spring, +1 Mythic PRR/MRR, Reaper +3 MRR, Green Augment: Storm's Bulwark
    Belt: Legendary Direbear Belt, Reaper +3 MRR, Green Augment: Essence of Ultimatum
    Boots: Legendary Deepsnow Boots, Reaper +3 MRR, Green Augment, Topaz of Feather Falling
    Gloves: The Princess's Gauntlet, +1 Mythic Melee/Ranged/Spell, Reaper +3 MRR, Blue Augment: Resistance +10, Green Augment: Essence of Litany of the Dead, Yellow Augment: Topaz of Swiftness 15%
    Ring 1: Legendary Nocturne Ring, Reaper +3 MRR, Blindness Immunity
    Ring 2: Legendary Duskbone Ring, Reaper +3 MRR, Green Augment: Alluring Elocution (CHA)
    Trinket: Icon of Bitterwind, Yellow Augment: +10 Damage, Green Augment: +20 Accuracy
    Swap Trinket: Icon of Bitterwind, Yellow Augment: +12 INT, Green Augment: +12 STR (I use this when up against Fomorians)
    Shield: Legendary Bulwark of Snow: +2 Mythic PRR/MRR, Reaper +3 MRR, Purple Augment: Crystalized Unicorn Tear
    Weapon: Divinity, the Morninglord's Glory, Purple Augment: Feareater, Red Augment: Devotion 139 (see pic at end of post) Metalline, gains Evil and Crystal Bypasses from GM Destiny

Set Bonus:
    7 Piece Winter: +30 MRR, +30 AMP, +10% HPS, +100% Threat, +3 CON, +15% AC
    2 Piece Summer: +30 MRR
    2 Piece Spring: +10% Missile Deflection
    3 Piece Alluring Elocution: +3 Charisma

Filigrees:

Weapon:
    Snake Bite/Grandfather's Shield: CON Rare
    Grandfather's Shield: CON Rare
    Nystul's Mystic Defense/Electrocution Rare: MRR
    Nystul's Mystic Defense: CON Rare
    Nystul's Mystic Defense: Sonic Absorb
    Unbreakable: Melee Threat Increase Rare
    Unbreakable: CON Rare
    Unbreakable: Heal Amp Rare
    Unbreakable: MRR Rare
    Bravery Throughout: Threat Increase

Arifact:
    Snake Bite/Grandfather's Shield: CON Rare
    Nystul's Mystic Defense/Electrocution Rare: MRR
    Unbreakable: CON Rare

Filigree Set Bonuses:
    5 Piece Unbreakable: +2 Lay on Hands, +10 PRR, +5 AC, +5% AC
    4 Piece Nystal's Mystical Defence: +5 MRR, +1 Saving Throws, +100 HPS
    3 Piece Grandfather's Shield: +5 PRR, +5% AC
    2 Piece Snake Bite: +4 Saving Throws vs. Poison

Thoughts/Critiques/Questions welcomed.
    Last edited by Cashiry; 04-01-2022 at 08:16 AM.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Questions:

What are your avoidance rates with 480 AC? I still get hit over 80% of the time even at 325 (testing R10 Master Artificer. Sample Size 200 hits). I pretty much gave up on Armor Class.

Does missile shield stack with deflect arrows?

Comment:

If you drop Tower Shield feat and grab Discipline instead, you basically trade your proficiency attack bonus for 5 MRR in Grandmaster of Flowers.

Also, if you go Vishtani instead of Chalice and Vanguard

you lose: 30 healing amp and missile shield and 2 charisma

but you get 22 PRR/MRR, Deflect Arrows, and 2 con.

Congratulations. That is a beautiful tank. I'm drooling over that 7k hp. I am in awe of the love and care that's been put into this. Great job.
    Last edited by Infiltraitor; 03-29-2022 at 05:09 PM.
    Reignbeautank - Argo Server.

If you have the Reignbeau character name on Argo server and want to trade it to me, please contact me.

Quote Originally Posted by Infiltraitor View Post
    Questions:

What are your avoidance rates with 480 AC? I still get hit over 80% of the time even at 325 (testing R10 Master Artificer. Sample Size 200 hits). I pretty much gave up on Armor Class.

Does missile shield stack with deflect arrows?

Comment:

If you drop Tower Shield feat and grab Discipline instead, you basically trade your proficiency attack bonus for 5 MRR in Grandmaster of Flowers.

Congratulations. That is a beautiful tank. I'm drooling over that 7k hp. I am in awe of the love and care that's been put into this. Great job.
    I like your thoughts on Vistanti. I hadn’t really ever considered it. I will have to check that out.

I typically run R8-R10 group content, whatever my guild mates want to run. Doesn’t much matter to me, I just like helping them out tanking, however haven’t tanked anything higher than an R1 raid, the only raid we do on Sarlona is R10 Tempest Spine which really don’t count. Tanking R1 raids seems like a joke to me, and I know this tank can handle more. Unfortunately, R1 or EH is the status quo on Sarlona.

The only thing I typically turtle up for is when there is a doom reaper in play, otherwise I pretty much constantly spam intim and swing away gaining threat.

I would have to check on avoidances, not in game at the moment. But unbuffed out of reaper. I believe 80% prr, 75% mrr. 10% dodge.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    I like your thoughts on Vistanti. I hadn’t really ever considered it. I will have to check that out.

I typically run R8-R10 group content, whatever my guild mates want to run. Doesn’t much matter to me, I just like helping them out tanking, however haven’t tanked anything higher than an R1 raid, the only raid we do on Sarlona is R10 Tempest Spine which really don’t count. Tanking R1 raids seems like a joke to me, and I know this tank can handle more. Unfortunately, R1 or EH is the status quo on Sarlona.

The only thing I typically turtle up for is when there is a doom reaper in play, otherwise I pretty much constantly spam intim and swing away gaining threat.

I would have to check on avoidances, not in game at the moment. But unbuffed out of reaper. I believe 80% prr, 75% mrr. 10% dodge.
    Yeah. I don't have any R10 raiding either. It's mostly academic conjecture at this point, but I like to min-max with that in mind assuming future power creep. LoL.

Basically, I was wondering how well 480 AC works out. I've given up on it, but I figured you would have a better idea.

Yeah. I don't have any R10 raiding either. It's mostly academic conjecture at this point, but I like to min-max with that in mind assuming future power creep. LoL.

Basically, I was wondering how well 480 AC works out. I've given up on it, but I figured you would have a better idea.

i see a lot of misses in R10 content from mobs. I do get hit, but it seems like dooms are the only thing that smack me really well. Red named bosses hit me, but the damage is minimal.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cashiry View Post
    I typically run R8-R10 group content ... however haven’t tanked anything higher than an R1 raid ... R1 or EH is the status quo on Sarlona.
    I would swap the 30 feat to epic fortitude to prevent disintegrate/horrid wilting 1 fails burst damage.

Then swap from paladin tank to dex based rogue tank for R8-10 quests and EH or R1 raids, because rogue is a good enough tank, but has more dps and utility. Especially since the rogue tank doesn't take a +1 heart and levels quickly, so you can reroll it over and over to refresh first time RXp bonuses while earning DDO points.

I do appreciate the color coordination of your outfit, and the build itself is good.

Questions:

What are your avoidance rates with 480 AC? I still get hit over 80% of the time even at 325 (testing R10 Master Artificer. Sample Size 200 hits).
    85% chance to hit = (Monster's Attack Bonus + 10.5) / (Target's Armor Class (325) * 2) > Monster's Attack Bonus = 85%*650-10.5 > Monster's Attack Bonus = 547 to hit. .: AC <293 = 0.

X% chance to hit = (Monster's Attack Bonus (547)+ 10.5) / (Target's Armor Class (480) * 2) > X% = 58%, .: AC 480 = 42% dodge.
    Last edited by Tilomere; 03-30-2022 at 03:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilomere View Post
    85% chance to hit = (Monster's Attack Bonus + 10.5) / (Target's Armor Class (325) * 2) > Monster's Attack Bonus = 85%*650-10.5 > Monster's Attack Bonus = 547 to hit. .: AC <293 = 0.

X% chance to hit = (Monster's Attack Bonus (547)+ 10.5) / (Target's Armor Class (480) * 2) > X% = 58%, .: AC 480 = 42% dodge.
    Thank you for this information. It takes a very excessive investment to reach these numbers, but it would still be worthwhile at 42%. I will need to take this into account. Thanks again.

Community Member

I would swap the 30 feat to epic fortitude to prevent disintegrate/horrid wilting 1 fails burst damage.

Then swap from paladin tank to dex based rogue tank for R8-10 quests and EH or R1 raids, because rogue is a good enough tank, but has more dps and utility. Especially since the rogue tank doesn't take a +1 heart and levels quickly, so you can reroll it over and over to refresh first time RXp bonuses while earning DDO points.

I do appreciate the color coordination of your outfit, and the build itself is good.
    Good advice
    Last edited by Taranthiel; 03-30-2022 at 04:51 AM.

Sound advice. I like the idea of rogue. Would need to test it for my play style. Also like the idea of epic fortitude. Hadn’t thought of that due to such a high fort save.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Pointing out Vanguard has 2 second colodown Deflect Arrows, which this build has.

Also, I second the advice to swap Epic Reflexes for Epic Fortitude.
    Epicsoul | Omnisoul | Soul - Assistant to the Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2020-Present | Regional Manager of Lava Divers (2021-2022)
    Need to contact the Lava Divers of Khyber? DM our HR Department on Discord: Epicsoul (Epicsoul#3214)

just a thought - have you considered dropping tower shield and using large? for more dodge?

Quote Originally Posted by Hobgoblin View Post
    just a thought - have you considered dropping tower shield and using large? for more dodge?
    I have, I think it’s more a personal preference to use A Tower Shield to max out shield deflection 40% chance to ignore elemental spell damage.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Quote Originally Posted by Epicsoul View Post
    Pointing out Vanguard has 2 second colodown Deflect Arrows, which this build has.

Also, I second the advice to swap Epic Reflexes for Epic Fortitude.
    yeah. This is why I like vanguard. I think I’m gonna drop a toughness for epic Fortitude.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Updated original post,

Changed out the lvl 30 feat from Toughness to Epic Fortitude.
    Also switched to Vistanti from PDK, Gained 25% negative energy absorption and +2 CON, lost +2 CHA.

Thx for the suggestions,
    Last edited by Cashiry; 04-01-2022 at 08:16 AM.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

It's a pity that PDK is so much better tank than a Dwarf...
    Polska gildia DDO / Polish guild

Polska gildia DDO - Magia i Miecz (200), Argonnessen
    Zapraszamy!

Quote Originally Posted by gravisrs View Post
    It's a pity that PDK is so much better tank than a Dwarf...
    I agree.
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Default HP or 2hf

Did you take Legendary Toughness or Legendary 2 handed fighting at level 31?

Quote Originally Posted by Galinar View Post
    Did you take Legendary Toughness or Legendary 2 handed fighting at level 31?
    legendary two-handed fighting specialty
    Roving Guns - Sarlona
    Cashery

Community Member

You have deflect Arrows from Vistani Core, Missile Shield from Vanguard and take Deflect Arrows again from grandmaster...do these actually all stack or would the points in grandmaster be better spent elsewhere ?

What feat will you put at lv 3 when you no longer need to take Completionist?
    Quote Originally Posted by Philam View Post
    I nominate you as head developer of DDO!
    Quote Originally Posted by FlimsyFirewood View Post
    That tears it. I need to get a donkey.
    Concentrated power is the enemy of liberty - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast